Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:07 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Obama is great at delivering speeches. Too bad that he can't do much else worth a hoot.
He faced unprecedented obstruction so he couldn't get many priorities done. One thing is for sure though, he will go down in history as a transformative figure. He will mark a positive turning point in American culture and trajectory.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Could't you say the same about Trump?
no

Old 07-27-2016, 10:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I watch a lot of the history channel and many times they talk about how Hitler. One thing they talk about is how Hitler would start his speech off slower then go into a frenzy. I hear Obama talking on TV downstairs and he reminded me of the Hitler frenzy style of giving a speech.

hmm I wonder if Hitlers supporters got a tingle up their leg too.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Obummer probably studied Hitler's speeches to mimic his style.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:40 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, he pauses way too much and the ummm and ahhing is irritating! Like waiting for someone to get through a 5 word sentence, by the time they do you forget what they were talking about.

I have to agree, I've never seen him as a good speech giver, rather as a propagandist.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
He faced unprecedented obstruction so he couldn't get many priorities done. One thing is for sure though, he will go down in history as a transformative figure. He will mark a positive turning point in American culture and trajectory.
For whom? The billionaires that doubled in the time he started his presidency? Sure isnt the shrinking middle class

Old 07-27-2016, 10:45 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Obama is great at delivering speeches. Too bad that he can't do much else worth a hoot.
As they say, he's a reader, not a leader.

I didn't tune in to the DNC nonsense tonight, but something tells me that Baracko Bama was probably droppin' g's tonight. Hillary likes to do that when she feels the need to get her black on.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:52 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I don't understand why Americans are so obsessed with speech. I watched RNC and DNC, and most speeches radicalize the opponent, cherry pick their own experience, and make emotional, illogical assumptions. If such a person does that in my real life, I would refuse to be his friend.

I found the best colleagues of mine (in terms of job performance) do not talk much and usually do not impose their idea on others. American culture lets big mouths take advantage of others and values verbal skill way too much.
It's because most voters are low information. They don't actually understand the policy specifics so politicians have to appeal to them in generalized speeches.

It's also why an idiot like Trump can gain such a following even though he is totally unfit for the office.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:12 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It's because most voters are low information. They don't actually understand the policy specifics so politicians have to appeal to them in generalized speeches.

It's also why an idiot like Trump can gain such a following even though he is totally unfit for the office.
Yeah 100 years ago making speeches may have been the best way to let information out. Nowadays everyone carries a computer (smart phone) in pocket and there are many ways to get to know the candidates from different angles.
Some occasional speeches are useful but there is no need to make many.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I don't understand why Americans are so obsessed with speech. I watched RNC and DNC, and most speeches radicalize the opponent, cherry pick their own experience, and make emotional, illogical assumptions. If such a person does that in my real life, I would refuse to be his friend.

I found the best colleagues of mine (in terms of job performance) do not talk much and usually do not impose their idea on others. American culture lets big mouths take advantage of others and values verbal skill way too much.
LOL...i most certainly agree with you on that.

Americans love loudmouths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies