Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

You know...like this genius in Ann Arbor, Michigan...

It only took a day for a woman to get fired for bashing Michelle Obama on social media – Rare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 03:28 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,399 times
Bad remarks, but I never think someone should be fired for something said outside of the workplace.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:40 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
I think she should've been fired for the racist comments. If she is that dumb to tweet something that racist she should be gone. Her value deminished in corporate America.

This is the problem with the I dont have to be politically correct movement. People actually think they can write say whatever they want but when its time to be held accountable there is a different story.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Bad remarks, but I never think someone should be fired for something said outside of the workplace.
I basically agree with you overall.

But seriously, you can't be in a position of loan officer at a well known local bank, and post something like this under your real name on a public forum.

Think about it...imagine if you're a black person and she's the one who processed your rejected loan application. Then you see THIS on social media with her big face in the photo.

Not good if you're her boss.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:32 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Huh? Nothing racist there. An opinion is all it was. You can call me an ugly white bastard and I will hardly accuse you of "racism"...LOL

Firing though...that is up to the boss. As no one should be forced to employ or employ anyone...if they are, they are slaves to whomever forces them to hire someone...

Old 07-27-2016, 04:33 PM

932 posts, read 898,566 times
i dont think her comments is racist

Old 07-27-2016, 04:41 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Really? What she did was pure stupidity. She is within her rights to "think" what she said. When she posts it to social media and is then identified as an employee of YOUR company? Is it not in the best interest of the company to terminate her employment? Is she worth the lost business?

If I were her boss and was made aware of the situation she would be terminated. I would see her as a liability to the company.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Huh? Nothing racist there. An opinion is all it was. You can call me an ugly white bastard and I will hardly accuse you of "racism"...LOL

Firing though...that is up to the boss. As no one should be forced to employ or employ anyone...if they are, they are slaves to whomever forces them to hire someone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
i dont think her comments is racist
So the mention of her race is TOTALLY unimportant, huh? She couldn't have made the same point by just saying that she was ugly and leaving it at that.

So lemme ask...if you saw a random ugly black woman and you were talking to a black guy, would you tell him that the woman is an ugly black *****?

Nope. You damn sure know that you wouldn't and that if you did, the temperature is gonna drop REAL fast.

So please, chill with the silly opinions.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I don't get the need to blab about everything on social media, anyway. But I have ZERO respect, also, for the beech (of whatever color) who thought she was Columbo, and made it her lofty mission to identify the poster and get her fired.

That said, you pay for your thrills. Remember the obnoxious guy who filmed his rant directed at a Chik- Fil-a drive-thru employee, then posted it on FB? When his boss saw how he berated and attempted to humiliate that poor kid, he lost his $200K/yr job--and he, his wife, and four kids were on food stamps. He found another job for the same salary and, when they found out who he was, they fired him, too.

Oh well.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
If people cannot edit themselves, why do they maintain a public page?

I'm not on social media, but having a public page and posting things like that says two things about you. First, you're probably a racist and don't care who knows it. Second, you have no common sense.

No company wants either representing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies