U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 12:49 PM

9,112 posts, read 5,671,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the closet.
In the gun safe
Under the bed
In the truck.

If the majority spent their weekends punching paper, there would need to be more shooting ranges around, than there are churches.

Sadly, you are correct. I am guilty, have one that has been in the safe for two years, never shot it. My other one has gotten some range time though. Don't know why I'm assembling two more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Seriously? How much assembly do you think it took Timothy McVeigh?
I have everything he had, in the barn and so many radio controlled electronics around, to detonate it on command.
Just don't pismeoff

Be careful, the left lack common sense and take things so literal. Just look at the calls for treason on Trumps tongue and cheek comment about the Russians.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Is it just me, or are conservatives really comfortable with lying? I'm not even trying to be mean here. I used to lean right, until I realized how much I was being lied to. No joke. It's pathological.

Maybe we should change the term gun control to people control. They seem to think we want to put guns in jail and sentence them to death.

What lying are you alluding to ? Just curious.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:56 PM

6,704 posts, read 4,174,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I own a fully functional Browning M2 .50 cal. MG. I like to rock and roll.
Wow. That would be cool. Do I even dare ask how much a day at the range costs?

What is it, anyway? A vintage piece? There any history behind it?

As for the OP.... I think that as a general statement, it's not too far off the mark, but not a universal truth by any means. Come to Kentucky, and I'll take you up into the hills. All my friends up there are registered as Democrats, but I want to be out of the line of fire when you ask them to turn in their firearms.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:05 PM

60,402 posts, read 30,672,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I'd love a machine gun. Got to shoot a fully auto uzi once and it was a blast. And legally I could own one if I follow the reasonable regulations that are involved.

Why did you think you got me?

You would get the giggles, with my Thompson trench broom(Tommy gun)

The BAR may be a little much, for a first timer.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:10 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,633,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Is it just me, or are conservatives really comfortable with lying? I'm not even trying to be mean here. I used to lean right, until I realized how much I was being lied to. No joke. It's pathological.

Maybe we should change the term gun control to people control. They seem to think we want to put guns in jail and sentence them to death.
The right to keep and bear arms for self defense passed in the Supreme court with a vote of 5-4.
Scalia is no more and many of the others are very old and likely have a limited shelf life. If elected Hillary will appoint liberal justices that could easily overturn the Heller Decision...... so yea, she has a vision of a gun free America at some time in the future.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Wow. That would be cool. Do I even dare ask how much a day at the range costs?

What is it, anyway? A vintage piece? There any history behind it?

As for the OP.... I think that as a general statement, it's not too far off the mark, but not a universal truth by any means. Come to Kentucky, and I'll take you up into the hills. All my friends up there are registered as Democrats, but I want to be out of the line of fire when you ask them to turn in their firearms.

From what I have come to gather from my hunting buddies, in a small town, there are more fully automatic small arms in the hands of the public(people), than the government thinks exist.

As our ancestors pass on to the other side, we tend to acquire their stuff.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The right to keep and bear arms for self defense passed in the Supreme court with a vote of 5-4.
According to the Constitution, that should have been a 9-0 vote in favor of upholding the 2nd amendment as written. The fact it had 4 votes to restrict rights not granted to us by government or the supreme court, is the scariest thing of all.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
According to the Constitution, that should have been a 9-0 vote in favor of upholding the 2nd amendment as written. The fact it had 4 votes to restrict rights not granted to us by government or the supreme court, is the scariest thing of all.

That it is. And if HRC get's elected this will be one of the many rights we will lose. To some, which seems like the majority of our country they just don't care. As long as they have hi speed internet, 4g , pokemon go, etc. they will just keep on keeping on like a heard of sheep.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:36 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,633,466 times
Quote:
It goes to show that we have justices that are not interested in protecting the constitution that they were sworn to uphold. We must keep others like them off the bench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or