U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:28 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,834,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This has already been discussed and explained. He was not able to recruit seasonal workers. Were you trying to get one of the jobs for domestic servants?

Trump contracts out, most of the garment industry left the country, you know, that great trade deal. I read there is some garment industry in CA, but they hire illegal aliens and are basically sweat shops.

If you need articles on this use the search function here as it has all been discussed.

Trump is doing great with everyone more getting on the Trump train. I know a lot of people don't have any education in business, our government or the economy so can see how it can be difficult for them to grasp what Trump has done, is doing and proposes will help the US get out of the continuing mess that more of the same will be the end of us.
It's all about the market place. If Trump were willing to pay American workers decent wages, he'd have no trouble hiring American workers.

Most of the garment industry, including the crap Trump manufactures, left the country.

Sorry, there's no way you can spin this that Trump isn't revealed as the greedy hypocrite he is. But feel free to keep trying, because it's fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 11:31 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,027,476 times
Quick review for those that haven't been following:

Trump: I Hired Foreign Workers At Mar-A-Lago Because 'It's Very, Very Hard' To Get Seasonal Workers - Breitbart

Donald Trump: I Never Disputed That Some of My Clothing Line Was Made in Mexico

Your US garment industry:

http://verite.org/sites/default/file...nt_Workers.pdf

Anyone that wants to shop for American goods can just "google" for US made goods. Our t-shirts and other logo things coming from the Trump campaign are made in the USA. It was mailed from a company in Louisiana. We always try to support USA made.

How many here are willing to only buy items made in the USA and go without the things not made in the USA? That would show the dedication to make these couple things with Trump a real issue, but at this time it isn't.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:38 AM

18,157 posts, read 11,136,238 times
Quote:
Quick review for those that haven't been following:

Trump: I Hired Foreign Workers At Mar-A-Lago Because 'It's Very, Very Hard' To Get Seasonal Workers - Breitbart

Donald Trump: I Never Disputed That Some of My Clothing Line Was Made in Mexico

Your US garment industry:

http://verite.org/sites/default/file...nt_Workers.pdf

Anyone that wants to shop for American goods can just "google" for US made goods. Our t-shirts and other logo things coming from the Trump campaign are made in the USA. It was mailed from a company in Louisiana. We always try to support USA made.

How many here are willing to only buy items made in the USA and go without the things not made in the USA? That would show the dedication to make these couple things with Trump a real issue, but at this time it isn't.
Trump showed just how how dishonest he is by having his CAMPAIGN merchandise manufactured in the USA while his other products are manufactured outside of the country.

And I already posted that the local employment agency said they have workers for Trump. He doesn't need to apply for 78 Visas for foreign workers. What's more, they show even more foreign Visas were used by Trump owned companies.

Officials at a nearby career services agency have seen it differently. Last year, Tom Veenstra, a senior director at Palm Beach’s career services center, told BuzzFeed News that he had “hundreds of people in our database that would qualify for a lot of those hospitality jobs.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarr...wvV#.fvOPy156X

Old 07-28-2016, 11:39 AM

15,792 posts, read 8,818,679 times
Quote:
This has already been discussed and explained. He was not able to recruit seasonal workers. Were you trying to get one of the jobs for domestic servants?

Trump contracts out, most of the garment industry left the country, you know, that great trade deal. I read there is some garment industry in CA, but they hire illegal aliens and are basically sweat shops.

If you need articles on this use the search function here as it has all been discussed.

Trump is doing great with everyone more getting on the Trump train. I know a lot of people don't have any education in business, our government or the economy so can see how it can be difficult for them to grasp what Trump has done, is doing and proposes will help the US get out of the continuing mess that more of the same will be the end of us.
More people than you would care to recognize know exactly what he is doing.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:41 AM

15,792 posts, read 8,818,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And where is your evidence that he didn't? Find somewhere else to troll.
Where is your evidence that he did? Find somewhere else to troll.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:44 AM

6,995 posts, read 4,000,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This month. Not five years ago, this month. While he's running for president. Jobs in this country.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump seeks temporary visas for foreign workers for 78 positions—including servers, cooks, and housekeepers—at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach and the Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter. Trump has pledged to restore American jobs, and he repeated that goal last week during the Republican National Convention, when he said, “I’m going to bring our jobs back to Ohio and Pennsylvania and New York and Michigan and all of America.” Still, instead of seeking Americans to work those jobs, he is seeking out foreign workers for the positions.

It never ends. Trump manufacturers in China, Mexico, Bangladesh, etc. and hires foreign workers in the U.S.

Trump Seeks 78 Visas for Foreign Workers - The Daily Beast
All those American jobs that he is taking. He is a hypocrite, with Capital letters.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:49 AM

9,199 posts, read 7,060,474 times
Why doesn't he make an appeal to out of work coal miner families? Can't he pay them a decent wage and give them a hand?

Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 AM

18,157 posts, read 11,136,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why doesn't he make an appeal to out of work coal miner families? Can't he pay them a decent wage and give them a hand?
He could have announced those jobs on Twitter to see how many coal workers would take them. Coal workers can bus tables.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:57 AM

9,628 posts, read 5,948,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
No, you don't get it. It's not just Trump. It's happening in different states and at peak seasonal times. D

Look at Google... here I found another.

Summer businesses struggle with worker shortage | WCSH6.com

Dude, your article basically made the point for me. These locations are sparsely populated and out of the way, so they have a hard time filling jobs.

Check out Boothbay Harbor's population..... 2,300!!

You may have a case that Palm Beach is also sparsely population if it isn't just a stone throw away from Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and other cities!

Old 07-28-2016, 12:25 PM

433 posts, read 466,342 times
Quote:
Wow! So we have to hire foreign workers, since there are more jobs than American can take? Are you saying America is already great? Are you a democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or