U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:53 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,141,532 times

Advertisements

Back when I first started getting interested in politics around 2000 or so, I had no idea what the FED was. And I think most Americans had no idea what the FED was either. Only the most informed and financially savvy of the population knew what the FED did, and fewer knew what impact the FED had on the economy. Today I think the number of people who are aware of the FED is growing, and I feel more and more people are starting to see it's impact on the economy.

While I do think the Paul Krugman's of the world can most definitely shill for the FED, QE, and other intervetionist economic policies and get a lot support, I think that number is losing faith in the FED. More and more people are waking up and seeing that "debt is not good", which is the lie the FED has been telling us for decades. American's have reached a critical mass when it comes to debt, and I think most people are losing confidence in our "debt economy".

The thing is, there hasn't been an alternative to the FED until now. With blockchain technology cementing itself and ready to take off, I feel that more and more people are going to start moving their wealth into blockchain technology. I think everyone is upset with how unfair the banking system is these days, and how the government does everything in it's power to keep us in debt. While it seems unlikely today, pretty soon I feel that everyone will lose total confidence in the FED and the US dollar. And soon the world will abandon the idea of "central banks" for crytocurrencies and precious metals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 02:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,010,733 times
One can only hope but, you will find many that believe we can keep exporting our inflation.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:57 PM

593 posts, read 1,177,744 times
No

Old 07-27-2016, 03:04 PM

2,852 posts, read 2,970,048 times
Krugman is a hack, but I don't forsee an end to a central banking firm in the US. More oversight will probably be the best we get.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM

4,370 posts, read 5,141,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Krugman is a hack, but I don't forsee an end to a central banking firm in the US. More oversight will probably be the best we get.
I think the FED's ability to actually control the economy is slipping. I feel that in order to control the economy you have to control information. The alternative media has too many unbiased economic sources for people to weigh in on what the MSM is telling them. I also think with the decline, and eventual death of cable, more people will be driven towards alternative news sources. These will be sources of information that the FED can't directly control.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:39 PM

35,225 posts, read 19,277,067 times
Default Will the FED end in the next 10 years?

Nope.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:39 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,165,842 times
IF the Americans or their puppet government tried to oust the Central Banking Families monopoly or end the American Plantation, other debtor puppet governments of the Central Banking Families would wage war upon us and seize their assets (the slaves and "their" property). .

Hell "our" government will not even address any of the Banking schemes of the Money Cartel. I would like to be hopeful, but the reality is America is not the only slave nation. MOST of the "nations" on Earth are completely controlled by the Chosen Families. The remaining debtor puppet nations of the world would bomb us back to the stone age before they let us escape the Worldwide Plantation.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 PM

66,460 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Back when I first started getting interested in politics around 2000 or so, I had no idea what the FED was. And I think most Americans had no idea what the FED was either. Only the most informed and financially savvy of the population knew what the FED did, and fewer knew what impact the FED had on the economy. Today I think the number of people who are aware of the FED is growing, and I feel more and more people are starting to see it's impact on the economy.

While I do think the Paul Krugman's of the world can most definitely shill for the FED, QE, and other intervetionist economic policies and get a lot support, I think that number is losing faith in the FED. More and more people are waking up and seeing that "debt is not good", which is the lie the FED has been telling us for decades. American's have reached a critical mass when it comes to debt, and I think most people are losing confidence in our "debt economy".

The thing is, there hasn't been an alternative to the FED until now. With blockchain technology cementing itself and ready to take off, I feel that more and more people are going to start moving their wealth into blockchain technology. I think everyone is upset with how unfair the banking system is these days, and how the government does everything in it's power to keep us in debt. While it seems unlikely today, pretty soon I feel that everyone will lose total confidence in the FED and the US dollar. And soon the world will abandon the idea of "central banks" for crytocurrencies and precious metals.

We can only hope & pray

Old 07-27-2016, 07:17 PM

3,792 posts, read 1,889,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
... More and more people are waking up and seeing that "debt is not good", which is the lie the FED has been telling us for decades...
If you want to reduce debt then upping the minimum wage a lot will reduce the value of existing debts. Also making the US minimum wage apply to export workers if countries exporting to the US will help. Debt doesn't matter debt to income does.

The FED has been running up Total debt %GDP from 1981 on.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,165,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
If you want to reduce debt then upping the minimum wage a lot will reduce the value of existing debts. Also making the US minimum wage apply to export workers if countries exporting to the US will help. Debt doesn't matter debt to income does.

The FED has been running up Total debt %GDP from 1981 on.

American "debt" is a fiction created by "our" government. The chattel human collateral, decreed so in 1913 to the Central Banking Families and their fiat currency is a farce. We owe these Families nothing for their counterfeiting, partial reserve "banking" and usury scams. We should rightly hang all of those bloodlines from the nearest lightposts. They are parasites and nothing more. We owe them nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or