Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:28 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Going from shooting to wound....then throwing in the package deal "Shooting the gun out of the persons hand"....sounds like pork barrel politics. Who the hell is suggesting that they shoot the gun or scissors out of someones hand....lol? That is ridiculous. I posted a video with 6 cops, who were standing at least 50 ft away, shoot a person at least 30 times and all he has was a little pocket knife. All of the seemed to open up at the same time. That was totally uncalled for.

You can shoot to wound.....use a taser, wait for backup.....OR JUST DON"T BECOME A DAMN COP!!!!
You've obviously never studied the criminal justice system or firearm training.

You shoot to kill. There is no "shooting to wound".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

You mean...."There is no thinking"! You are PROGRAMMED to shoot to kill and if you follow the program you just react that way without thought.....which leads to the misapplication of force.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:

Actor Christian Slater suffered some setbacks when he served 59 days in jail after assault on his girlfriend and a police officer. He had been arrested prior to that for drunk driving, boarding a plane with a gun and another episode of assault. After jail and rehab, he was able to successfully turn his career around and enjoy a comeback.

15 Surprising Ex-Convicts (Who Made it Big) - Arrest Records.com
You are comparing Christian Slater to MB??? ROFLMAO!!! I am sure all 5'8" 140 lbs. of him inflicted some serious damage on the police officer. Your argument is getting weaker by the moment. MB can be your missing guardian angel but not mine.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:41 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
You mean...."There is no thinking"! You are PROGRAMMED to shoot to kill and if you follow the program you just react that way without thought.....which leads to the misapplication of force.
You are saying what you would do while sitting on the couch eating Twinkies. In a split second you are trained to react. Come towards an officer with a weapon and be prepared to be carried out on a stretcher or worse.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You are comparing Christian Slater to MB??? ROFLMAO!!! I am sure all 5'8" 140 lbs. of him inflicted some serious damage on the police officer. Your argument is getting weaker by the moment. MB can be your missing guardian angel but not mine.

Judge Mathis

Judge Greg Mathis was a member of the notorious Detroit street gang, the Errol Flynns. At age 17, he was incarcerated after being arrested several times. After his release, Mathis went to college where he became a campus activist; and he was later elected a superior court judge for Michigan’s 36th District.
Today, Mathis hosts his own television show.

You will not change your opinion.....I know that. I am simply demonstrating the fallacy of your reasoning, with the full expectation that you will continue living your fallacy. Just because a person makes mistakes early in life does not mean that they will never become productive member of society.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yep, you've never had firearm training or know police training.

Confirmed.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yep, you've never had firearm training or know police training.

Confirmed.
That would be correct. You win the cookie.

Its kind of like voting Republican or Democrat. No matter what the issue.....always vote for the Republican (if you are a conservative) and always vote for the Democrat (if you are a liberal). Not much thinking going on, just like training to shoot to kill. Every scenario requires the same solution....shoot to kill. Every issue requires a conservative approach....or every issue requires a liberal approach.....no variation ever.

One size or one approach does not fit all.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:01 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Quote:

Not completely true.

The task is not to kill a potential life threatening action. The task is to stop the threat in an attempt to secure the safety of ALL in the immediate and surrounding areas. If the threat continues to pose a threat after force is applied, additional force shall be used. It's a fine line. However, there is a difference.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Sounds to me like the Navaho woman was killed for carrying scissors at the wrong time and place. But she was just an Navaho and nobody cares what happens to them. Especially a really scared gun slinging police officer.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Not completely true.

The task is not to kill a potential life threatening action. The task is to stop the threat in an attempt to secure the safety of ALL in the immediate and surrounding areas. If the threat continues to pose a threat after force is applied, additional force shall be used. It's a fine line. However, there is a difference.
You are correct but read what you just said again and you'll see I'm correct.

I want you to now tell me what you do when a man you just struggled with is now charging at you. You have a firearm in your holster. You can be a cop or not when you answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies