Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 12:47 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,561,218 times

Advertisements

As someone who invest in cryto, you're not telling me anything that I don't know. This was not an issue with bitcoin, but an exchange called BitFinex. This exchange has been hacked before, so the fact people still kept money in this exchange is just stupdity on the part of the investor.

The hack came from bitcoin's hot wallet, which is what's used on exchanges. But due to exploits with multisig wallets, the hacker was able to take advantage. This was just stupidity on the behalf of the exchange. They should have held people's money in cold wallets, and then when people requested their with drags, they could write code for this.

Poloniex, which is the biggest exchange has NEVER been hacked. I wonder why? Oh yeah, a competent security team goes a long way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 01:12 PM

18,744 posts, read 8,364,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
As someone who invest in cryto, you're not telling me anything that I don't know. This was not an issue with bitcoin, but an exchange called BitFinex. This exchange has been hacked before, so the fact people still kept money in this exchange is just stupdity on the part of the investor.

The hack came from bitcoin's hot wallet, which is what's used on exchanges. But due to exploits with multisig wallets, the hacker was able to take advantage. This was just stupidity on the behalf of the exchange. They should have held people's money in cold wallets, and then when people requested their with drags, they could write code for this.

Poloniex, which is the biggest exchange has NEVER been hacked. I wonder why? Oh yeah, a competent security team goes a long way.
When the FDIC insures my bitcoins, then I'll bite.

(lol)

Old 08-03-2016, 01:15 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,561,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
When the FDIC insures my bitcoins, then I'll bite.

(lol)
People giving up freedom for security is why our financial system is in such disarray. The funniest thing, the most over regulated industry in the entire economy is finance. Yet so many financial scams have happened right under the nose of regulators. The bottomline, you money is no more safe in a FDIC insured bank, but they give you illusion that it is.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:43 PM

18,744 posts, read 8,364,710 times
Quote:
People giving up freedom for security is why our financial system is in such disarray. The funniest thing, the most over regulated industry in the entire economy is finance. Yet so many financial scams have happened right under the nose of regulators. The bottomline, you money is no more safe in a FDIC insured bank, but they give you illusion that it is.
As long as you have no more than $250K per account, you are absolutely insured.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:50 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,727,021 times
Quote:
"FDIC" insures nothing. The people insure themselves. If "banks" lose money, the people give them their money to reward them. It is like paying yourself back if you are robbed

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 PM

15,641 posts, read 7,489,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
If you read through the entire thread, you know that I agree with you for the most part. My only bone with this post is that you say that the International Central Banking Families are not the problem.

They have written the "laws" which grants them a monopoly over a single "legal tender". People are forced to be their perpetual slaves if they wish to engage in the market in any way.

They have written the "laws" which grant them a monopoly on "money" creation both physical and virtual, and the many fold "debt" and usury accompanied by that "creation". They have also written the "laws" which legally decreed the human beings perpetual living collateral for that fictional "debt" for their non-service scam.

They have written the "laws" which have effectively transformed the human population into their personal slave race...

But I certainly agree with you that "money" is the foundation problem behind it. "Money" is, always has been, and always will be, simply a tool of exploitation. It is an absurdity to "legitimize" exploitation in place of actual human exchanges. "Exchange" literally meaning trading equal amounts.

In this way, we can say "profit", is indeed nothing more than a substitute term for exploitation.

And I will agree with you, that "money" is not necessary in any way for man to make exchanges with his fellow man or to survive. Despite the peddler's "justifications" for their methods of exploitation. Money, in the end, simply allows those who control and create money to confiscate the assets of everyone who uses it without every having to offer anything, create anything, or produce anything in exchange. "Money" is a scam of parasites.

However, the slaves have been so brainwashed by their masters, they cannot even fathom a world without wearing the shackles of "money". That is why I mentioned a labor/time currency alternative.

One of the largest supposed needs of money is for third party "trades" and "conversion" of unlike goods and services to be "traded" into an easily transported and divisible medium of exchange. Time/labor units fit that duty.

The true problem with those units is that people don't want to make actual exchanges with their fellow man, they only want to maximize their exploitation of their fellow man. They don't wish to "trade" anything, they wish to extract more from others than they are willing to offer themselves. That is the hurdle for a "currency" like time/labor units.

Because of the immoral "virtue" of profit and exploitation that is held religiously by people now, they would find actual exchanges as abhorrent.

All the while they would still be complaining that they are "worth" more than other human beings. That their lives are "worth" more than the lives of other human beings. That they "deserve" to get more in return than they have offered to others.

Those who didn't have "money" had it right. We are more like predatory animals than human beings...
A most excellent response. All that you say is right on the money.

I apologize for not having more to contribute ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies