U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:53 PM

122 posts, read 63,471 times

Advertisements

Some people are determined to become and remain victims. Victims remain eternally aggrieved, or at least until they change their mindset. The past cannot be changed. If one is determined to remain a victim, then the future cannot be changed, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 04:00 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,325,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i had hopes that having a "black" president would have shown the world that we, as a whole, aren't racist. That if you work hard and do what you're supposed to do, that you can even hold the most esteemed job in the world, regardless of your color. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. His pandering and the liberal media playing along have really, IMO, damaged race relations to levels I have never seen.
I did a little research and found that more than twice as many whites were killed by police in 2015 than blacks. More than twice! I never heard of more than a couple. But I heard every single time a black person was killed. Yes, I am aware that the black population is much lower than whites but that does not mean that it's ok to kill more whites because there are more of them.
Anyway, race relations are worse now than ever before, IMO, what do you think?
I think you're wrong.

"According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

"U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fc18213db06c

Racism was there before Obama, it will be there long after he is gone. David Duke is now running for Senate. I can promise you he was emboldened by Trump and his fans.

The suggestion that Obama is damaging race relations is racist rhetoric. When a brown person commits a heinous act of violence, the response is outrage, ban Muslims, accountability out the wahoo. When a brown person is the victim of racist crime, the same angry and rightful response is "divisive". It's a silencing tactic, nothing less.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:03 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,325,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achelois View Post
Some people are determined to become and remain victims. Victims remain eternally aggrieved, or at least until they change their mindset. The past cannot be changed. If one is determined to remain a victim, then the future cannot be changed, either.
They're still victims, as a people, absolutely. That is an inconvenient truth.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:58 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,460,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i had hopes that having a "black" president would have shown the world that we, as a whole, aren't racist. That if you work hard and do what you're supposed to do, that you can even hold the most esteemed job in the world, regardless of your color. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. His pandering and the liberal media playing along have really, IMO, damaged race relations to levels I have never seen.
I did a little research and found that more than twice as many whites were killed by police in 2015 than blacks. More than twice! I never heard of more than a couple. But I heard every single time a black person was killed. Yes, I am aware that the black population is much lower than whites but that does not mean that it's ok to kill more whites because there are more of them.
Anyway, race relations are worse now than ever before, IMO, what do you think?
blacks are angrier than ever, when it should be the other way around under an 8 year black president.

keeping the races divided has been a central theme under this administration and will continue under the next one if the crooked one somehow wins the election.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:09 PM

9,443 posts, read 10,194,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achelois View Post
Sounds like you are describing the people who fly the Rebel Flag. Nearly a half a million of them died fighting a rich man's war against an oppressive government only to suffer a humiliating loss while the wealthy formed a government just as oppressive against them. The wealthy sent their; brothers and sons but spared the black slaves who they convinced poor whites that they were better than. The Rebel Flag is a symbol of their victimhood and their lasting legacy is to never trust the government again.
Chains and the Cat o Nine Tails is the rebel flag for African Americans.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:58 PM

50,700 posts, read 26,743,691 times
I'm getting along with other races exactly as I always did.

If race relations have changed for you since 2008, then you're probably a racist troublemaker.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 663,160 times
Race relations haven't improved since before I was even born, or since Obama became POTUS. In fact, blaming the President for race relations failing is one example race relations have not improved.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:34 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,994,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Sounds like you are describing the people who fly the Rebel Flag. Nearly a half a million of them died fighting a rich man's war against an oppressive government only to suffer a humiliating loss while the wealthy formed a government just as oppressive against them. The wealthy sent their; brothers and sons but spared the black slaves who they convinced poor whites that they were better than. The Rebel Flag is a symbol of their victimhood and their lasting legacy is to never trust the government again.
Chains and the Cat o Nine Tails is the rebel flag for African Americans.

Well got News for you I fly the Rebel Flag every day. I have been called the N word many times. My Kids have Masters from College and have good Jobs. They never had trouble because of their race.

Me I'm retired after working in a Bakery many years.

Obama has set us back many years. And BLM are punks with no respect for this country. Oh want to keep being put to the back of the bus vote Democrat.

brushrunner

Old 07-30-2016, 04:07 PM

50,700 posts, read 26,743,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Well got News for you I fly the Rebel Flag every day. I have been called the N word many times. My Kids have Masters from College and have good Jobs. They never had trouble because of their race.

Me I'm retired after working in a Bakery many years.

Obama has set us back many years. And BLM are punks with no respect for this country. Oh want to keep being put to the back of the bus vote Democrat.

brushrunner
Obama set YOU back many years. But that's your problem.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:07 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
Race relations have not changed...what has changed is the inability to sweep the subject under the rug as has been done the past few decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies