U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 AM

79,351 posts, read 33,653,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
These are policies. You can't argue logic with policies.

Like I said about the department I was with, even if my son got arrested for a traffic offense, I could not post bond. To do so would get me terminated right away.
Right away? It's being said that is not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 10:31 PM

8,108 posts, read 2,421,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This could get sticky real fast since a group in Brazil with some Black members also fly the Rebel flag at 2:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93o3kItF-E

It's def a part of their culture.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:24 AM

5,157 posts, read 2,609,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right away? It's being said that is not possible.
Well, if you mean the childish way of interpreting right away, then yes you are right that I would not have gotten fired at the very second I posted bond. In reality, the department would have filed charges including but not limited to unbecoming an officer and gross policy violation. Then it would have gone to the committee and blah blah. But the end result would have been my termination.

Any other childish nitpick you want to point out?

Old 07-30-2016, 02:33 AM

8,108 posts, read 2,421,644 times
Quote:
Each department has its own policies. I suspect very much she did not get fired because of the flag but because she lied by claiming she didn't know the flag had been adopted by hate groups.

Now, it is also entirely possible that she was a sacrificial lamb to prevent controversy on a larger scale.
I think it's likely the internal investigation revealed her explanations were not plausible, in other words, they didn't believe her. The Police Department also seemed to be reaching out to local Religious organizations to improve relations, she seemed to be oblivious or indifferent to those efforts as well as to all of the other discrepancies in her explanations.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:13 AM

79,351 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Quote:
Well, if you mean the childish way of interpreting right away, then yes you are right that I would not have gotten fired at the very second I posted bond. In reality, the department would have filed charges including but not limited to unbecoming an officer and gross policy violation. Then it would have gone to the committee and blah blah. But the end result would have been my termination.

Any other childish nitpick you want to point out?
I wasn't picking on you. I was trying to get clarification. Right away are words people use, not just the childish. We may learn the meaning of right away as a child but we use that meaning for the rest of our lives.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:29 AM

12,046 posts, read 5,720,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I would of fired her too, just because she was stupid enough to park her patrol car in sight of the flag, if she wanted to fly the flag in the back yard, no problem
She had been on Medical leave because of the recent death of her husband. It was immediately proven that there was no squad car in the driveway - it was in the police garage for radio upgrade.

The email complaint began with that little 'white' lie. There was a driveway, a car could be parked in a driveway -- therefore let's just say the car WAS parked in the driveway -- even though it wasn't.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:39 AM

35,283 posts, read 19,313,440 times
Lightbulb Georgia Police Officer fired over confederate flag at her home

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:47 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,169,177 times
The "liberal" brownshirts have taken over the country...

Old 07-30-2016, 07:48 AM

12,046 posts, read 5,720,595 times
Quote:
These are policies. You can't argue logic with policies.

Like I said about the department I was with, even if my son got arrested for a traffic offense, I could not post bond. To do so would get me terminated right away.
I'm assuming that the "post bond" issue was clearly spelled out in a manual of some sort - what if it had not been and then you were fired for something you did not know about?

Clear Policy is one thing - being fired for something that was NOT clear policy just because a drive-by goes to his Pastor to complain is quite another. This is just another Black attack on Police - I guess it's better than shooting them. She is a recent widow with a 20 year career and a load of commendations - she needs to look at the glass half-full. She is still alive.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:25 AM

8,128 posts, read 2,786,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Only when I have to be. If you don't call me a racial slur (and you would never dare) you won't get hurt...
See that's the thing.....

You don't have to hit someone because they call you a racial slur.

You just want to.

And that makes you an individual prone to violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or