U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:13 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,501,477 times

Advertisements

He did his best Ronald Reagan impersonation last night. Of course, it was a total fraud, but his deranged lemmings bought it and that's all that matters to Democrats.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:14 PM

5,464 posts, read 2,501,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Oh I get it, you guys are listening to the pitch of the speech not the content, that makes sense, now I see how 33% applause makes America great again, or safe again.
Content? Obama is a total empty suit. He wouldn't know actual content if it was welded to his forehead.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:17 PM

13,989 posts, read 10,932,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I watch a lot of the history channel and many times they talk about how Hitler. One thing they talk about is how Hitler would start his speech off slower then go into a frenzy. I hear Obama talking on TV downstairs and he reminded me of the Hitler frenzy style of giving a speech.

hmm I wonder if Hitlers supporters got a tingle up their leg too.
What a profoundly stupid and black-hearted comment.

Also funny because Trump's positions on fear mongering and vilifying whole religions and races is a lot closer to Hitler than Obama's positions.

Yeah, this really sounds like Hitler:

Quote:
And my grandparents explained that folks in these parts, they didn’t like show-offs. They didn’t admire braggarts or bullies. They didn’t respect mean-spiritedness, or folks who were always looking for shortcuts in life. Instead, what they valued were traits like honesty and hard work, kindness, courtesy, humility, responsibility, helping each other out. That’s what they believed in. True things. Things that last. The things we try to teach our kids.

And what my grandparents understood was that these values weren’t limited to Kansas. They weren’t limited to small towns. These values could travel to Hawaii. They could travel even to the other side of the world, where my mother would end up working to help poor women get a better life; trying to apply those values. My grandparents knew these values weren’t reserved for one race. They could be passed down to a half-Kenyan grandson, or a half-Asian granddaughter. In fact, they were the same values Michelle’s parents, the descendants of slaves, taught their own kids, living in a bungalow on the South Side of Chicago. They knew these values were exactly what drew immigrants here, and they believed that the children of those immigrants were just as American as their own, whether they wore a cowboy hat or a yarmulke, a baseball cap or a hijab.

America has changed over the years. But these values that my grandparents taught me -- they haven’t gone anywhere. They’re as strong as ever, still cherished by people of every party, every race, every faith. They live on in each of us. What makes us American, what makes us patriots is what’s in here. That’s what matters.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:35 PM

8,500 posts, read 12,465,046 times
Cuomo (NY Gov) does the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or