U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:10 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,013,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't remember anything about eliminating 2A. What did I miss?
You didn't missing anything the Hillary is proposing the abandonment of the 2nd amendment is a fiction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ond-amendment/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 03:11 PM

5,145 posts, read 2,763,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't remember anything about eliminating 2A. What did I miss?
It's the #1 play for all statist (Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hillary, etc). Do you even understand how Freedom works?

Eliminate means of resistance from the peasant population, implement overwhelming oppression, then loot the system of every last nickel and dime that isn't nailed down to the floor.

Once the roads are reduced to ruin from earthquakes and unemployment runs to 92 percent, people will have no choice but CANNIBAL ANARCHY and the state economy will be, by leftist definition, perfect.

No one will have to worry about costs of anything or the ridiculous ruse of maintaining state services that are unsustainably funded by taxpayers because everything will be irreparably destroyed beyond recognition.

Life will be simple and FREE! Every democrat will stagger to their feet in the morning, pick up a pointed stick and attempt to eviscerate their neighbor for the minuscule chance of receiving 2 slices of white bread rations from the state controlled grocery distribution center.

This is the promise and glory of FREEDOM!

Old 07-29-2016, 03:13 PM

9,048 posts, read 14,320,839 times
As for Australia, an 80% decrease in suicide with a similar effect on homicide, but the info is less precise. It became illegal to own certain long guns. Not all guns. They attribute the effects to a combination of removal and strengthening of the law and its enforcement.

http://andrewleigh.org/pdf/GunBuyback_Panel.pdf

Old 07-29-2016, 03:14 PM

31,048 posts, read 13,584,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nature law of self preservation has been around since the beginning of time. Murder has always meant revenge and theft has always ended in conflict. That is natural law.
With the law against murder, that means murder never happens? One day you will understand what liberty actually is. What was wrong? Felons register to vote every day. The mechanism to make sure they don't cast a vote isn't there in any system, not without voter ID and the magnetic bar they swipe and pops up all the info
Not quite sure what all of that means or why you posted it...my point was that you pass legislation even though you know it will not prevent the commission of a crime

Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
It's the #1 play for all statist (Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hillary, etc). Do you even understand how Freedom works?

Eliminate means of resistance from the peasant population, implement overwhelming oppression, then loot the system of every last nickel and dime that isn't nailed down to the floor.

Once the roads are reduced to ruin from earthquakes and unemployment runs to 92 percent, people will have no choice but CANNIBAL ANARCHY and the state economy will be, by leftist definition, perfect.

No one will have to worry about costs of anything or the ridiculous ruse of maintaining state services that are unsustainably funded by taxpayers because everything will be irreparably destroyed beyond recognition.

Life will be simple and FREE! Every democrat will stagger to their feet in the morning, pick up a pointed stick and attempt to eviscerate their neighbor for the minuscule chance of receiving 2 slices of white bread rations from the state controlled grocery distribution center.

This is the promise and glory of FREEDOM!
Dude.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What use is a law if it's not enforced? Where is the common sense.
huh? The law requiring a background check is enforced, certainly some people circumvent it, but that does not mean the law is not working as intended.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You didn't missing anything the Hillary is proposing the abandonment of the 2nd amendment is a fiction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ond-amendment/
Yeah, I knew that.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:14 PM

5,145 posts, read 2,763,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
that is NOT how statistics work.
Uh yes it is. You claim to be a union worker grunt, how much statistical modeling did you have to do? That's what I thought.

Based on your basic (u)Probability model, those stats indicate the following:
  • What is the party affiliation for the majority of felons who did not register to vote?
    Probably democrat based on finite population sampling model.
  • How many of these felons who registered to vote were convicted of gun crimes?
    Doesn't matter, sampling would still indicate higher for democrats.
  • How many gun crimes were committed by people with a prior criminal history?
    Not a point made by me.
  • What is the party affiliation of gun crime perpetrators who have no prior criminal history?
    Not a point made by me.

Glad I could help here, if you need more assistance with this just let me know

Old 07-29-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Uh yes it is. You claim to be a union worker grunt, how much statistical modeling did you have to do? That's what I thought.
Based on your basic (u)Probability model, those stats indicate the following:
  • What is the party affiliation for the majority of felons who did not register to vote?
    Probably democrat based on finite population sampling model.
  • How many of these felons who registered to vote were convicted of gun crimes?
    Doesn't matter, sampling would still indicate higher for democrats.
  • How many gun crimes were committed by people with a prior criminal history?
    Not a point made by me.
  • What is the party affiliation of gun crime perpetrators who have no prior criminal history?
    Not a point made by me.
Glad I could help here, if you need more assistance with this just let me know
OMG, is that the best response you could come up with? Accusing me of being a union worker grunt? That is sad.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:49 PM

66,498 posts, read 33,783,099 times
Originally Posted by BentBow
Nature law of self preservation has been around since the beginning of time. Murder has always meant revenge and theft has always ended in conflict. That is natural law.
With the law against murder, that means murder never happens? One day you will understand what liberty actually is. What was wrong? Felons register to vote every day. The mechanism to make sure they don't cast a vote isn't there in any system, not without voter ID and the magnetic bar they swipe and pops up all the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not quite sure what all of that means or why you posted it...my point was that you pass legislation even though you know it will not prevent the commission of a crime

Isn't that what I have been saying..... "The feel good law"

If I want to kill you, what is going to stop me? The police? LOL!
It is not like evil announces itself to warn the world, before it strikes

Last edited by BentBow; 07-29-2016 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or