Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 03:54 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,594,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoihdne View Post
It has always been that way but in 94 when the Clinton crime bill passed banning the way some guns looked and mags they lost a crap load of seats in the congress. It put the fear of god into the left for over 10 years. The hoards are back at the gates again forgetting the last spanking they got. Now that said I can not say if things have changed in the American way of thinking in that time also. I hope they spank the left. They are dangerous. Making gun control and stupid mantras like love trumps hate BS. Ya you hug it out with the Terrorists I will cover you with my AR.
I think they learned their lesson last time, and won't be trying the legislative approach again. They're going to do it through the Supreme Court. Hillary will appoint at least 3, possibly as many as 4 justices, and by the time she's broomed out of office the 2nd Amendment will be (if not dead) terminally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,511,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Putting guns in jail and sentencing them to death is what the Democrats have been doing.
Well, no, they haven't. Not even figuratively. So you can stop lying as well.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:01 PM

599 posts, read 399,373 times
I think most Democrats really just want to find a reasonable solution to combating firearm related violence though unfortunately a proposed ban on "assault rifles" to many myself included comes across as infringing on the Second Amendment. If the Democratic Party could stop trying to ban certain firearms because they may look scary then I believe we can actually have a civil discussion on how to start combating this problem.

I also must point out that even though I am a Republican the current Republican controlled Congress will not let any form of legislation that the NRA doesn't like pass which isn't right in my honest opinion as we have to do something that wouldn't infringe on the Second Amendment while strengthening current laws to prevent firearms from falling into the wrong hands.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:04 PM

9,131 posts, read 5,776,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I think most Democrats really just want to find a reasonable solution to combating firearm related violence though unfortunately a proposed ban on "assault rifles" to many myself included comes across as infringing on the Second Amendment. If the Democratic Party could stop trying to ban certain firearms because they may look scary then I believe we can actually have a civil discussion on how to start combating this problem.

I also must point out that even though I am a Republican the current Republican controlled Congress will not let any form of legislation that the NRA doesn't like pass which isn't right in my honest opinion as we have to do something that wouldn't infringe on the Second Amendment while strengthening current laws to prevent firearms from falling into the wrong hands.

Unfortunately, they never propose anything "reasonable."

Old 07-28-2016, 04:09 PM

29,103 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Unfortunately, they never propose anything "reasonable."
Exactly

Old 07-28-2016, 04:09 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,511,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
If the Democratic Party could stop trying to ban certain firearms because they may look scary then I believe we can actually have a civil discussion on how to start combating this problem.
That's how you start a civil discussion, by mocking why they want to ban those firearms? With. A. Lie?

Old 07-28-2016, 04:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,788,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
That's how you start a civil discussion, by mocking why they want to ban those firearms? With. A. Lie?
They are not trying to ban them because they are more dangerious because statistics show otherwise.

If democrats were worried about crime they wouldn't be softening sentencing requirements on criminals. A common sense solution would be to enforce strict sentencing guidelines against anyone who uses a gun in a crime. Democrats seem to think locking up criminals is racist for some reason.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:17 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,947,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Pro-gun control isn't anti-gun.

If anything, it's pro-gun. Only crazies think there should be no rules whatsoever when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. As with all Constitutional amendments, allowing something does not mean regulation isn't warranted. There are limits to free speech, there are limits to an armed citizenry.

For some reason, NRA nuts have been successful in convincing a small but fervent number of gun owners that gun control is somehow anti-gun. I don't get it. Gun owners have families too. Gun owners are members of society too. Why wouldn't they generally support gun regulation?
Yes, I am a gun owner, I also somewhat lean conservative. I have no issue jumping through a few hurdles to purchase a firearm. The NRA is a joke. Something similar to a drivers license would work for me.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:20 PM

29,103 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:
How is that mocking and how is that a lie ?
Many of the proposed bans have nothing to do with the functionality of the firearm, so they are basing their judgement on what makes it look like a military version.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/us...ated.html?_r=0

Obama Wants to Ban 'Assault Weapons' but Does Not Know What They Are - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Funny thing, this is far more powerful then the standard AR based sporting rifle
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...3%A9museum.jpg

Old 07-28-2016, 04:46 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,754,366 times
Quote:
Come on man. Look up what the definition is for "assault weapon". It's based on features, like your car having AC or a backup camera.

Hard to have a civil anything with people who think a forearm extension to hold on to makes it more powerful and faster rate of fire.

folding stock makes a gun deadlier --> LIE

pistol grip makes a gun deadlier --> LIE

forearm grip makes a gun deadlier --> LIE

a scope makes a gun deadlier --> LIE

an AR 15 is a military weapon --> LIE

an AR 15 is completely different than a semi auto long gun --> LIE

an AR 15 is more dangerous than a pump shotgun or handgun --> LIE

Gun show loop hole --> LIE

A back ground check keeps criminals from purchasing a gun in a gun store --> LIE

A 10 round mag is less dangerous than a 30 --> Yep a lie, proven

A database of registered weapons will keep people safe -- > OMFG LMAO are you kidding me

Truths:

80,000 FELONS attempt to purchase a weapon each year, we average 4 convictions

Stealing a weapon that can be a felony to own is a misdemeanor

We release criminals early to commit more crimes

The chance of you being involved with a mass shooting are less than 1% In fact it's 0.00000143%

A felon can be denied buying a gun through nics, turn around and buy all the parts to build the same gun, in an hour, from the same store

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 07-28-2016 at 05:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies