Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,102,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
And every single black Democratic politician does nothing but talk about getting more welfare benefits for their constituents.
People that need public services should have access to public services. Both homeless assistance and mental health benefits are very important for the Los Angeles area. Any responsible politician should recognize this. But ensuring your most vulnerable constitutes have access to services and pushing welfare on just black folks is two different things! The latter is a fallacy pushed by the white supremacist power structure... And is used as propaganda to spread the stereotype that blacks are lazy...

Listen, we're going to continue voting our interest and the southern strategy showed us who are political enemies are... Bingo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 08:05 PM

254 posts, read 191,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Listen, we're going to continue voting our interest
That's worked out well for the black community.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:22 PM

1,581 posts, read 1,962,489 times
Quote:

Listen, we're going to continue voting our interest and the southern strategy showed us who are political enemies are... Bingo...
It's not in your people's interest to continue accepting Democrats' handouts. I'd want more. But no governmental agency is ever going to do it for you. It's got to be a cultural change.

This is what the black community needs---notice there's no mention of social welfare (this was MLK's dream):

* No kids out of wedlock.
* Less absentee fathers
* No drugs
* Stay in school
* Work hard
* Don't get in trouble with the law

Old 07-28-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
It's not in your people's interest to continue accepting Democrats' handouts. I'd want more. But no governmental agency is ever going to do it for you. It's got to be a cultural change.

This is what the black community needs---notice there's no mention of social welfare (this was MLK's dream):

* No kids out of wedlock.
* Less absentee fathers
* No drugs
* Stay in school
* Work hard
* Don't get in trouble with the law
You can also say this is what white folks need as well... But tunnel vision causes a certain segment of society to have a prejudice bias against black people...

Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 PM

34,845 posts, read 30,914,378 times
The things that will make blacks conservative are shared by people of all races.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:05 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,737,663 times
Quote:
Dude, you're stating the obvious. You don't have to state something that is universally understood..

You stated, "Hey, if you consider this progress", and my reply was yes, there have been progress. What's so hard to comprehend about this. I provided a link in one of my posts that actually outlined some of the things the black community progressed in over time. Are you following me? There hasn't been an inch of ground given in the US to blacks that we didn't have to fight for. Is everything prefect today? NO! But there has been progress and there will be more progress as we go along. The momentum is actually shifting away from the white supremacist power structure in the US and towards the original people to walk this earth...

The last will be first, and the first will be last...
Matthew 20:16
Like a dog that returns to its vomit, is a fool who repeats his folly.
Proverbs 26:11

Old 07-28-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like a dog that returns to its vomit, is a fool who repeats his folly.
Proverbs 26:11
Yep, momomanno keeps digging in even after being outclassed in every exchange. Why do these people keep on insisting?

Last edited by SHABAZZ310; 07-28-2016 at 09:34 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 08:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,747,611 times
For the white conservative posters some advice to you about how to bring black people to your ideology and parties:

Focus on the issues that are important to black Americans

School Choice (black families overwhelmingly support school choice and vouchers we are highly dedicated to providing educational opportunities to our families)

Entrepreneurship (black business creation is at an all time high and is continuing to grow, increase entrepreneurship opportunities to black people in regards to financing and participation in government projects especially is key - this is something that got Kasich a lot of black voters in Ohio)

Police reform (realize that black people do not hate police, we (especially the 98% of us who are not criminals) hate to be negatively stereotyped and treated poorly by police. Lobby for body cams and additional training of police officers and encourage the creation of citizens review boards as a way to process citizen complaints about police mis-use. If police are found by boards to be suspect in their treatment of the public, refer the case to an outside agency for prosecution and punish police officers for mis-doings instead of letting those few bad apples get away with abusing the public on a consistent basis)

These are three of many topics that you should focus on in regards to black Americans. The top 2 are the main ones you can reach black voters with, especially the first one. Too often you all don't seem to realize that black people are very aware at how important education is for our kids and that we are very much focused on ensuring all black children have better educational opportunities.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:21 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,557,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
J
News flash to you - a majority of black people are middle class. Over the past 10 years high school graduation gaps between black and white have decreased substantially and black females have actually closed the gap and now graduate at the same rate as whites and at higher rates than Hispanics. Black females are the demographic who are most likely to go on to complete higher education today. Black females also have the highest voting participation rates since 2004 (FWIW, I'm a black female, we are a demographic that strives and achieves). Poverty rates in the black population were nearly 70% if 1960 and are about 22% today, that is nearly a 180 degree turnaound within my own father's lifetime and is an amazing statistic IMO. Black people today are the most educated as we have ever been. Crime rates in all demographics, including black Americans are at an all time low.

This is what I get pretty tired of. Black women are leading in education, but that's a much much bigger problem. While black women are leading in education, they actually aren't making comparable salaries to their white or asian counterparts (they're probably doing better than hispanic women though). Most black women tend to be around the lower middle class arena.

And this was a discussion I had with my girlfriend around last week (my girlfriend is black). I told her that black women are the biggest "debt targets" in America. And it's true. What does it take to get that great college education? Oh yeah, a loan. Black women who are single are also much more likely to have a car and have a house. Both of these things are pretty much purchased via loans and credit. Black women also probably are the most likely to have very long term investments that are open to inflation. For example, most black women I talked about who do invest (there are very few of them who do) almost always put money in something like a 401k or a CD. Both get gutted by inflation.

The bottomline is these numbers are nothing to really brag about. Black women salaries do not reflect their education, because black women are most likely to pick up crap majors. They're your Business administration, liberal arts, and social worker graduates. Most black women work in high regulated industries like government and healthcare. This means that they almost always have to go back for a masters degree at some point, and that means MORE DEBT. Black women aren't liquid enough for big investments, and have shown to be probably the most risk adverse group in the world. I know no black woman who plays in the stock market, cryptocurrencies, forex trading, etc. Yet there are tons of black men who do, and usually have net worths that greatly eclipse that of black women.

I think this is a SEVERE issues with black women. Even the black women are in a strong "middle class" category are still failures. Why? Because their idea of finance, and fiscal responsibility is so 1970s. Half of them learned about finances from their grandmothers, who knowledge of economics come from the 60s and 70s. Black women have not kept themselves up to date, and you can see this with black women who basically try to "borrow themselves into a better life".

The main issue with the black community, that even among the well educated, the rich, and the financially stable, their fiscal knowledge is heavily dated. There are black investors out there, but they don't engage the black community. It appears that black people are resistent to any advice that doesn't fit a 1960s worldview of economics.

The thing that is going to bite the black community in the ass is the lack of investment knowledge. I've tried to join black economic forums, and talk about the importance of diversifying your asset classes. And I was actually BANNED when I told them to not keep all you money in USD. And this entire culture of "fiscal irresponsibility" comes from the black woman, who believe heavily in the entire Keynesian view of economics.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:01 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,557,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you get tired of hearing how black women are doing better educationally when you are a black man???
Because getting a lot of education in crap majors is nothing to brag about. And getting yourself in debt trying to get an education is not doing anybody any good.

Quote:
I'll be honest and state that it probably bothers you because of your male ego. Women on all fronts are starting to surpass men in education. The reason why black women make less money than men is due to gender pay gap discrimination, which I'm sure you maybe have heard of.
Again, it's not quantity, it's quality. Most women go to school for majors that are easy and pay no money. There are women who are going to school more for STEM, but it's mostly from ASIAN WOMEN, not black or hispanic women.

Quote:
I agree that there are many people who are not fiscally responsibly on a personal level. However, you are doing the same things with your post above that Stacey Dash does - making a rash generalization about a segment of the black population.
Black women are the quickest to talk about getting a loan. Meaning they want to "borrow" their way out of their situation 9 out of 10 times. For example, most black women have cars EVEN IF THEY DON'T NEED THEM. How are they getting these cars? Oh yeah, loans.

Black women also have a lot of luxury items in their houses. All of it purchased on credit. Black women had credit card debt that far exceed black men. But women in general seem think taking on more debt is always justifiable.

Quote:
You are doing the same thing as what I stated in the rest of my comment. You are not seeing the positives in the black demographic and like white conservatives only want to highlight the negative.
The lack of sound economic knowledge is a huge liability in the black community. I still see black people brag about credit scores? Who cares honestly unless you plan on BORROWING. Borrowing has to be discouraged in America in general, but especially among black Americans. We get it the worse.

Quote:
No one wants to hear that crap or to argue with you to a wide degree and especially I know I wouldn't in an investment forum/group.
The group NEVER TALKED ABOUT INVESTMENTS. And I mean not once. They just posted memes all day about "blacks spend money on non-black businesses". Or there would be people bashing their black customers saying that "black people don't support my business".

For example I really tried to get the point across about Nike (which is the go to example for black people to talk about). I talked about how Nike isn't successful because it's a shoe company. Their greatest asset isn't their shoes, it's their marketing. They are always trying to stay afloat when it comes to marketing technology. So I said, "creating your own shoe means nothing, if you're not trying to have comparable marketing". Many in the group said "marketing is a waste of money", or "I have business cards". Then I explained to them some innovation i machine learning and Big Data, and how many smaller black businesses could leverage this. They all said I was "out of touch".

The post the got me banned was me speaking against the SBA. And it's a valid criticism. The government always creates bubbles anytime it gets involved. I also called them out on their hypocrisy, as they were saying 'We shouldn't depend on the white man for our business' but yet sing praises of the SBA, which is the government. Anyway I dropped the point, and figured "maybe they need to actually hear investment info". So I linked them to some core Investopedia articles, some of the issues with capital the black community has, and the best ways to diversify assets. All of them were like "Best asset is to buy a house". I said that inflation does not yield a good ROI if you buy a house, which is PROVEN. But I got banned for that.

I got banned for people economic ignorance, and their ego when it comes to understanding economics. This was not an investment group, clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies