U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:55 PM

20,643 posts, read 10,026,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let's face the facts if a black man labels a white guy as an "ugly white boy" it would be racist and so are this lady's (using the term lady loosely) comments.

She would not work for me.

The equivalent would be ugly white b@$t@rd, and I think those protesting here would accuse someone saying that of being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,166,348 times
Quote:
Let's face the facts if a black man labels a white guy as an "ugly white boy" it would be racist and so are this lady's (using the term lady loosely) comments.

When you use the word black, brown, yellow or white between two negative words the odds are the comment is racist if you are describing a person.
You obviously have never read the dictionary entry for racism.

If you call me an ugly white bastard, you are in no way being racist. (Unless of course you are saying that I am ugly BECAUSE I am white, which is not what was said...)

Old 07-27-2016, 08:01 PM

24,774 posts, read 9,650,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not in my opinion.
But I'm talking about the PC mob. What would they say?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:02 PM

22,506 posts, read 11,590,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post

If you call me an ugly white bastard, you are in no way being racist. (Unless of course you are saying that I am ugly BECAUSE I am white, which is not what was said...)
Since I am white...no. If I am walking down the street and a black guy says "hey, ugly white bastard" I am going to be ready for a fight. I stand by my previous comment.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:05 PM

24,774 posts, read 9,650,976 times
Quote:

Exactly.

And this is why I'm scrutinizing each word.

I can't figure out the rules!!!

Old 07-27-2016, 08:13 PM

50,578 posts, read 26,698,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm trying to find the inaccuracy in the statement. She is ugly, she is black, and she is a b***h.

What's the problem? The order of the description?
If it's okay to say that, then you're telling me that in the presence of black people that you know, you'd call a random black woman an "ugly black *****?"

If your answer is no (and it IS no, regardless of any attempt by you to say yes), then why wouldn't you say it?

You know why. So please, stop trying to be cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One great thing about social media, it allows a paper trail of peoples ugly, racist remarks. Glad they got this hag.
Note the poster i quoted above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My apologies if you believe it's an insult being black. Self hatred must suck.
I love myself enough to put my name on a nasty comment i send to someone in a message.

Hint, Hint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Bottom line. You either believe in free speech or you don't. All of the apologists here (both sides) prove they do not believe in free speech. My personal feelings of the subject mean nothing. Her right to say it is sacred.

El Nox
This isn't a free speech issue. You're confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
When they stupidly do it ON THE INTERNET under thier own name??

YES THEY DESERVE WHATEVER HAPPENS!!!!!

Bloody morons.......
Some of our fellow posters can't seem to understand such a simple concept.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:17 PM

10,218 posts, read 6,794,816 times
Quote:
Huh? Nothing racist there. An opinion is all it was. You can call me an ugly white bastard and I will hardly accuse you of "racism"...LOL

Firing though...that is up to the boss. As no one should be forced to employ or employ anyone...if they are, they are slaves to whomever forces them to hire someone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quite correct. But a certain segment of the population will shriek racism whenever the word black is used. Especially the (B)owe(L) (M)ovement idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm trying to find the inaccuracy in the statement. She is ugly, she is black, and she is a b***h.

What's the problem? The order of the description?
Anarchists don't think it was racist.... I am shocked...

Old 07-27-2016, 08:18 PM

10,218 posts, read 6,794,816 times
Quote:

When you use the word black, brown, yellow or white between two negative words the odds are the comment is racist if you are describing a person.
Bolded for truth.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:30 PM

21,537 posts, read 14,354,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Bottom line. You either believe in free speech or you don't. All of the apologists here (both sides) prove they do not believe in free speech. My personal feelings of the subject mean nothing. Her right to say it is sacred.

El Nox
You absolutely have to right to free speech. You absolutely have the right to suffer the consequences of free speech.

If you can't take the heat, keep your yap shut and your racist opinions to yourself, and you won't suffer the consequences.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:31 PM

5,986 posts, read 3,463,227 times
Seriously, you have to be short on IQ to make provocative statements like that on social media these days. Do I think calling someone black is racist? Ehhh - it really depends on context, but I think it's more indicative of prejudice than it is racism to point out someone's race. I have heard "my/your/his/her black ass" used way too many times in jest by my friends of color to believe that it's purely racist ... but again, it's all about context, and it's just bad business to take such pointed statements public like that.

She made her employer look bad, so now she doesn't work for them anymore. Problem>solution. You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies