U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:06 AM

122 posts, read 63,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The problem with many white folks is that you eventually get trapped by your own BS. You all spend so much time trying to make others seem weak so that you can look strong in the juxtaposition. Ergo, I drop a bowling ball on my big toe, yell in pain, then go to the doctor. You complain about me being weak. The same thing now happens to you, now you realize how much pain I was in, but now you cannot respond like me because you are suppose to be SUPERIOR, so you try to tough it out. Eventually your toe just keeps getting worse.

The problem is that the police have gotten out of hand mainly because white folks let it get out of hand. Yes, more of you are dying but you sit silent. Whose fault is that? Black folks are not taking that slit. We have been through too much. Thus, we march and have protest. I do not support violent retaliation against police officers though. What I am saying is that whites not standing up for their rights is not some standard that blacks should feel compelled to follow. Hell to the naw! However, best believe that whites will benefit from the black struggle against police violence. If you are the main ones getting killed then you will be the main ones to benefit from policy changes.

Keep in mind also that the majority of white people voted against Obama. It tickles me when you have conservative whites use the actions taken by liberal whites (Voting for the black candidate for president) to show that the nation is not racist. Conservative whites have little to show to demonstrate such, thus, they have to rely on the actions of liberal whites to salvage the reputation of the nation.

You might reconsider your determination of who is getting trapped in BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 AM

9,948 posts, read 6,894,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achelois View Post
You might reconsider your determination of who is getting trapped in BS.
Nope. I was sufficiently pensive before I came to that conclusion. You all do get trapped in your own creations. Look at the Middle East. It was European who created the state of Israel, after the Europeans oppressed the Jews. All the racial issues of today in this country are the legacy of the racism whites inflicted on blacks for centuries. Many of the issues of the world today has to do with borders....borders created by Europeans during their era of colonization and imperialism. Ergo, many of the problems that you hate the most are problems that are REACTIONS to things white folks did in the past.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:18 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,202,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Worst in the history of the country.
That sounds about right, 8 years of racial oppression for white people is equal to 350 years of racial oppression for black people (1619-fist slave ship arrives, 1968 Civil Right Act)

Old 07-29-2016, 08:10 AM

5,746 posts, read 3,212,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What Obama's election did was to bring the latent racists out of hiding and expose them to the sunlight. Of course, they'll try to disguise their hatred as "policy disagreements" in an attempt to blend in with the genuine political opponents. But the raw, unfiltered hate directed at this president is unprecedented. He's a good family man of excellent character, yet he's hated with a venom that's completely irrational by any standard.

That kind of spittle-spewing hate is known as racism and sadly it's still part of the American scene.
And can you imagine if President Obama had come to the DNC 8 years ago with his five kids from THREE different women? Can you imagine how Republicans would have been all over that? Yet, they love Trump for his "family values."

Can you imagine if he'd made even one tenth of the kind of stupid, disrespectful, incendiary, hateful (never mind racist or sexist) statements that Trump has? Can you imagine?

But Trump supporters love him even more for all of the above, while they find nothing but fault in Obama, who is leagues above Trump in almost every way. Not to mention a HECK of a lot better looking (a true statement and one that is the kind Trump loves to make. That man has NO right to be making comments about anyone else's looks).

Old 07-29-2016, 09:05 AM

1,181 posts, read 728,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
President Obama IS 'at the heart of it', because the heart of the matter is that he is Black and the racist filth in this country cannot accept it. BYE!

Do you like him any better White?
No?
See, you're not a Racist

Old 07-29-2016, 09:20 AM

909 posts, read 669,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure why anyone thought having a MIXED President would something so untrue. In fact, that President Obama was elected made the racists more paranoid and desperately vocal.
BLACK in this country Boss...no reason to change the one drop rule now when a BLACK man is symbolically the most powerful man in the country...if the rule wasn't changed when lynching's and Jim Crow were a regular way of life there is no reason to change it now...agree with the rest of your post

Old 07-29-2016, 09:33 AM

4,881 posts, read 2,356,780 times
The whole BLM movement has sparked nothing but problems instead of working to solve a problem.

Buffalo should be fun tomorrow!

White Lives Matter Rally Tomorrow - WBEN NewsRadio 930 : Buffalo & Niagara Falls, NY
EXCLUSIVE: 100+ Antifa Terrorists Planning Attack on "White Lives Matter" Rally in Buffalo on Sat. 7/30
and then we have this group attending: https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloARC/

Old 07-29-2016, 09:44 AM

3,453 posts, read 3,121,165 times
Why do people assume race relations were good prior to Obama ? They were always bad we just didn't have social media. Where people can express how they really feel. This is nothing new.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 AM

3,453 posts, read 3,121,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
That sounds about right, 8 years of racial oppression for white people is equal to 350 years of racial oppression for black people (1619-fist slave ship arrives, 1968 Civil Right Act)
When I saw that I just laughed. He must forgot we are only 50 years out of Jim Crow

Old 07-29-2016, 10:11 AM

164 posts, read 115,961 times
The problem is that the police have gotten out of hand mainly because white folks let it get out of hand. Yes, more of you are dying but you sit silent. Whose fault is that? Black folks are not taking that slit. We have been through too much. Thus, we march and have protest. I do not support violent retaliation against police officers though. What I am saying is that whites not standing up for their rights is not some standard that blacks should feel compelled to follow. Hell to the naw! However, best believe that whites will benefit from the black struggle against police violence. If you are the main ones getting killed then you will be the main ones to benefit from policy changes.

i'll admit i didn't take time to read the rest of your post because the first paragraph was kinda silly and this one just gave me an immediate need to respond...
we sit silent because:
1) It is not blasted hourly thru the media and more importantly
2) when I hear of someone getting shot by a cop - my IMMEDIATE response (regardless of age, color, anything) is they musta done sumfin they wasnt possed to do.

You see, when I was 17, I was a troublemaker. Long hair, barefoot everywhere, ripped jeans, no shirt, driving a jeep with no top, likely speeding, usually drinking. I got pulled over, A LOT! and ticketed, A LOT. But I never got shot...not even once. Is it cause I'm white? perhaps, but I feel that it is because I did what the officers told me to do while calling them sir and having both hands where they could be seen. I did not argue, I didn't call them *******s. I could say they were probably even profiling me because I was pulled over so much...but I'm smart enough to know that they SHOULD BE PROFILING, that's how you catch bad guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies