U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 AM

35,181 posts, read 32,145,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
HRC's exact words:

"I'm not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I'm not here to take away your guns."

Translation: I won't repeal the 2nd Amendment. I won't take away your guns. Here are some common sense regulations I'd like to implement. These are common sense gun laws and I am sure everybody would agree:

1. Go through a background check equivalent of top secret security clearance
2. Wait 90 days
3. Get approval from your local politicians
4. Have a valid reason determined by your local politicians
5. Pass a 20 hours course and an shooting test equivalent to a SWAT team test
6. Be part of a government approved gun club and maintain the membership
7. Register all your guns and pay a registration fee
8. Get a gun purchase license, gun transport license, gun storage license, ammunition license, magazine license, scope license, sight license etc...
9. Agree to allow federal and local LEO to inspect your home anytime unannounced
10. Have a registered GPS tracker on each of your firearm
11. Only purchase guns from a government approved gun list which only includes and limited to single shot muskets smaller than .22 caliber and airsoft.
12. Maintain an adequate insurance enough to cover a murder trial, say $500,000
13. Pay $200 tax for each gun you inherit or attempt to pass on to your heir, provided your heir has all the appropriate licenses.
14. Account for each ammunition you purchase as each bullet will be serialized and micro-stamped.
15. Store all your guns in government approved safes
16. Be liable for civil and criminal lawsuits if someone steals your gun and you don't report in 2 hours.
17. Render all your "magazine clips" to only accept one ammunition at a time by a government approved gunsmith. Anybody in possession of any magazine with capacity over 1 would be sentenced to 20 years without parole.
18. Limit to purchase 1 firearm each year
19. Limit to purchase 5 ammunition each month
20. Only keep 1 firearm per family member, if they have appropriate license, at home and all other firearms must be kept at the gun club or police station
21. All guns, existing or new, must be painted in pink by the manufacturer

There, the 2A is intact and you have your guns - I didn't even ban assault rifles, I mean assault weapon, I mean assault... You get my point.
banning hunting while you're at it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 AM

35,181 posts, read 32,145,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
You'll be paying for your own "buyback". Sounds like a lose-lose-lose-lose situation with the only "win" being by the ruling masters in DC.
Who doesn't have an extra 200 billion lying around

Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 AM

5,144 posts, read 2,761,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
From watching the political landscape over the last few years, it seems to me that if you identify yourself as a Democrat then you pretty much have to be pro-gun control. The two appear to be inseparably linked. Sound reasonable?
Completely true. You may be Pro-2A but if you vote leftist/democrat, you are part of the problem in the infringement of 2A.

You can say, "Oh, I own guns and support 2A and vote democrat" and that's fine. But every single infringement of 2A in the U.S for the past 25 years has been, especially in states like California or NY, have been proposed and pushed forward by the Democrat party.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:26 AM
TKO

2,949 posts, read 3,099,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
A hypothetical gun registry would keep track of good people with no criminal record who are not a threat to society.
Just like registration for car owners. The criminals are the people who AREN'T on the list.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:30 AM

788 posts, read 342,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who doesn't have an extra 200 billion lying around
Not me - scarcely $2M

Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM

31,021 posts, read 13,578,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yet Democrats commit 90% of the gun crimes. Go figure.
You know better than that why would you post nonsense like that?

Are the 'overwhelming majority of violent criminals' Democrats? Ted Cruz said so | PolitiFact

GOP House Candidate Claims 99 Percent of Mass Shooters are Democrats

Old 07-29-2016, 10:55 AM

Your link says Ted Cruz statement is actually based on "some fact" but the sample size of the report cited was too small (which is true).

But the facts are still eye opening:

Quote:
New York, about one-third of felons released from prison registered to vote after their release. Of those, about 62 percent registered as Democrats and 9 percent registered as Republicans, with 26 percent registering as independents or with other parties.

In North Carolina, about a quarter of those who were released registered after their release. Of those, 52 percent registered as Democrats, 19 percent as Republicans and 22 percent as independents or with other parties.

And in New Mexico, 41 percent of those who were released registered to vote. Of those, 55 percent registered as Democrats, 10 percent as Republicans and 18 percent as independents or with other parties.
So for New York, North Carolina, New Mexico, Democrats made up the majority of the felon population.

I'd be willing to bet $1,000 right now that California, Florida, Oregon, and Washington all follow that same trend. When you add New York to that equation which we know is full of democrat felons, that's nearly half the population of the country cumulatively.

So thanks for helping to prove his point.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:56 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,564,600 times
I'm a 34 year old tree-hugging, liberal democrat. I own 5 guns.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So what do you think about the leftist slowly eroding 2A? How do you reconcile that in your mind?

Old 07-29-2016, 11:06 AM

10,154 posts, read 6,270,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Awesome, how will you feel if your party tells you what type , and how many you get to keep ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or