Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 07:12 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,179,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I believe the next POTUS made the point last night. Dems. do not want to take away your gun, they want to keep them out of the hands who wish to hurt others.
Her exact words from last night:

"I'm not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'm not here to take away your guns."

What she really meant: "I'm not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment (completely). I'm not here to take away (every single one of) your guns, (just the ones that I don't like)."

Hillary Clinton supports the idea of an Australian-style gun confiscation scheme. Note that in the video she calls it a "buyback" instead of the mandatory confiscation (with threats of jail for noncompliance) that it actually was and she also repeats the oft-told lie about the firearms being automatic. Hillary Clinton lies through her teeth every time she talks about guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvcWePEsg94
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:46 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,475,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
Ima Democrat and I have plenty of guns. I think the Supreme Court already hashed this out?

Republican Fear Mongering all over again. Its worse than chicken little runnin around "the sky iz a fallerin lordy hep us!"
HRC's exact words:

"I'm not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'm not here to take away your guns."

Translation: I won't repeal the 2nd Amendment. I won't take away your guns. Here are some common sense regulations I'd like to implement. These are common sense gun laws and I am sure everybody would agree:

1. Go through a background check equivalent of top secret security clearance
2. Wait 90 days
3. Get approval from your local politicians
4. Have a valid reason determined by your local politicians
5. Pass a 20 hours course and an shooting test equivalent to a SWAT team test
6. Be part of a government approved gun club and maintain the membership
7. Register all your guns and pay a registration fee
8. Get a gun purchase license, gun transport license, gun storage license, ammunition license, magazine license, scope license, sight license etc...
9. Agree to allow federal and local LEO to inspect your home anytime unannounced
10. Have a registered GPS tracker on each of your firearm
11. Only purchase guns from a government approved gun list which only includes and limited to single shot muskets smaller than .22 caliber and airsoft.
12. Maintain an adequate insurance enough to cover a murder trial, say $500,000
13. Pay $200 tax for each gun you inherit or attempt to pass on to your heir, provided your heir has all the appropriate licenses.
14. Account for each ammunition you purchase as each bullet will be serialized and micro-stamped.
15. Store all your guns in government approved safes
16. Be liable for civil and criminal lawsuits if someone steals your gun and you don't report in 2 hours.
17. Render all your "magazine clips" to only accept one ammunition at a time by a government approved gunsmith. Anybody in possession of any magazine with capacity over 1 would be sentenced to 20 years without parole.
18. Limit to purchase 1 firearm each year
19. Limit to purchase 5 ammunition each month
20. Only keep 1 firearm per family member, if they have appropriate license, at home and all other firearms must be kept at the gun club or police station
21. All guns, existing or new, must be painted in pink by the manufacturer

There, the 2A is intact and you have your guns - I didn't even ban assault rifles, I mean assault weapon, I mean assault... You get my point.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:59 AM

28,982 posts, read 14,324,972 times
This is directed to the anti rifle contingent. Here are some facts about the those evil rifles.

Myth: Assault weapons are a serious problem in the U.S.

Fact: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven (11) times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.”
Fact: In the first 7 years since the ban was lifted, murders declined 43%, violent crime 43%, rapes 27% and robberies 49%.
Fact: Nationally, “assault weapons” were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25% of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state “assault weapons” ban. In many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) and some entire states (Maryland, New Jersey, etc.) the rate is less than 0.1%.
Fact: Even weapons misclassified as “assault weapons” (common in the former Federal and California “assault weapons” confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides.
Fact: Police reports show that “assault weapons” are a non-problem.
Myth: Assault weapons are used in mass public shootings

Fact: A decade long study, covering 84 mass public shootings, found that pistols were used 60% of the time. Rifles were used 27%. But that is all types of rifles, and so-called “assault weapons” (such as the AR-15 or civilian versions of the AK-47) are a subset of these.
Myth: The 1994 (former) Federal Assault Weapons Ban was effective

Fact: Murder rates were 19.3% higher when the Federal assault weapons ban was in force.
Fact: ” … we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence.”
Fact: The ban covered only 1.39% of the models of firearms on the market, so the ban’s effectiveness is automatically limited.
Fact: “The ban has failed to reduce the average number of victims per gun murder incident or multiple gunshot wound victims.”
Fact: “The public safety benefits of the 1994 ban have not yet been demonstrated.”
Fact: “The ban triggered speculative price increases and ramped-up production of the banned firearms … prior to the law’s implementation,” and thus increased the total supply over the following decade.
Fact: The Brady Campaign claims that “After the 1994 ban, there were 18% fewer ‘assault weapons’ traced to crime in the first eight months of 1995 than were traced in the same period in 1994.” However they failed to note (and these are mentioned in the NIJ study) that:
  1. “Assault weapons” traces were minimal before the ban (due to their infrequent use in crimes), so an 18% change enters the realm of statistical irrelevancy.
  1. Fewer “assault weapons” were available to criminals because collectors bought-up the available supply before the ban.
Myth: Easy access to guns creates an incentive for mass public shootings

Fact: At least 61% of mass public shooters showed signs of mental instability in the days, weeks or months before their massacres. The rate might be higher because privacy laws prevent fully exploring the mental health history of some killers. Mental health is the determinant variable.

Myth: America has the highest rate of mass shootings in developed countries

Fact: On a per population basis, the United States ranks fourth behind three European countries or eighth when a broader set of non-conflict countries are examined.

Myth: More people are dying in mass public shootings

Fact: Though the raw number of mass public shootings has risen slightly over three decades, the number of people killed has fallen as a function of the population.
Fact: Mass public shooting deaths make up fewer than 1% of all gun homicides, making them a small part of the problem.

This is why we Pro 2A "nuts" as many of you have put it have dug our heels in the sand on this. I am far more afraid of someone with two Glock G26's in a cross draw shoulder harness concealed under a sports jacket , carrying a backpack full (20-30?) of 33 round magazines. That is a FAR more dangerous individual than someone with a semi auto rifle.
The fact that the politicians are still aiming to restrict something that is used so little is highly suspect. I guess only to those that care though.

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control...sault-weapons/

Mass Shootings | Facts About Mass Public Shootings | Gun Control

Old 07-29-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This is directed to the anti rifle contingent. Here are some facts about the those evil rifles.

Myth: Assault weapons are a serious problem in the U.S.

Fact: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven (11) times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.”
Fact: In the first 7 years since the ban was lifted, murders declined 43%, violent crime 43%, rapes 27% and robberies 49%.
Fact: Nationally, “assault weapons” were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25% of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state “assault weapons” ban. In many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) and some entire states (Maryland, New Jersey, etc.) the rate is less than 0.1%.
Fact: Even weapons misclassified as “assault weapons” (common in the former Federal and California “assault weapons” confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides.
Fact: Police reports show that “assault weapons” are a non-problem.
Myth: Assault weapons are used in mass public shootings

Fact: A decade long study, covering 84 mass public shootings, found that pistols were used 60% of the time. Rifles were used 27%. But that is all types of rifles, and so-called “assault weapons” (such as the AR-15 or civilian versions of the AK-47) are a subset of these.
Myth: The 1994 (former) Federal Assault Weapons Ban was effective

Fact: Murder rates were 19.3% higher when the Federal assault weapons ban was in force.
Fact: ” … we cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence.”
Fact: The ban covered only 1.39% of the models of firearms on the market, so the ban’s effectiveness is automatically limited.
Fact: “The ban has failed to reduce the average number of victims per gun murder incident or multiple gunshot wound victims.”
Fact: “The public safety benefits of the 1994 ban have not yet been demonstrated.”
Fact: “The ban triggered speculative price increases and ramped-up production of the banned firearms … prior to the law’s implementation,” and thus increased the total supply over the following decade.
Fact: The Brady Campaign claims that “After the 1994 ban, there were 18% fewer ‘assault weapons’ traced to crime in the first eight months of 1995 than were traced in the same period in 1994.” However they failed to note (and these are mentioned in the NIJ study) that:
  1. “Assault weapons” traces were minimal before the ban (due to their infrequent use in crimes), so an 18% change enters the realm of statistical irrelevancy.
  1. Fewer “assault weapons” were available to criminals because collectors bought-up the available supply before the ban.
Myth: Easy access to guns creates an incentive for mass public shootings

Fact: At least 61% of mass public shooters showed signs of mental instability in the days, weeks or months before their massacres. The rate might be higher because privacy laws prevent fully exploring the mental health history of some killers. Mental health is the determinant variable.

Myth: America has the highest rate of mass shootings in developed countries

Fact: On a per population basis, the United States ranks fourth behind three European countries or eighth when a broader set of non-conflict countries are examined.

Myth: More people are dying in mass public shootings

Fact: Though the raw number of mass public shootings has risen slightly over three decades, the number of people killed has fallen as a function of the population.
Fact: Mass public shooting deaths make up fewer than 1% of all gun homicides, making them a small part of the problem.

This is why we Pro 2A "nuts" as many of you have put it have dug our heels in the sand on this. I am far more afraid of someone with two Glock G26's in a cross draw shoulder harness concealed under a sports jacket , carrying a backpack full (20-30?) of 33 round magazines. That is a FAR more dangerous individual than someone with a semi auto rifle.
The fact that the politicians are still aiming to restrict something that is used so little is highly suspect. I guess only to those that care though.

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control...sault-weapons/

Mass Shootings | Facts About Mass Public Shootings | Gun Control
Lies. All damn lies from the right wing nut jobs. I won't and can't provide any rebuttal but every fool knows they are lies and just right wing rhetoric. Nothing new.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
HRC's exact words:

Translation: I won't repeal the 2nd Amendment. I won't take away your guns. Here are some common sense regulations I'd like to implement. These are common sense gun laws and I am sure everybody would agree:

2. Wait 90 days
8. Get a gun purchase license, gun transport license, gun storage license, ammunition license, magazine license, scope license, sight license etc...
9. Agree to allow federal and local LEO to inspect your home anytime unannounced
11. Only purchase guns from a government approved gun list which only includes and limited to single shot muskets smaller than .22 caliber and airsoft.
13. Pay $200 tax for each gun you inherit or attempt to pass on to your heir, provided your heir has all the appropriate licenses.
14. Account for each ammunition you purchase as each bullet will be serialized and micro-stamped.
16. Be liable for civil and criminal lawsuits if someone steals your gun and you don't report in 2 hours.
17. Render all your "magazine clips" to only accept one ammunition at a time by a government approved gunsmith. Anybody in possession of any magazine with capacity over 1 would be sentenced to 20 years without parole.
20. Only keep 1 firearm per family member, if they have appropriate license, at home and all other firearms must be kept at the gun club or police station

There, the 2A is intact and you have your guns - I didn't even ban assault rifles, I mean assault weapon, I mean assault... You get my point.

And how will this stop the violence in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis , etc ? Please explain.

Remember , there are roughly 300 million firearms in circulation in the U.S.

Oh, and how to I practice and perform a "SWAT" team test (whatever that is) when I can only purchase 5 rounds a month ? Okay, so I duct tape two or three "magazine clips" together, now I have three rounds at my disposal. Do we ban duct tape ?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And how will this stop the violence in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis , etc ? Please explain.

Remember , there are roughly 300 million firearms in circulation in the U.S.

Oh, and how to I practice and perform a "SWAT" team test (whatever that is) when I can only purchase 5 rounds a month ? Okay, so I duct tape two or three "magazine clips" together, now I have three rounds at my disposal. Do we ban duct tape ?
Nobody said it's about solving any problems, my friend.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Lies. All damn lies from the right wing nut jobs. I won't and can't provide any rebuttal but every fool knows they are lies and just right wing rhetoric. Nothing new.

Oh, man...I'm laughing so hard right now. Those so called "lies" you are speaking about are from the FBI and CDC websites. Check the links I provided. So now , you are saying the Government is spewing right wing rhetoric ? I thought that was the NRA's job ?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Nobody said it's about solving any problems, my friend.

So it is about banning firearms. If it isn't about stopping violence , then it is about the elimination of our 2A rights, what else is there.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:19 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,662,893 times
Quote:
HRC's exact words:

2. Wait 90 days

That is some pretty funny stuff.
But really, here's the thing gun owners have to be a part of the conversation to figure out how to make things safer for the average citizen.

And, BTW, a majority of Democrats are also gun owners. We do not want an out and out ban on guns. That is NRA BS. We want sensible gun laws that will keep children from shooting each other, and prevent domestic disputes from leading to dead parents, and dead children. We want responsible gun owners who are trained and capable of being useful when needed.
Y'all don't realize that democrats have guns, because we Democrats don't parade about exposing our guns to the general public.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,038,435 times
Yes. Democrat = anti gun.

Don't post, "I am a Democrat and I love guns". You are the minority in your party, you know that. There are Republicans who are anti-gun, they are the minority of that party.

Don't post, "I am a Democrat and I believe in the 2nd amendment". The 2nd amendment is NOT about hunting or sport shooting. It is about shooting a ________ government. Fill in the blank, oh you can't because you are too scared to be on some domestic terrorist list.

Don't post, "Obama hasn't pass any big anti-gun legislation." Yeah because it is up to the Senate to pass legislation. He has made statements that clearly point out his opinion on rifles such as the AK47s and AR15s.

Let us use this forum to debate one another, but lets not be ridiculous, Democrat = anti-gun. That is how it has been for I believe 20, maybe more years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies