U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 AM

15,489 posts, read 7,898,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Because getting a lot of education in crap majors is nothing to brag about. And getting yourself in debt trying to get an education is not doing anybody any good.

Again, it's not quantity, it's quality. Most women go to school for majors that are easy and pay no money. There are women who are going to school more for STEM, but it's mostly from ASIAN WOMEN, not black or hispanic women.

Black women are the quickest to talk about getting a loan. Meaning they want to "borrow" their way out of their situation 9 out of 10 times. For example, most black women have cars EVEN IF THEY DON'T NEED THEM. How are they getting these cars? Oh yeah, loans.

Black women also have a lot of luxury items in their houses. All of it purchased on credit. Black women had credit card debt that far exceed black men. But women in general seem think taking on more debt is always justifiable.

The lack of sound economic knowledge is a huge liability in the black community. I still see black people brag about credit scores? Who cares honestly unless you plan on BORROWING. Borrowing has to be discouraged in America in general, but especially among black Americans. We get it the worse.

The group NEVER TALKED ABOUT INVESTMENTS. And I mean not once. They just posted memes all day about "blacks spend money on non-black businesses". Or there would be people bashing their black customers saying that "black people don't support my business".

For example I really tried to get the point across about Nike (which is the go to example for black people to talk about). I talked about how Nike isn't successful because it's a shoe company. Their greatest asset isn't their shoes, it's their marketing. They are always trying to stay afloat when it comes to marketing technology. So I said, "creating your own shoe means nothing, if you're not trying to have comparable marketing". Many in the group said "marketing is a waste of money", or "I have business cards". Then I explained to them some innovation i machine learning and Big Data, and how many smaller black businesses could leverage this. They all said I was "out of touch".

The post the got me banned was me speaking against the SBA. And it's a valid criticism. The government always creates bubbles anytime it gets involved. I also called them out on their hypocrisy, as they were saying 'We shouldn't depend on the white man for our business' but yet sing praises of the SBA, which is the government. Anyway I dropped the point, and figured "maybe they need to actually hear investment info". So I linked them to some core Investopedia articles, some of the issues with capital the black community has, and the best ways to diversify assets. All of them were like "Best asset is to buy a house". I said that inflation does not yield a good ROI if you buy a house, which is PROVEN. But I got banned for that.

I got banned for people economic ignorance, and their ego when it comes to understanding economics. This was not an investment group, clearly.
Again, you are being overly generalized in regards to black women.

Things you are saying:

• Black women (meaning all - a mass generalization) pick low income majors in college
  • Black women (meaning all - a mass generalization) have "a lot of luxury items" in their house (FWIW, I'd like to know what your definition of a "luxury item" is, as stated I am a black woman, I don't have any items I'd consider luxurious, not even my wedding ring is luxurious. I do own 3 vehicles but all of them are fully paid for and are over 10 years old and 2 are my spouse's because he is actually the big spender in our relationship, not me)
  • Black women (meaning all - a mass generalization) believe in borrowing to excess (this one is interesting considering data shows that black people, including black women cannot borrow to the degree that other demographics can do....)

The rest of your rant on black women, which as I stated, I believe is fueled on your male ego, is a mass generalization.

I am a black woman. I will admit that I did major in one that is not STEM. STEM is not the only major that can increase a woman's career and entrepreneurial career goals. Even though I had a liberal arts major, I primarily have worked in business/finance and I make well over the median income of my area and the US just by myself and not inclusive of my investment properties and accounts or my spouse's income. Business is one of the top majors for black students in the country. I'll also add that I know a lot of young black women (teens to young 20s) because I am a member of various black women focused organizations and I mentor young women. I met with a young lady last evening who is getting ready to go to college next week to one of the top schools in the state and she is a STEM major that you probably don't think she should be - healthcare/medicine (I remember you spoke negatively before in another thread about black people being doctors and teachers...). A lot of black women and young black men also major in healthcare fields today. I have a nephew who is a top student at a private high school who also wants to be a physician and is involved in programs that target talented black students to get them to study medicine. Once he finishes the program, he'll have a full ride scholarship. The young lady I met with last night has a full ride scholarship so will not have debt as long as she keeps her grades up.

I am a black woman. I do not have any outrageous debt. I invest primarily in real estate in inner cities and I am a cash investor. I initially got into investing from a risky perspective whereas, I cashed out some of my retirement account savings to buy a couple of cheap homes and rent them out. Since then I have used the profits from those homes to get others and rent them out. I have a very high net worth in comparison to the general population, both either black or white based in part on the value of the homes I own. I believe Americans in general though live in debt because that is a part of the American fabric. I believe that black American women and men are no different in this regard from white and hispanic and Asian Americans who all suffer with debt, living above their means, and not having much of a knowledge on investing, saving, or living a financially sound life. However, I know MANY black women who are similar to myself and black women actually are also one of the most entrepreneurial demographics in the country.

I am a black woman. The latter part of your comment was you doing like I said you probably did - being an a-hole and trying to tell other people what to do from a paternalistic, superior view point. Similar to how you expressed you feel that conservatives do to black people as a whole. Investing does not have to be done in any particular way. I mentioned above, I invest in real estate. You stated in your rant about why you were banned that another black woman mentioned investing in real estate and you had a negative response to that person.

I'll also note, again, as I have mentioned to you before, that anyone can claim to be anything on the internet. Forums and Facebook groups are not representative of real black women entrepreneurs or investors. I actually am involved in a real estate investment social group of black people (both men and women). I have been involved in portfolio investment groups in real life with black women and all the black women who were involved in that group either were looking for knowledge on how to invest or they were successful investors in regards to the markets and real estate.

Pray tell, do you feel also that black men have these same issues as you are putting on black women just because I provided accurate information regading the fact that black girls/women are increasing in educational achievement? FWIW, so have black boys/men. Combined about 80% of black youth now graduate high school and about 40% of them go on to college, including black males. I see that as a move in a positive direction and information that counters the stereotypes that many conservatives paint of black people in general in that we do not value education. What was the purpose of your rant against black women? FWIW it only reinforced for me that you have a negative view in general of black people as a whole due to you believing all black people, both male and female should follow the extremist political ideology you adhere to and that only you know what to do to increase the economic standing of the black demographic as a whole....self centered much??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 11:10 PM

26,767 posts, read 11,232,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
regardless of you labeling her a progressive. Dash has basically been an attack dog and has gone after the left on every issue.

The whole "she isnt one of us" argument doesnt really work here.
Yes she is one of you. She has no problem spending my money for her causes. She's not for smaller government. Anyone who backed Barack Hussein Romney isn't conservative.

Quote:
Lets all be honest and say she just doesnt represent the best of the conservative/right wing ideology. Fox news shouldnt have tokenized her or any one for that matter.
And the tolerant left, who doesn't believe in the individual, complained because she didn't toe the democrat line like blacks should.
She wasn't tokenized, she was given air time because she is hot.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Not that I take conservative opinions on what black people should be and do and act on them. Why should we respect the opinions of a group of people that have been the primary antagonists to civil rights in America? But I'll respond.. Yes, I know we made progress.
Your racism is showing again. It wasn't whites, it was government.
Whites played a major part in getting minorities equality in the Civil Rights era. Learn your history and take off your blinders.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:22 PM

8,520 posts, read 5,009,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your racism is showing again. It wasn't whites, it was government.
Whites played a major part in getting minorities equality in the Civil Rights era. Learn your history and take off your blinders.
You're the one that got "whites" from my posting. I know there were many whites that stood shoulder and shoulder with black people and fought along side of us for equal rights. The type of American white conservatives that we all know are the protagonists are not these people.. Before you start accusing people of having your faults please use some critical thinking skills... Not all whites have been against civil rights but we both know which ones are...

Old 07-29-2016, 11:28 PM

23,335 posts, read 11,554,281 times
Quote:
Yes she is one of you. She has no problem spending my money for her causes. She's not for smaller government. Anyone who backed Barack Hussein Romney isn't conservative.
That would be every elected member of the Republican Party, all 50 state parties and every Republican governor.

I pretty sure there were some state senators who didnt support them, but you are basically saying there is no nationally recognized elected conservative simply because Dash and Romney dont ft your definition perfectly.

Thats the "no true Scotsman fallacy.

Quote:
And the tolerant left, who doesn't believe in the individual, complained because she didn't toe the democrat line like blacks should.
in a post where I say an individual clearly doesnt speak for others, you make that claim ????? Ok ,LOL.

No, we complain because her arguments dont make sense, and because of what i previously stated.

Quote:
She wasn't tokenized, she was given air time because she is hot
Arguing that she was tokenized because she is beautiful( which she is beautiful) vs because she is a black conservative still means she is tokenized.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
That would be every elected member of the Republican Party, all 50 state parties and every Republican governor.
Incorrect. Not many but there are some. One can be a staunch conservative at the Federal level and less conservative at the state level. It's mainly about the Federal level. Local control is best.

Quote:
I pretty sure there were some state senators who didnt support them, but you are basically saying there is no nationally recognized elected conservative simply because Dash and Romney dont ft your definition perfectly.

Thats the "no true Scotsman fallacy.
A conservative, from the word conserve, means use less government especially at the Federal level. No one in their right mind would call Mittens conservative.

Quote:
in a post where I say an individual clearly doesnt speak for others, you make that claim ????? Ok ,LOL.
No I was speaking about blacks since they are expected to act, be a certain way. By all races.

Quote:
No, we complain because her arguments dont make sense, and because of what i previously stated.
because she's for big government, which doesn't work, that doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Arguing that she was tokenized because she is beautiful( which she is beautiful) vs because she is a black conservative still means she is tokenized.
That has truth in it.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
You're the one that got "whites" from my posting.
lmao Okay I'll bite who were you refering to "Why should we respect the opinions of a group of people that have been the primary antagonists to civil rights in America?"

I got it, the eskimoes

Quote:
I know there were many whites that stood shoulder and shoulder with black people and fought along side of us for equal rights.
Good to see you finally admit it. That didnt hurt so bad did it?

Quote:
The type of American white conservatives that we all know are the protagonists are not these people..
Silly for me to ask because you never do But show proof of this.

Quote:
Before you start accusing people of having your faults please use some critical thinking skills...
lmao Coming from you

Quote:
Not all whites have been against civil rights but we both know which ones are...
I do, you don't.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Incorrect. Not many but there are some. One can be a staunch conservative at the Federal level and less conservative at the state level. It's mainly about the Federal level. Local control is best.
Your post said that anyone who backed Romney wasnt conservative. Every single Senator and governor backed him. I dont have a list of congressmen, but I dont see anywhere that one didnt back him .
There for, there is no federal level or state wide level republican who is conservative by your own standard.

Quote:
A conservative, from the word conserve, means use less government especially at the Federal level. No one in their right mind would call Mittens conservative.
Again, im not even arguing that, simply that you claimed no one who supported him was Conservative, there for there is no nationally recognized elected official that is conservative.

Quote:
No I was speaking about blacks since they are expected to act, be a certain way. By all races.
And all ideologies. I have known plenty of conservatives who find it shocking that i dont listen to Young Thug or that my father is in my life or that I am a home owner at 24. neither side is perfect. I live in the South, my experiences are probably somewhat skewed by the sheer disproportion of ideology, and maybe the same is true of liberals where you live.

Quote:
because she's for big government, which doesn't work, that doesn't make sense.
This is you side stepping my argument.

So I will just say this. Someone not fitting your definition of conservative doesnt automatically make them liberal or progressive. There are political scientist that can divide ideology and political philosophy into 30 different groups. I doubt any of them would put Dash on the left side of the political aisle.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Your post said that anyone who backed Romney wasnt conservative. Every single Senator and governor backed him. I dont have a list of congressmen, but I dont see anywhere that one didnt back him .
There for, there is no federal level or state wide level republican who is conservative by your own standard.
She backed him from the get go the others did not. She's not in government.

Quote:
Again, im not even arguing that, simply that you claimed no one who supported him was Conservative, there for there is no nationally recognized elected official that is conservative.
Conservatives backed the conservative running. They then backed the republican I was refering to the initial one that was supported.

Quote:
And all ideologies. I have known plenty of conservatives who find it shocking that i dont listen to Young Thug or that my father is in my life or that I am a home owner at 24. neither side is perfect. I live in the South, my experiences are probably somewhat skewed by the sheer disproportion of ideology, and maybe the same is true of liberals where you live.
Didn't say everyone and it's not about you princess.

Quote:
This is you side stepping my argument.
I'm not side stepping anything. I am responding to the the post of yours that I quoted.

Quote:
So I will just say this. Someone not fitting your definition of conservative doesnt automatically make them liberal or progressive.
They are not conservative. That's what I said.

Quote:
There are political scientist that can divide ideology and political philosophy into 30 different groups. I doubt any of them would put Dash on the left side of the political aisle.
She's for big government. That is the side she's on. She's not conservative. People can call themselves anything they want, doesn't make it true.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
She backed him from the get go the others did not. She's not in government.
Conservatives backed the conservative running. They then backed the republican I was refering to the initial one that was supported.
None of that changes my point or adds to your own.
Quote:
Didn't say everyone and it's not about you princess.
You missed the point princess

Quote:
I'm not side stepping anything. I am responding to the the post of yours that I quoted.
You completely side stepped it. My post isnt about what form of government works or not. So there for you arent actually responding to my post.

Quote:
They are not conservative. That's what I said.
No, you actually called her a progressive in the response, you didnt just say she wasnt a Conservative.

Quote:
She's for big government. That is the side she's on. She's not conservative. People can call themselves anything they want, doesn't make it true.
and you can say they arent conservative, that doesnt make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies