U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 10:49 AM

26,352 posts, read 24,507,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I suspect the doctors with their years of training and education, and who have treated him at a mental hospital for the past 35 years know a bit better than you.

But then again, maybe I'm just uneducated.
well I certainly hope your not...(just saying)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 10:50 AM

12,023 posts, read 16,761,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Serbia...
Nope. His grandparents were from Poland and he was born in Detroit. American through and through.

You are thinking of the most important assassination in history: the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

"Dumbdown Democrats" indeed.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Nope. His grandparents were from Poland and he was born in Detroit. American through and through.

You are thinking of the most important assassination in history: the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

"Dumbdown Democrats" indeed.
hey, my foster grand-father (the family that raised me) was from Austria....

Old 07-28-2016, 10:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 7,327,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
first off, no one is throwing anything at high school students, I was referring to college students, and how little they know, b/c of our inept teaching skills today, and that isn't any reflection on teachers, b/c I know they must follow school policy.

And yes, our college students come out of college and don't know much about American History...

Early American History could be a thing of the past

Cursive is becoming a thing of the past....

and 3rd, I'm reflecting this also on our judicial system....

Just recently they were actually reviewing Leslie Van Houten for parole...what is wrong with our systems, this country?

I believe it is a lack of education and a over abundance of pity...for criminals.

Oh, woe is me! The US educational system is deficient because students are no longer expected to be able to recite largely useless historical trivia on command, learn Spanish instead of Latin, and how to write in cursive, which we all know is such an in-demand skill that there's pages of want-ads in the local newspapers beginning with "CURSIVE WRITERS NEEDED ..."

Old 07-28-2016, 10:59 AM

16,093 posts, read 17,888,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
she couldn't even follow policy

the Democratic candidate for president use an illegal non secure server to do her emails for her job….. JOB capitalized…. using and knowingly using a unsecured server(against policy) which did get hacked by somebody (the Liberals are saying the Russians) so trumpster goes and jokes about maybe the Russians can find the 30,000 emails that she deleted illegally
It was NOT Hillary's server that was hacked, but the DNC's server and the emails from the party officials who wanted to favor Hillary over Bernie. At least get your facts straight. Hillary's emails were NOT hacked though that was attempted by China, Russia and even Germany.

Note: It's unclear whether Clinton's emails would have been more protected in the State Department's systems. Those systems are high-profile targets for foreign intelligence services and have been repeatedly breached in recent years by intruders believed to be from Russia. Clinton's private email set-up, first created for her husband President Bill Clinton after he left office, was less well known and may have been a less obvious target.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/us...king.html?_r=0

Old 07-28-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Because mommy is 90 years old and he has to take care of her...
He could be dying himself...
Or they found the right ...er I mean left leaning doctor to release him...
People who are sentenced as criminally insane generally have more than one psychiatrist agree that they are no longer dangerous, but don't your own ignorance of the process stop you from ranting.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:02 AM

17,086 posts, read 9,861,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Oh, woe is me! The US educational system is deficient because students are no longer expected to be able to recite largely useless historical trivia on command, learn Spanish instead of Latin, and how to write in cursive, which we all know is such an in-demand skill that there's pages of want-ads in the local newspapers beginning with "CURSIVE WRITERS NEEDED ..."
Definitely not today, although as a bit of personal trivia, my grandmother attended a business college in the early '40s in which handwriting was a major part of the curriculum. She landed a job at the hospital as an assistant to the adminstrator, largely because her handwriting was exquisite. She worked her way up to head of HR. I still have every birthday card she ever sent me, and even into her nineties, she wrote perfect Palmer method script.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
recite trivia on command? I believe your taking it to a whole other level of "Exaggeration" just for arguments sake, but that's typical...isn't it...and learn Spanish, instead of Latin...huh...so, you no longer have a choice...and writing cursive...hmmmm, wonder who is going to sign their mortgage papers, or their marriage papers, or whatever....let alone, that job "cursive writers needed". Gosh...

Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 AM

51,917 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm wondering if our college grads actually know who John Hinckley is?

And I'm wondering why he has been released....?

Talk about what is wrong with this country? Pathetic...to set someone like this, scum who tried to murder one of our Presidents, and to turn him lose...pathetic...they ought to put the people in prison who decided to turn this animal lose...they are what is wrong with this country.

Our judicial system stinks....
The guy wasn't scum. He was psychologically insane.

I've known a few people either directly or through friends that developed a mental problem through chemical imbalance through no fault of their own. In comparison another person I knew beat someone to death with a hammer and they were in their right mind, just stealing and killing.

No offense but being educated one would expect people to discern the difference between someone like Owald and someone like Hinkley.

P.S. Hinkley has been under VERY relaxed supervision for years and years.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
It was NOT Hillary's server that was hacked, but the DNC's server and the emails from the party officials who wanted to favor Hillary over Bernie. At least get your facts straight. Hillary's emails were NOT hacked though that was attempted by China, Russia and even Germany.

Note: It's unclear whether Clinton's emails would have been more protected in the State Department's systems. Those systems are high-profile targets for foreign intelligence services and have been repeatedly breached in recent years by intruders believed to be from Russia. Clinton's private email set-up, first created for her husband President Bill Clinton after he left office, was less well known and may have been a less obvious target.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/us...king.html?_r=0
We can't let facts deter the Righties from their ranting about "lib'ruls" being "uneducatied"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or