Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 11:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The question is, why should my rights cease to exist, just because someone, somewhere thinks I might have some hidden ulterior motive or meaning behind my actions?
You still have your rights. You can fly it all day. There is no inherent right to a particular job though. It does not exist. A defendant does have the right to a fair justice system though and this does interject doubt. It does NOT prove a bias but it creates a doubt and in that case the courts must side with a defendant.

She can no longer do her job as anytime she is in court there is the doubt raised as to her motives.

Quote:
If a person feeling offended, bothered, or uncomfortable, is all it takes for one citizen to infringe on another citizen's rights, then anything any of us say or do, can misconstrued by what some irrational person thinks we are secretly thinking or implying thru our actions or words.

Now, even the "Tread on Me" flag is symbol of racism and oppression. Either we stop this downward spiral or our society will suffer.
Ignoring a possible bias in a court of law where we strip people of their rights is going to take the country downhill.

As I noted earlier, fly a Nazi flag and many of these arguments go away even though the problems in the courts remain the same. I have an actual right to free speech......if I call someone I arrest a n****r, they are going to get the charges dropped. It did figure into the O.J. decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 12:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
And we were worried about just keeping them out of our bedrooms. Now government has their boot on our throats in our homes.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Not buying that she didn't know that the confederate flag was controversial.

I don't believe that leadership in law enforcement should be flying anything controversial like a confederate flag considering the challenges of law enforcement and community relationships and the current and past racial issues.

If she was a bus driver, customer service rep or worked at Walmart or something it would be a different story.
She has a right to fly whatever she wants on her own property.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A minority that some people won't listen to and/or hear them from their graves.

Do your homework. Look them up. I did.
A minority. Most Blacks who did fight, they fought for the Union. I care about the bottom line, period. Everyone had their reasons for fighting. However, the bottom line is the main cause.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:16 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
That woman has the right to fly what she wants to fly. It is her freedom of speech. That being said, her choice to fly that flag makes me question her as a person. Like I said before, I wouldn't trust her. As a civilian, I am to obey the law. As an officer, she is bound to police a community and enforce the law with fairness, with a good mindset.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:18 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
She has a right to fly whatever she wants on her own property.
And her employer has a right to fire her for it.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
And her employer has a right to fire her for it.
I don't know if they could if it didn't affect her job but it does affect her job so that becomes moot.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't know if they could if it didn't affect her job but it does affect her job so that becomes moot.
It doesn't have to affect her job. They can fire her for any reason except race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or veteran status. She's an at-will employee in the state of Georgia.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
It doesn't have to affect her job. They can fire her for any reason except race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or veteran status. She's an at-will employee in the state of Georgia.
O.K. I have no idea what her actual standing there is.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:17 PM

244 posts, read 168,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Ok Jack, You are 100% right , but in the meantime she should receive full unemployment benefits and retain her peace officer status in the state in good standing. If I am not mistaken that's the way at-will firing works you basically have to pay for the employee to sit at home . After all you terminated them for no reason (without cause) right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies