Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 10:30 PM

22,355 posts, read 11,881,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I was being a tad facetious. I find it hard to believe that there are absolutely no Americans - college kids, whomever - that won't take seasonal work.

It's the astounding hypocrisy that's getting me.
At one time, it was high school and college kids taking those seasonal jobs---that was back when the season ran from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Now the season starts before Memorial Day and ends after Labor Day. High School and college kids often can't start work before Memorial Day and are back in school either before or after Labor Day.

Are there any community pools where you live? Or do you live in a community with its own private pool? Check when the pool opens for the season and when it closes. You will see what I mean.

Sometimes, there are senior citizens who will take seasonal work, depending on how physical a job it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 10:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
About 1929.
um.. no..

Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, said fools have problems with Trump's hypocrisy. But that's invisible to y'all.

Mick
In order to "fix" something, you need to have a full understanding of how its used and "abused".. I have no problem with him using a system and then saying its wrong, no more than Warren Buffet or Bill Gates paying their "fair share" of taxes they are subjected to yearly, but saying their tax rate is too low, but not giving anymore.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
But the decision to use h-2b would be a company policy. Hence from the CEO. No HR Manager would make that decision in a vacuum. Especially in an enterprise that cares about image.
Actually HR is exactly where it would come from, especially given in an organization of that type of magnitude.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,143,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Trump has addressed this before. Due to the multitude of snow birds that descend on Florida, there are not enough service people for the hotels, etc. I don't see this as an issue, it is temporary employment and it is legal.
You know, that's a real BS answer. The truth is that Trump has a habit of not paying people who work at Mar-a-lago. The servers and waiters have had to file lawsuits to collect their wages. Who wants to work for someone like that?

Old 07-28-2016, 10:38 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
In order to "fix" something, you need to have a full understanding of how its used and "abused".. I have no problem with him using a system and then saying its wrong, no more than Warren Buffet or Bill Gates paying their "fair share" of taxes they are subjected to yearly, but saying their tax rate is too low, but not giving anymore.
Ah yes, more Trump excuses, talk about a low bar for standards you guys have for this idiot. It is okay for Trump to give American jobs to immigrants he imports to the US who might likely end up becoming illegal immigrants in the future, but Trump is gonna be the guy to put a stop to himself and this stupid wall idea is gonna stop Trump from importing immigrants. Right.

You guys will believe anything Trump tells you and make excuses till no end. If Trump cared about jobs in the US, he would start by hiring Americans rather than importing immigrants.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:40 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,872,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No one said it is illegal. Trump is running on demonizing people who come and take American jobs. That is his platform. Just like he talks about the evil of outsourcing while he outsources. I get it, Trumpettes refuse to see the insane hypocrisy but it is amazing watching Trump make fools of them.
As Long as these employees take measures to comply with Immigration Law. Its not hypocrisy ot Trumpettes its the law!

Old 07-28-2016, 10:41 PM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
At one time, it was high school and college kids taking those seasonal jobs---that was back when the season ran from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Now the season starts before Memorial Day and ends after Labor Day. High School and college kids often can't start work before Memorial Day and are back in school either before or after Labor Day.

Are there any community pools where you live? Or do you live in a community with its own private pool? Check when the pool opens for the season and when it closes. You will see what I mean.

Sometimes, there are senior citizens who will take seasonal work, depending on how physical a job it is.
I don't have to check, I take my kid to the community pool just about every day. Funnily enough, it's staffed by people from the neighborhood. Why can my local pool get people from the neighborhood but Trump has to get people who need to book an international flight to get to work (for 10/12 bucks an hour, no less)?

Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 AM

14,709 posts, read 8,034,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You know, that's a real BS answer. The truth is that Trump has a habit of not paying people who work at Mar-a-lago. The servers and waiters have had to file lawsuits to collect their wages. Who wants to work for someone like that?
..And if he treats his own people and workers that badly, people who build and support his business...imagine how poorly he is going to treat people after he is elected.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:50 AM

14,709 posts, read 8,034,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I still know a lot of students - high school and college kids who would absolutely love to take those jobs during their summer break.

And our local community pools - one right up the street from me...is staffed by high school and college students while they are on summer break. How much better and More Patriotic is that, they give the jobs to locals kids. Some of them because of their age and inexperience really have a hard time breaking into the labor Market here at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies