Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

Snowden is their lapdog. He came to their door and they let him in, and what do you think - Putin just let him in because he was such a nice guy? They extracted what they wanted from him and you can be damn sure they have him on a close leash in exchange for his "relative" freedom. He is political collateral.

By the way, guess who suggested Snowden go to Russia and helped him make that happen? Julian Assange.

Oh, and guess who requested personal FSB protection at the embassy he's in? Julian Assange.

And guess who has a TV show on RT News (called "The World Tomorrow"), an news outfit that is propped by the Kremlin and direct mouthpiece of Vladimir Putin? Julian Assange.

People out on the lam need friends in high places, and both these guys have entered the sphere of protection of the Russians...but that comes at a cost. Think about this: Russia is renowned for its heavy-handed attacks on freedom of the press, not to mention their aggressive military intrusions into Europe and Asia. You think Assange is on RT News and Snowden is enjoying a nice life in Moscow because they get to say whatever they please and aren't under Putin's thumb?

I don't know who hacked the DNC emails. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Russians as they have strong interest to hack all our political channels, but I don't know. But if you think these two guys are just completely autonomous freedom fighters who are not in Russia's political orbit, you're a damn fool. And if you defend their associations, then you are a defender of Putin and Russia.

And none of this is new, by the way. Do your research. Articles with details dating back YEARS. You can Google and find them in seconds. Here's one; you can find the rest on your own.

http://www.businessinsider.com/snowd...-russia-2013-8

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:33 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
hacking is a crime, but subverting democracy and purposely derailing your adversaries campaign should also be criminal.

the 2nd part of that seems lost on Democrats.

all I've heard is how hard DWS has worked for the DNC and how Trump is in cahoots with the Russians.

what about the WRONG that DWS & 7 DNC officials did?

Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
hacking is a crime, but subverting democracy and purposely derailing your adversaries campaign should also be criminal.

the 2nd part of that seems lost on Democrats.

all I've heard is how hard DWS has worked for the DNC and how Trump is in cahoots with the Russians.

what about the WRONG that DWS & 7 DNC officials did?
I doubt Trump is in cahoots with the Russians, but I think he says a lot of flippant, off-hand things that are dangerous and play into Putin's hand. Who the hell do you think benefits if NATO goes down? As Commander in Chief, should you really be making "jokes" about inviting the Russians to hack American targets? Who do you think Putin would rather deal with as President: Trump or Hillary? Based on their public Bromance, I think it's clear it's Trump (and Putin wouldn't pick him if he didn't think he can get something out of him more easily than Hillary).

The corruption at the DNC leadership level to collude with Hillary is bad; the hacking that occurred is bad. Both can be bad at the same time.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
You do know that Snowden didn't want to remain in Russia, right? He arrived there, I believe on his way to Hong Kong, and our government cancelled his passport, leaving him in Russia to rot.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You do know that Snowden didn't want to remain in Russia, right? He arrived there, I believe on his way to Hong Kong, and our government cancelled his passport, leaving him in Russia to rot.
Yeah... and you think Snowden went to Russia of all places as an ex-USA intelligence guy thinking he could waltz right in and out freely? Really?

He's not dumb. He went there knowing the deal: Russians will protect him and give him a decent life if he plays ball with the Russians. Oh, and Julian Assange, who advised him on that move, knew this as well. These are smart guys.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:46 PM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
I always found it strange that when Snowden left the United States he first went to Hong Kong (China) and made his way to Russia. Maybe he was avoiding visiting countries where the United States has extradition treaties with? I don't know though I can't imagine Putin just letting him live in Russia without making him share classified information.

I admit that the U.S. government must become more transparent though somewhere we have to draw the line on what should be made public or what should be kept classified.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:49 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Snowden went from Hawaii to Hong Kong, then requested asylum from Russia and fled there.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I doubt Trump is in cahoots with the Russians, but I think he says a lot of flippant, off-hand things that are dangerous and play into Putin's hand. Who the hell do you think benefits if NATO goes down? As Commander in Chief, should you really be making "jokes" about inviting the Russians to hack American targets? Who do you think Putin would rather deal with as President: Trump or Hillary? Based on their public Bromance, I think it's clear it's Trump (and Putin wouldn't pick him if he didn't think he can get something out of him more easily than Hillary).

The corruption at the DNC leadership level to collude with Hillary is bad; the hacking that occurred is bad. Both can be bad at the same time.
Trump has diarrhea of the mouth syndrome. yes, agreed.

but I am really sick of the media spin. what those DNC officials did/said is beyond the pale and ALL of them should be fired. not just DWS, who by the way was hired by HRC immediately as her campaign chair.

the Dems are as corrupt as a $3 bill. It's sad and disgusting. I can't believe I used to be a Dem. I'm so ashamed of what the party has become.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I always found it strange that when Snowden left the United States he first went to Hong Kong (China) and made his way to Russia. Maybe he was avoiding visiting countries where the United States has extradition treaties with? I don't know though I can't imagine Putin just letting him live in Russia without making him share classified information.

I admit that the U.S. government must become more transparent though somewhere we have to draw the line on what should be made public or what should be kept classified.
that's exactly what he did.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:53 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Snowden is their lapdog. He came to their door and they let him in, and what do you think - Putin just let him in because he was such a nice guy? They extracted what they wanted from him and you can be damn sure they have him on a close leash in exchange for his "relative" freedom. He is political collateral.

By the way, guess who suggested Snowden go to Russia and helped him make that happen? Julian Assange.

Oh, and guess who requested personal FSB protection at the embassy he's in? Julian Assange.

And guess who has a TV show on RT News (called "The World Tomorrow"), an news outfit that is propped by the Kremlin and direct mouthpiece of Vladimir Putin? Julian Assange.

People out on the lam need friends in high places, and both these guys have entered the sphere of protection of the Russians...but that comes at a cost. Think about this: Russia is renowned for its heavy-handed attacks on freedom of the press, not to mention their aggressive military intrusions into Europe and Asia. You think Assange is on RT News and Snowden is enjoying a nice life in Moscow because they get to say whatever they please and aren't under Putin's thumb?

I don't know who hacked the DNC emails. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Russians as they have strong interest to hack all our political channels, but I don't know. But if you think these two guys are just completely autonomous freedom fighters who are not in Russia's political orbit, you're a damn fool. And if you defend their associations, then you are a defender of Putin and Russia.

And none of this is new, by the way. Do your research. Articles with details dating back YEARS. You can Google and find them in seconds. Here's one; you can find the rest on your own.

Snowden, Assange, WikiLeaks, and Russia - Business Insider

If Hillary did not want to be exposed, she should not have committed any crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies