U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 03:49 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
[/b]

If he paid them enough it would be worth it. You can't have it both ways. Either pay a living wage or be prepared to support people.
When did this notion that the country is responsible to make sure you earn a living wage or are obligated to support you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:51 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Exactly!

What the TDS sufferers don't get, despite it being explained more than once in this thread, is that those jobs are seasonal. Most Americans are looking for year round work.

That one employment agency that a poster keeps bringing up --- are all those Americans looking for work willing to take a seasonal job? Or do they prefer year round work? Americans will take jobs like those Trump has on offer if they are year round work. Not many people who live in this country have the luxury of only doing seasonal work. They need full-time work to survive. Why is that so hard for some of you to understand?
These very same fools have no problem with illegals crossing the border depressing wages but now all of a sudden have some sort of fake outrage over LEGAL immigrants..

18,216 posts, read 10,149,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Trump has addressed this before. Due to the multitude of snow birds that descend on Florida, there are not enough service people for the hotels, etc. I don't see this as an issue, it is temporary employment and it is legal.
Georgia is full of people who would love to have a job. I wonder what Mr. Trump pays...?

15,254 posts, read 16,837,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When did this notion that the country is responsible to make sure you earn a living wage or are obligated to support you?
About 1929.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 PM

12,758 posts, read 8,804,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
There are not enough people working in the service industry in Florida? This is a bold face lie, the people working service jobs are not the snow birds, and I highly doubt unemployment for service industry job or jobs in general in Florida is at zero.

If you are gonna defend your overlord, the Donald, at least try to come up with a better lie than there aren't enough people working service industry jobs.
Wow-all this time, I thought Trump was the CEO of his business empire..I didn't realize he was moonlighting as a HR rep at his golf club, you know, looking over applications from teenagers to work at his club. Give me a break.

Its interesting that the *******s go haywire and freak out any time anything happens at any of his many businesses, and of course hold him personally responsible for every waiter who spills water on a customer, to industrial espionage, While at the same time holding Hillary blameless for EVERYTHING that happens while she was SOS..

11,758 posts, read 5,550,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
These very same fools have no problem with illegals crossing the border depressing wages but now all of a sudden have some sort of fake outrage over LEGAL immigrants..
No, said fools have problems with Trump's hypocrisy. But that's invisible to y'all.

Mick

22,592 posts, read 12,342,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump is cheap to the point of hostile. Look at all those small contractors he didn't pay and put out of business. Look at what he did to those worshipful little dancing girls.

The creator of the viral pro-Trump act ‘USA Freedom Kids’ now plans to sue the campaign

His understanding from the campaign was that the Kids would make two appearances in Florida, where Popick lives. The first event didn't come to fruition, and Popick says he asked for $2,500 in payment for the second performance, in Pensacola. The campaign made a counter-offer: How about a table where the group could presell albums? Popick took the deal.

When they arrived at the venue, though, there was no table
, Popick says. The result was "complete chaos," he said. "They clearly had made no provisions for that."

The campaign balked at $2500.?! Trump is a billionaire and they won't pay what they agreed to?

When Trump made the sudden decision to skip the January Fox News debate and instead hold an event for veterans, a representative of the campaign called Popick to see if the Freedom Kids might perform. The call came the day before the event, Popick says, which was being held in Des Moines at 6:30 p.m. With the promise that the exposure from the event would be "huge," Popick readily agreed, and the kids and their parents packed up for a direct flight to Chicago and a long drive to Iowa.

The cost of the flights, rental car and hotel were all absorbed by Popick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-campaign/

Trump is so petty that even something like this he doesn't pay? How can you be surprised that he would go to the trouble of applying for 78 foreign worker visas to avoid hiring U.S. workers?
I read about that just a couple of days ago.

What a revealing ... and damning!... indictment of Trump's behavior.

The Trump supporters - and I don't doubt their sincerity - will not address the fact that Trump's own USA FREEDOM KIDS are suing him.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 PM

9,628 posts, read 5,950,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Some information:

Palm Beach County has 1.35 million people. (It has the towns of Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, etc.)

In bordering Broward County there are 1.85 million people (in Broward are Fort Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Pompano and Hollywood).

In other words, within 35 miles of Donald's business there are 2.2 million people.

However it must be noted that a lot of those folks are retirees and children under 18. I do not know the actually number of adults 18 and over who are actually looking for work.
http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/BZA110214/12011

http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/12099

According to census, roughly 60% of the population is between 18 to 65. That means roughly 1.9 million people between the ages.

The unemployment rate is around 4.7%. So roughly 90,000 unemployed people of working age who are not working.

Now, some of these 90,000 are unemployable or just plain don't want to work; but I find it hard to believe that Trump is unable find 78 suitable employees from a pool of 90,0000? And that's not including people who are currently employed but would switch jobs to work there.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:05 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,873,501 times
There are some jobs that Americans just won't do. Marrying Trump, for example.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:10 PM

2,464 posts, read 980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow-all this time, I thought Trump was the CEO of his business empire..I didn't realize he was moonlighting as a HR rep at his golf club, you know, looking over applications from teenagers to work at his club. Give me a break.

Its interesting that the *******s go haywire and freak out any time anything happens at any of his many businesses, and of course hold him personally responsible for every waiter who spills water on a customer, to industrial espionage, While at the same time holding Hillary blameless for EVERYTHING that happens while she was SOS..
So you are telling me that business owners like Trump has no control over the types of people he hires? Give me a break, this isn't about hiring teenagers to do supper jobs at his club, this is about filing to import workers from other countries rather than pay Americans to do jobs that are in America.

This is something you guys parrot, that Trump is going to put America first and make America great again, yet here he is importing immigrants to do jobs in the US rather than pay Americans to do those jobs.

You guys are so full of excuses when Trump literally does the things you claim to be against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or