U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 08:25 AM

870 posts, read 904,195 times

Advertisements

Of course Komrad Trump knew he was hiring illegals instead of Americans.
He liked that all he had to do was yell "Juan" or "Maria" and someone would come running.
He could pretend he remembered their names!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 08:26 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,514,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Trump isn't managing his assets at this time. Don't blame him for actions of his trustees.
Fiddlesticks!

This business practice has been in place for a long time. "Actions of his trustees" my foot. This is all Trump.

Trump doesn't have a blind trust. He says his sons are running the company. Do you really believe he would put Dumb and Dumber in charge? Please.

No.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:29 AM

6,438 posts, read 3,065,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Gee, does Palm Beach County have a wall around it? No other place in America to hire from, our only option is to go outside of our the borders? You're making excuses for him.

ha ha.........Americans don't move for seasonal low wage jobs.........get real.

In any case, this has been all over the news multiple times. Any American who wants to work there is free to apply there.

The reality is that an American would be stupid to work there. All you have to do is buy a vacuum cleaner and some cleaning supplies and make three times or more that wage cleaning private homes for the wealthy/upper middle class of Palm Beach rather than cleaning up hotel rooms.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:32 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,514,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump First!

America Second!, whenever he gets around to it.
Trump first, Trump second, Trump third...!

America? This isn't about America.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:32 AM

3,988 posts, read 1,676,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
How many here gripping about this have submitted applications for seasonal work in that area? Yeah, I didn't think so. I wonder if the area has a work requirement for welfare recipients, does anyone know? This is the chance for the unemployed with student loans they wanted the taxpayers to pay off to go down and work a few months, has anyone that wanted their student loan paid off by the taxpayers applied for these jobs and been rejected? I want to hear the stories or see links of US citizens or legal immigrants that applied for these jobs or who lost their jobs and are being replaced by foreigners, bring them on!

I know here, I have watched illegal aliens replace older workers that were getting higher wages, a bunch of them in manufacturing. I see roofing/construction companies hiring illegals almost exclusively and companies operating within the law and their employees actually complaining that the jobs were stolen from them. When this is the case, there is an issue. I can provide links to these articles, so bring on yours where hiring these seasonal workers has actually denied someone a job that wanted one.

Also, demand your state representatives institute work requirements for welfare recipients to start the ball rolling! I did the math and a $10.00 an hour job here in central KS, a liveable wage in this low cost of living area, comes out to less than the benefits that a welfare recipient gets when you total all the goodies, so the only thing between that keeps the ones working for $10.00 is personal responsibility and/or a good work ethic. We have to tighten the noose on both welfare and illegal alien labor which far exceeds the number of seasonal workers coming in.

Funny how the libs gripe about seasonal workers coming into an area that cannot supply the labor, yet drop to their knees when we talk of sending back illegals costing taxpayers more than $113 billion per year, one of the biggest plagues on our black workers. Kind of looks suspicious to me.

What Trump is doing is legal, and is what is done in that area because of the labor shortage, verified labor shortage. If they raise the wages to attract Americans, something they won't do because the wealthy do not want to pay more, they want us to subsidize their fancy hotels and meals by making up the difference with public assistance and/or charity.

Seriously, find Trump doing something illegal that isn't made up, and you might be onto something.

so you're mad b/c illegals take jobs, but there's a labor shortage so who are they taking them from? But somehow with this shortage they don't have to pay more to find workers?

Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
ha ha.........Americans don't move for seasonal low wage jobs.........get real.

In any case, this has been all over the news multiple times. Any American who wants to work there is free to apply there.

The reality is that an American would be stupid to work there. All you have to do is buy a vacuum cleaner and some cleaning supplies and make three times or more that wage cleaning private homes for the wealthy/upper middle class of Palm Beach rather than cleaning up hotel rooms.

Another reality is all lyin' Donny would have to do to live up to his 'America First' BS would be to pay the same wage Americans you allege are being paid by the "wealthy/upper middle class of Palm Beach" and hire those Americans.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:34 AM

20,195 posts, read 12,105,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Hey! No Americans will fetch drinks and makes crepes with strawberries and cream, Goddammit! That's hard work !
fnnnn lie!

Old 07-21-2017, 08:38 AM

20,195 posts, read 12,105,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Trump isn't managing his assets at this time. Don't blame him for actions of his trustees.
there is NOOOO way they would do anything to pess him off by going against his normal ways..
they doing what he would do or has always done -
I really don't think folks can see he hastes the USA-- really down in that deep hole of a heart and little by little its spurts out . HE wants us to be like R+USSIA open your eyes already

Old 07-21-2017, 08:41 AM

38,085 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Fiddlesticks!

This business practice has been in place for a long time. "Actions of his trustees" my foot. This is all Trump.

Trump doesn't have a blind trust. He says his sons are running the company. Do you really believe he would put Dumb and Dumber in charge? Please.

No.
Don Jr. and Eric are not running the family business.

They travel about putting on a show, but to believe that Trump would allow these two to actually make major decisions is beyond belief.

I suspect that Trump is running his business on these weekend getaways.

I also suspect that should Trump wish to communicate with foreign leaders outside of the traditional channels there are likely foreign workers in place to assist.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 AM

6,438 posts, read 3,065,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Another reality is all lyin' Donny would have to do to live up to his 'America First' BS would be to pay the same wage Americans you allege are being paid by the "wealthy/upper middle class of Palm Beach" and hire those Americans.
You don't get it lol. Clearly none of you have ever run a business or been responsible for hiring.

The nation as a whole has an unemployment rate somewhere under 5%.

When it gets that low, there is no one left to hire for these types of entry level, low skill jobs. Nada.........unless you want to hire substance abusers, criminals or other unstable people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or