Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 12:32 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,538,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Quit making excuses - I'm asking a pretty simple question, right? LOL

I'm sure you can answer - without making more excuses.
I, for one, have no idea. But I also know that 69 Americans willing to work for the offered wages aren't employed.

Trump again hires foreign workers for Mar-a-Lago | www.mypalmbeachpost.com

Trump's Mar-a-Lago hires hundreds of foreign workers - Mar. 18, 2016

There is no excuse for this. None.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 12:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
since likely NONE of oyu have worked in seasonal positions, they are hard to fill. thus companies that run seasonal properties hire foreign workers to fill positions that would otherwise go unfilled. so unless you are wiling to deal with seasonal work, or have tried to fill seasonal positions, you have no place to complain.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
since likely NONE of oyu have worked in seasonal positions, they are hard to fill. thus companies that run seasonal properties hire foreign workers to fill positions that would otherwise go unfilled. so unless you are wiling to deal with seasonal work, or have tried to fill seasonal positions, you have no place to complain.
Please read the articles posted in order to INFORM YOURSELF before making ridiculous claims. It is common knowledge--especially in coastal areas--that foreign workers, instead of Americans, are hired not because there are no Americans available, but because employers are trying to either pay a cheaper price (many hire undocumented workers) or parade a bunch of foreign people, via H2b and J-1 visas, to "class it up." It's well known, for example, that all of the resort towns on Cape Cod, including Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, hire young and attractive foreign women, in particular, because--as one employer put it--"our customers like their 'accents.'"

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/201...behind-counter

http://www.mvtimes.com/2014/02/05/se...nter-overseas/ (the excuse about having to hire foreign students because American college students are either too lazy or have to return to school before the season is over is hogwash; they don't have to hire college students--there are plenty of adults living on the Cape and MV who are in desperate need of work. Everybody thinks that MV is a rich place; in fact, it's primarily working class, only the tourists and a few permanent residents are rich:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-Vineyard.html (Notice how the undocumented Brazilian claims that without the Brazilians the island would "grind to a halt." Nonsense. Who does he think were doing those jobs before the employers abandoned the American labor force in favor of cheaper labor?)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...819-story.html

Give me a break.

Last edited by OrganicSmallHome; 12-10-2016 at 01:11 AM..

Old 12-10-2016, 01:11 AM

Insourcing has grown enormously, with American workers being displaced right and left, by people precisely like Trump and his billionaire cronies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judy-f..._11173074.html

And the only candidate who wanted this to stop was Bernie Sanders. The only candidate, in fact, who was actually--and factually--on the side of the American worker.

Last edited by OrganicSmallHome; 12-10-2016 at 01:24 AM..

Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 AM

29,446 posts, read 22,374,044 times
Trump claims that it's hard to find workers to fill these jobs, hence the need to use this program to staff workers.

My opinion is that he'd rather use 'reliable' workers who work hard and keep their mouths shut. You know, less drama and more results.

Reading the never ending gripe threads of petty disgruntled posters on the employment section of the forum, where posters cry and moan that their supervisor didn't say hi to them or a coworker talks too much about pet Fido, I think Trump is onto something.

And he ain't the only one, feel me?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,562,903 times
Quote:
Do you know how many employees Trump, et al, employs, besides these 69 seasonal workers? Just wondering, and wondering if you bothered to check.
MarALago employs lot of people so these are maybe 1/3 of staff
He has other office - admin staff that are US and full time and probably full time landscaping staff cause golf course had to be tended all yr
But from other arricles I read
These people are wait staff, kitchen help, spa attendants which numbers go up in winter when resort is very busy
Summer in that part of FL is NOT busy by any means due to heat/humidity
People find golfing at is like taking a sauna
Even people w homes there--not vacationers--usually summer other places

If U followed campaign u saw Trump at MarALago w employees when he totally lied sbout his employees' problems w/ACA healthcare---
proving 1--he had no clue his company had employee health care for them and
2--he is just clueless sbout how the ACA works at all

Trump doesnt have to follow federal employment rules when he hires H2b or H1b workers
He can specify beautiful women love like beauty pageant winners -- discriminating against older workers, those w/some physical disability might get him sued if workers were Americsns but foreign workers dont wualify for that protection

He is just scum IMO but no different than many people he chose for his cabinet
They have the same distain for American lanor, unions' role in protecying working people, laws thst protect workers and require employers desl with them equitably...

Any blue collar worker or white collar serf who voted Trump thinking he was a "friend" of the working class, that Trump who made his wealth by taking advantage of contractors, workers. Unions...
Those people were so deluded by his image and their wilful avoidance of truth that they will NEVER avknowledge how he played them...

On phone in car cant edit--sorry for mistakes

Old 12-10-2016, 09:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,691,360 times
Quote:
Do you know how many employees Trump, et al, employs, besides these 69 seasonal workers? Just wondering, and wondering if you bothered to check.
Do you? I know that those 69 seasonal jobs could be filled by 69 Americans so they could get off entitlement programs.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:47 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,083,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Trump claims that it's hard to find workers to fill these jobs, hence the need to use this program to staff workers.

My opinion is that he'd rather use 'reliable' workers who work hard and keep their mouths shut. You know, less drama and more results.

Reading the never ending gripe threads of petty disgruntled posters on the employment section of the forum, where posters cry and moan that their supervisor didn't say hi to them or a coworker talks too much about pet Fido, I think Trump is onto something.

And he ain't the only one, feel me?
So why are we bothering to deport working illegals? Obviously all those illegals who are displacing American workers are at companies who want reliable, heads down workers instead of whiners.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,691,360 times
Does anyone, who voted for Trump, recognize who he is now?

Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,491,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Some things never change
And one is the distain and lack of respect Trump has for working people
He is all about the bottom line ( check the Sec of Labor pick if you doubt)
And read this
Trump will hire foreign workers to staff Mar-a-Lago this winter | TheHill

Just as Ivanka's goods are made offshore and so are Trump's ties--so are the visa workers returning to MarALago as in past years...

I have home in FL on Gulf coast south of Sarasota--strong seasonal trade/resort area but not as much as Palm Beach area...
There are FL people working 2-3 jobs off season on during season in resort industry to make enough to cover their bills and support themselves...there are people wanting to work those seasonal jobs and certainly at place like a high end resort

Trump claims he has to use visa-workers because he can't fill the jobs locally but he has used a local Palm Beach employment agency once in all time resort has been in Trump's control...the county/state employment office hasn't been used either...

IF HE WANTED, he could fill those jobs with Americans...but he does not!
Shame on him and shame on people who thought he was anything but a con artist...
People need to picket that resort...and it needs to be in the news every day until the visa workers are gone!!!
Employers seeking H2B visas have to demonstrate they attempted to recruit locally. Running a legal notice in the back of a very local newspaper suffices.

Law requires employers to pay H2B visa holders the prevailing wage for compariable work.

I would imagine that resorts provide transportation, housing and meals for the Visa Worker. Are visa workers charged for this?

I don't know what becomes of Visa Worker during the off season.

Speculation on my part is that Visa Workers may be a better bang for the buck than US counterparts.

Trump has consistently made clear he wants to make it easier for foreign people to legally work in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies