Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What actual problem is this solving anti gunners?
It solves their problem of not getting anything more significant passed while they owned the White House and is a minor balm for their bullet size hemorrhoids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 08:14 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,871,736 times
It will only get worst on these last ditch efforts by Obama. I am not even sure it get past a Court.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It will only get worst on these last ditch efforts by Obama. I am not even sure it get past a Court.
that depends on the court in question. it might get past a commiefornia court, and it might even get past the ninth circus court of appeals. beyond that though...

Old 07-28-2016, 08:28 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ve-gun-control

http://pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/A...0(Publish).pdf

"The upshot is that DDTC is labeling commercial gunsmiths as “manufacturers” for performing relatively simple work such as threading a barrel or fabricating a small custom part for an older firearm. Under the AECA, “manufactures” are required to register with DDTC at significant expense or risk onerous criminal penalties. "

"These requirements apply, even if the business does not, and does not intend to, export any defense article. Moreover, under ITAR, “only one occasion of manufacturing … a defense article” is necessary for a commercial entity to be considered “engaged in the business” and therefore subject to the regime’s requirements."

For example, DDTC generally labels procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order to improve its accuracy or operation or to change its caliber as “manufacturing,” even if they do not create a new and distinct firearm. This includes threading a muzzle for a muzzle brake or blueprinting that requires machining of a barrel.

On the other hand, DDTC contends that gunsmithing includes only very simple procedures, such as the one-for-one drop-in replacement of parts that do not require cutting, drilling, or machining for installation. But even then, if the parts “improve the accuracy, caliber, or other aspects of firearm operation,” “manufacturing” may occur. Finishing treatments for firearms generally are not considered manufacturing under the guidance, nor are cosmetic flourishes such as engraving. Meanwhile the mounting of a scope that involves the machining of new dovetails or the drilling and tapping of holes may or not be “manufacturing,” depending on whether the scope improves the accuracy of the firearm beyond its prior configuration. "

so basically if you mount a scope, you're altering the gun and making it more accurate, so you're now breaking the law unless you pay a ridiculous amount of money ($2,250 per year) to be certified as a manufacturer.

or maybe not, it's ambiguous at best!

In otherwords, by executive order we can no longer make our own firearms, without permission and a tax.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:34 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,543,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In otherwords, by executive order we can no longer make our own firearms, without permission and a tax.
you got it. a very expensive tax at that!

not only make them, but many people like to modify them or even adding a scope to make it more accurate could potentially be illegal

Old 07-28-2016, 08:48 PM

29,179 posts, read 14,465,656 times
Someone please tell me how this solves the violence in our inner cities? Second time i asked...all you anti's out there please clue me in.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:21 PM

26,965 posts, read 15,187,034 times
Exceeding powers once again.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Someone please tell me how this solves the violence in our inner cities? Second time i asked...all you anti's out there please clue me in.
How can they answer you when the only reasonable answer is the one they hate the most.

They can't even admit their savior has been an absolute disaster. Now they have moved on to their own conspiracy theories blaming Trump for putting Russia up to hacking the DNC emails. I mean seriously, you simply can't make this stuff up.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:41 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,519,855 times
Quote:
Once again, who said anything about solving problems?

Old 07-29-2016, 08:09 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,543,563 times
Quote:
it doesn't. it doesn't solve a THING. all this does is hurt the small gunsmiths that may not be able to afford $2250 a year for this new certification.

and of course, it takes a lot of money to fight anything this tyrannical law says.

we don't want to take your guns away, we'll just chip away at your rights little by little and make law abiding citizens potential criminals overnight with useless laws.

Last edited by Northeastah; 07-29-2016 at 08:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies