Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:31 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The woman has early onset Alzheimers. Either you are part of the law enforcement cartel that gets rich by prohibition, or you have early onset Alzheimers, to want to keep marijuana, especially medical marijuana, illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Nobody protecting her$$$ from going to waste ??
It is odd that she would choose to fight it. I doubt it was her decision. Probably a family member that has control of her finances and wants to get their hands on her inheritance.

The Effects of Medical Marijuana on Alzheimer’s Prevention

"A preclinical study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease found that very small doses of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a chemical found in marijuana, can slow the production of beta-amyloid proteins, thought to be a hallmark characteristic and key contributor to the progression of Alzheimer’s.
The study, published in 2014, is among others to support the effectiveness of THC in prohibiting the growth of toxic amyloid plagues."

The Effects of Medical Marijuana on Alzheimer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:38 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Took all of a second.
No doubt.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:45 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
It is odd that she would choose to fight it.

The Effects of Medical Marijuana on Alzheimer’s Prevention

"A preclinical study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease found that very small doses of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a chemical found in marijuana, can slow the production of beta-amyloid proteins, thought to be a hallmark characteristic and key contributor to the progression of Alzheimer’s.
The study, published in 2014, is among others to support the effectiveness of THC in prohibiting the growth of toxic amyloid plagues."

The Effects of Medical Marijuana on Alzheimer
I thought about that too, and the irony involved in Alzheimer's being her downfall.

Even if she was aware of the research available concerning treating Alzheimer's with cannabis, it wouldn't matter. It shows how once you have drank even just a single dose of the koolaid and proclaimed "Prohibition is King!", there is no going back. Even in the face of your own demise.

It adds more conviction to my belief that ALL threads about the merits of (or lack of) cannabis, and ALL threads about the merits of (or lack of) legalization, are a complete waste of time and bandwidth. Everyone on both sides has already made up their mind on the subject, and changing it is not even remotely possible. Logic, science, and evidence does not enter into it whatsoever. The fence separating the two sides has no one sitting on it.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Alzheimer's is a terrible disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but something just as bad or worse is denying people freedom. I hope her Alzheimer's progresses to the point that she forgets her cause.
I have never been stoned once,and I don't recommend anyone start, but it's none of my business what others want to do themselves.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
One of Florida's richest women is donating big time to keep medical marijuana out of the state. The trust of Carol Jenkins Barnett, daughter of the founder of the Publix supermarket chain, has donated $800,000 to the Drug Free Florida group, which is fighting a legalization measure on the ballot this November, the Miami New Times reports.

Amendment 2 would allow doctors to prescribe marijuana for what it calls "debilitating medical conditions," including cancer, HIV, epilepsy, and PTSD, reports the SaintPetersBlog. A similar amendment failed in 2014—with Barnett's trust donating $540,000 to defeat it—and the only Floridians who now have access to medical marijuana are children with severe epilepsy, who are prescribed a low-THC version, and terminal cancer patients allowed to use marijuana under an "experimental drugs" program, reports the Miami Herald.

Barnett, 59, has early onset Alzheimer's and resigned from the company's board last month. Publix says her donation to the anti-pot group is personal and does not reflect company policy.

What the hell does it matter to her if it is legal or not? Im sure she has some big pharm investments possibly?

Publix heiress gives $800G to fight medical marijuana | Fox News
LMAO She has early onset Alzheimer's which marijuana has been known to make life easier and she's fighting against it? I hope she and other control freaks rot.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
800k is chump change compared to the uber rich funding smoke dope world...

I will shop at Publix more
Maybe you can racially profile when you're there. Just to keep in practice.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:26 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Maybe you can racially profile when you're there. Just to keep in practice.
Hunh? Where does such a goofball immature statement come from....where did that stupidity bubble up from... Now im a racist..jeesh...

All drugs have the equal opportunity to change anyone from a productive person to lesser human being...no racial profiling needed..which is illegal anyway...nope drug use crosses all racial and socioeconomic barriers.

If you think about what drug use is. It's racist to the core. A way to control people..enslave people..create criminal behavior...and enrichen the few...

Try a little critical analysis...

Old 07-28-2016, 03:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Dumb move for a grocery store heiress. Hasn't she heard of the munchies?

Old 07-28-2016, 05:28 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Publix Supermarkets have Pharmacies. Antibiotics, and a few other meds, are free with a script. No insurance needed.

I suppose medical marijuana would cut into their Pharmacy traffic?

Old 07-28-2016, 05:48 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Publix Supermarkets have Pharmacies. Antibiotics, and a few other meds, are free with a script. No insurance needed.

I suppose medical marijuana would cut into their Pharmacy traffic?
Not after EF Lilly phizer and pharma gets it

Monsanto and Phillip Morris are salivating... A whole new crop of addicted users don't come along every day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies