U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 06:43 AM

5,663 posts, read 4,888,168 times

Advertisements

Democrats tend to blame things, rather than take responsibility for them selves .Isn't that the real reason ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 06:44 AM

788 posts, read 343,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Nice sweeping generalization. I've been an owner and shooter since 1965.
Yes, it is a nice generalization, and one that hods true about 75% of the time, if not more, in my experience. I would note, however, that they have no problem wither owning guns themselves, because, of course, they are special and above the law.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:46 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,100,686 times
"Gun Control" these days appears to mean the strict regulation (or outright ban) of AR-15/AK rifles, high capacity magazines, and some other things. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, the Democratic Party is solidly behind these efforts. Heck, look Massachusetts and California.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:51 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,615,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Yes, it is a nice generalization, and one that hods true about 75% of the time, if not more, in my experience. I would note, however, that they have no problem wither owning guns themselves, because, of course, they are special and above the law.
I'm sure your experience is very comprehensive and your evaluation is without any taint of bias.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,615,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Democrats tend to blame things, rather than take responsibility for them selves .Isn't that the real reason ?
"And the GOP's slaves are irresponsible."

Hmmm, that sounds rather biased and just plain rude.

Sorry.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 AM

9,108 posts, read 5,618,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Pro-gun control isn't anti-gun.

If anything, it's pro-gun. Only crazies think there should be no rules whatsoever when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. As with all Constitutional amendments, allowing something does not mean regulation isn't warranted. There are limits to free speech, there are limits to an armed citizenry.

For some reason, NRA nuts have been successful in convincing a small but fervent number of gun owners that gun control is somehow anti-gun. I don't get it. Gun owners have families too. Gun owners are members of society too. Why wouldn't they generally support gun regulation?
Because criminals don't obey laws. Consequently, gun control only restricts, inhibits, and increases the costs of gun ownership for law abiding citizens.

Why is this so hard for you liberals to grasp?

Secondly, the rest of us recognize that YOUR IDEA of common sense gun regulation doesn't mesh with the more radical views of your democrat criminals in charge, who have openly called for the elimination of gun ownership, citing places such as the UK and Australia as their ideal models.

Now, there are only one of two possibilities here ... either you are part of the stealth gun ban crowd that understands that your ultimate goal can only be achieved in small incremental steps, or you are a member of the idiot club that isn't paying attention when your democrat/progressives openly discuss that goal.

Which is it?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 AM

39,502 posts, read 40,831,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
here are limits to free speech, there are limits to an armed citizenry.
For example I can't shout fire in a theater or go out in the middle of the street and start firing a gun. As far as what the citizen can possess if the police can justify having it so can I.

Quote:
Why wouldn't they generally support gun regulation?
We already have a ridiculous amount of laws and I'm very reluctant to support anymore because when you give an inch they take a mile. Here in PA they passed background checks, it's instant and there is a small fee. Really not a big deal but one of the provisions in that law is it could not be used to build a gun registry, it would not have passed otherwise. The State Police did just that successfully arguing in court it didn't include all guns so it wasn't a registry. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...

Regarding recent laws the Republican amendment put forth in the Senate after Orlando would have barred anyone on the no fly list or removed from it in the last 5 years from obtaining a gun for 72 hours, permanently with a court order. It would have passed with a few votes from Democrats.

Does this sound reasonable? The Democrats complained it set the bar too high but if we are going to be stripping someone of their rights shouldn't the bar be set high?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:57 AM

10,213 posts, read 6,288,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Democrat here. I have a mini-14, .357 Mag revolver and two shotguns.

I support common sense gun regulations and do not support the NRA (or manufacturers to be more specific).

So , would you be okay with a country wide change to the 2A like what just happened in MA ? The AG there rewrote their current restrictions to include firearms that "mimic" those that are on that states ban list. By doing that , it included all semi auto long guns, your mini 14 included. Would you consider that a "common sense" restriction ? I am just curious.
I can understand your disdain for the NRA , but the manufacturers ? What gives ?

I have yet to see any "common sense" approach from the left , other than background checks for all firearms purchases, which in many states already happens. I also think any transfer of a firearm thru a secondary person to person sale should go thru an FFL. This already happens in MI, on handguns (unless both are already CPL holders) but long guns should be included as well.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:59 AM

10,213 posts, read 6,288,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Because criminals don't obey laws. Consequently, gun control only restricts, inhibits, and increases the costs of gun ownership for law abiding citizens.

Secondly, the rest of us recognize that YOUR IDEA of common sense gun regulation doesn't mesh with the more radical views of your democrat criminals in charge, who have openly called for the elimination of gun ownership, citing places such as the UK and Australia as their ideal models.

Now, there are only one of two possibilities here ... either you are part of the stealth gun ban crowd that understands that your ultimate goal can only be achieved in small incremental steps, or you are a member of the idiot club that isn't paying attention when your democrat/progressives openly discuss that goal.

Which is it?

Classic !!!

Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,262,937 times
Quote:
That makes no sense, unless you are against all laws.
Quote:
I'm far from a liberal, and we all grasp what you're saying, it just makes zero sense.

You can't have a civilized society and no laws whatsoever. That's exactly what you're advocating.

If someone rapes and murders a loved one, you are saying there should be no law prosecuting the criminal, because why have laws, criminals don't obey them in the first place, so what's the point?
Quote:
This is just stupid and unintelligible. Not worth wasting time with a response.
Quote:
This is an absurd fantasy concocted by the NRA, and only believed by the absolute most gullible among us.

I have never heard of someone who wants a "stealth gun ban." It's a completely insane claim. There is not one politician out there who wants a gun ban. It's an outright lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or