U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:03 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,353,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Use of many prescription drugs has plummeted following the legalization of medical marijuana, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of Georgia and published in the journal Health Affairs.

The researchers found that Medicare prescriptions fell for conditions that can be treated by cannabis, including anxiety, depression, pain, nausea, psychosis, seizures, sleep disorders and spasticity. Prescriptions for other types of drugs, such as blood-thinners, remained unchanged. This led the researchers to conclude that legalization led directly to the changing prescription habits. [more]
http://www.naturalnews.com/054781_me...criptions.html

No surprise..... The cost of medical care in the USA is insane!!

That explains why its been made illegal---the drug companies were afraid
that cannabis would be used rather than their poisons and bribed the
lawmakers to criminalise it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:18 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,265,101 times
We know why Obama prevented pill importation from Canada, to keep US prices sky high as a favor to his big pharma donors.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:25 PM

3,144 posts, read 885,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
That explains why its been made illegal---the drug companies were afraid
that cannabis would be used rather than their poisons and bribed the
lawmakers to criminalise it
That is exactly right. Except that when Big Pharma started issuing blank checks to their lobbyists, they insisted on more than just keeping it criminalized (it was already criminalized by the time the medicinal properties were being discovered). They wanted it to remain completely demonized, Reefer Madness style, and locked down tight so that even research wasn't possible without the government's almost impossible to get permission.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:53 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,417,294 times
The article is a joke

A lot of..opinion...

But hey I'm all in for reducing fraud lowering my taxes people dying zonked out one one drug over another anyday if it doesn't affect all of us...

Oops..it does

How many users on here want their marijuana PAID for by someone else?

All drugs are equal opportunity detractors to life...and so the potheads don't flame...let me be clear..those that stone you..legal or illegal

Old 07-28-2016, 05:57 AM

26,345 posts, read 24,503,541 times
deleted by Creme
Posted twice

Old 07-28-2016, 05:58 AM

26,345 posts, read 24,503,541 times
I don't believe at this point in time, pharma drugs are plummeting...

What I do believe, is that someone paid someone off, to write this article and push their agenda.

I'm a senior and I don't know anyone who has turned to pot...so...it surely isn't as big as this article claims it is....

Old 07-28-2016, 06:03 AM

12,747 posts, read 8,795,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe at this point in time, pharma drugs are plummeting...

What I do believe, is that someone paid someone off, to write this article and push their agenda.

I'm a senior and I don't know anyone who has turned to pot...so...it surely isn't as big as this article claims it is....
It is a sad day when it is far easier for people with chronic pain to get pot, than it is to get Vicodin

Old 07-28-2016, 06:08 AM

29,719 posts, read 16,424,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
It is a sad day when it is far easier for people with chronic pain to get pot, than it is to get Vicodin
Both should be readily available and up to the end user which to buy.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:12 AM

2,456 posts, read 2,007,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And therein lies the reasons why people turn to pot. The FDA and the ATF (among others) tightening up the requirements on needed medications to keep them from being abused only hurts the people who need them.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:13 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,417,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Both should be readily available and up to the end user which to buy.
Up to a doctor... Self medication creates issues for everyone else
It's all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

There's a disconnect there somewhere Frank...you have to agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or