U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 PM

11,462 posts, read 8,443,788 times

Advertisements

There is only so much ICE can do on a limited budget. Just deport the criminals.

The Republicans in Congress will never do immigration reform because their contributors want cheap labor. The Ds want to save the whole world.

Look at that. The Rs and Ds can compromise.

It will be fun to see how POTUS Trump handles it.

Will you be willing to pay more tax to find and deport all those now here? I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 05:12 PM

11,462 posts, read 8,443,788 times
IMO, due to the fact that we have all benefitted from their presence, our penance is a pathway to citizenship for those currently here. No special treatment, no benefits, though.

When the Republican party and/or their candidates return all the money they got from Bob Perry Homes, Shipley donuts and a few other businesses then i might change my opinion.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:36 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,052,167 times
The illegal should'v been booed off stage...yelled at, cursed out. Instead, the dems would rather do that to police.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 10,051,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO, due to the fact that we have all benefitted from their presence, our penance is a pathway to citizenship for those currently here. No special treatment, no benefits, though.

When the Republican party and/or their candidates return all the money they got from Bob Perry Homes, Shipley donuts and a few other businesses then i might change my opinion.

We have all benefited? Have you told the people who have had crimes committed against them by illegals who were criminals when they came here and seem to be getting pass after pass once they're here?

Or the people who might like to get some kind of job again in construction? Or hospitality?

How about the burden on tax payers, since they don't pay enough in taxes to cover the benefits they receive?

Stop looking at everything as tit for tat. Citizens in both parties have the same problem when it comes to illegal aliens.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:06 PM

12,758 posts, read 8,804,567 times
Quote:
There is only so much ICE can do on a limited budget. Just deport the criminals.

The Republicans in Congress will never do immigration reform because their contributors want cheap labor. The Ds want to save the whole world.

Look at that. The Rs and Ds can compromise.

It will be fun to see how POTUS Trump handles it.

Will you be willing to pay more tax to find and deport all those now here? I would.
I have a feeling that if all these illegals were coming here and voting Republican, you can be sure the dems would demand it stops.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:16 PM

36,947 posts, read 16,388,115 times
Quote:

No, most Americans haven't benefited from illegal immigration, quite the opposite. Many have lost once good paying jobs to them and they are costing us $113 billion a year. They have not earned our citizenship nor should they be allowed to remain here.

What cheats both party are has nothing to do with their obligation to enforce our immigration laws.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:44 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,275,088 times
If your govt is forgiving & applauding anything "illegal" then the leadership is really messed up. Please fight for your country. Think about the soldiers, veterans & homeless. They deserve your tax dollars, not the refugees or law breaking illegal immigrants who will use up all your resources. If your kids are hungry, you dont feed the neighbors & invite new guests into your home. Your job as a parent & a decent human being is to put your own kids first. Maybe if you have some leftovers, share it with rest of the world. It doesnt take a genius to understand this simple logic. It doesnt make you a selfish bigot to be patriotic & defend your country.

"CHARITY STARTS AT HOME".

Old 07-29-2016, 09:55 PM

66,547 posts, read 33,809,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
during the DNC convention, The DNC violated federal law, by hosting not 1, but 2 illegal alien women from Mexico. These 2 women were invited there BECAUSE they were Illegal, allowed them to get up on stage, and tell us their sob story. Who, in the DNC was responsible for this? Were the secret service agents who were present ordered by Lynch, or Obama (the only 2 who have authority to do so) to not arrest the 2 women? I'm curious to find out why this was essentially buried

It was actually illegal to even knowingly have them up on the stage. The DNC and Hillary broke federal laws, once again

According to Section 8 US Code 1324:
(A)Any person who—

(i) knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;

(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

(iv) encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or

(v)

(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,

shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,547,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
If your govt is forgiving & applauding anything "illegal" then the leadership is really messed up.

Yup. Its not only important whether the DNC violated the letter of the law (they did). The DNC also disrespected federal law by using people in blatant violation to rally the crowd.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,012,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I think you use the word in more ways than the way you describe.
Alien: legal aliens are usually Ok; illegal aliens ain't and their despicable kind all need to leave to US. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies