U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 11:42 AM

18,803 posts, read 9,617,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Which, thankfully, are illegal to buy already assembled.
Truck is it!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 11:43 AM

10,145 posts, read 6,270,142 times
Quote:
That's the difference. I'm not paranoid that the government is coming to get me. And I have 240 years of history to back that up.

Once again, show me the instances of people who aren't David Koresh and that ilk who have so many people coming after them that they need something that can shoot dozens of rounds in a scant amount of time.

Do a little reading here. You might find some answers, if you really want to know.

Armed Citizen

Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,299,778 times
Quote:
That's the difference. I'm not paranoid that the government is coming to get me. And I have 240 years of history to back that up.

Once again, show me the instances of people who aren't David Koresh and that ilk who have so many people coming after them that they need something that can shoot dozens of rounds in a scant amount of time.
I think we might have read different history books. There have been major atrocities carried out by governments all over the world, not even 50 years ago.

Heck, just look at what the NSA is guilty of.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:49 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,447,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
From watching the political landscape over the last few years, it seems to me that if you identify yourself as a Democrat then you pretty much have to be pro-gun control. The two appear to be inseparably linked. Sound reasonable?
Didn't used to be that way, bet things seem to be moving that way.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:49 AM

66,459 posts, read 33,773,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

The primary purpose of keeping and bearing arms is for self-defense against criminals and a tyrannical government. You tell me what would be sufficient to serve that purpose.

That would be incorrect, but only a by-product, to use the arm in self defense(as that is a natural right to defend ones self)

If you read the 2nd amendment, it is all about using our personal arms(not specific. What we choose as our personal liberty) on anyone, or any government including our very own we allowed to grow, that threatens a "Free State"
It is there to say, we will fight you and spill your blood, if you the government, that we are about to let happen, break this here constitution, as to what we the people will allow you the government do.

One only has to read the 2nd Amendment to see, it in it's text, no longer exists as it was written. It has in fact been infringed upon more than any other right. No matter what 9 guys in black robes want it to say, I can read and I can also read the statutory regulations that infringe on the text.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 AM

18,803 posts, read 9,617,882 times
Quote:

https://youtu.be/DuhKCiY-lu0

Old 07-28-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Which are easier to commit with those guns.
No so much, if everyone has the same gun....

Pick your battles wisely!
Soft targets are in style today.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 PM

Here's the deal, with the lip wristed snowflakes, that have taken the liberty upon themselves, choosing to disarm themselves of any weapons.

When they start running their mouths and there is a verbal confrontation of the truth, they don't want to die, for taking a swing at someone they didn't know was armed, with an easy access handgun to protect their words from a physical attack.

They want to be able to shut you up, when they want to shut you up, without resistance they cannot overcome.

I'll call you every name in the book and make you look like a complete fool.... The second you want to get physical about it, instead of countering with the most powerful weapon we all have, our minds, is the moment you die because of your lack of self control and inability to debate the truth. In this nation, it was set up under the laws of nature, where only the strong survived. Liberty is very scary now, isn't it.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is no such thing. The AR is a modern hunting rifle. It's the one I use primarily for med game animals.

They have not clue, that old bolt action rifles can still be used, the AR style rifle is a perfect platform to hunt longer and aim straighter. The 30 Mag capacity is not enough for some hog hunts I have been on.

They see themselves dying a quick painless death, for taking a swing at someone and getting physical, that told them something their frail ears could not stand hearing.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:22 PM
TKO

2,945 posts, read 3,099,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Some law enforcement agencies may have fully automatic weapons. I guess you stepped in that huh?
I'd love a machine gun. Got to shoot a fully auto uzi once and it was a blast. And legally I could own one if I follow the reasonable regulations that are involved.

Why did you think you got me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or