U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 12:58 PM

14,659 posts, read 9,709,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ITA with this. The "Muslim parent" who stated Trump has not sacrificed anything actually sacrificed their son who was a soldier in our military and who died while in service. So they have sacrificed to a wide degree.
What is this? We are back in the Abrahamic period now that we have to "sacrifice" to prove something? As far as I can tell this guy is still alive and talking but his son is 6 feet under. Who has sacrificed here?

Old 07-29-2016, 01:03 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,655,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Democrats are good in their Circus Arena! We can see just who they cherry picked and why.

So are we suppose to let every Tom, Dick and Harry into this Country, sorry but whatever we are being told from one party, you cannot possibly vet all those that are coming in. Do you not want a safe Country, well then fine and dandy, vote Hillary.

If you fail to see the reality we face, that is on YOU!
Does seem the Democrat party is leaving their longtime supporters behind and replacing them with illegal immigrants, refugees, ME immigrants and criminals. They wonder why they are going down in the polls.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:03 PM

14,659 posts, read 9,709,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
They are immigrants. Their son would never have served this country if draft-dodger Donald Trump's opinions had been put into place because they never would have been allowed in.

Neither would you, by the way.
The only way they would not have been allowed in is if they failed "extreme vetting." Do you have any reason to believe they would fail that?

Old 07-29-2016, 01:24 PM

381 posts, read 131,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Just because there are Muslim servings in the military, doesn't mean radical islamic terrorism issue cannot be addressed.

Sen Rand Paul said,

"I think itís a mistake to base immigration or moratoriums based on religion," Paul said. "But you know, Iíve called for something similar, which is a moratorium based on high risk."

Paul's legislation, which he introduced last month, is intended to prevent immigration to the United States from certain countries in the Middle East. It would have required the Department of Homeland Security to "suspend issuance of visas to nationals of countries with a high risk of terrorism" until additional security screenings could be implemented.

"And so we have examined where the high risk of terrorism comes from and itís about 34 countries," he continued in the radio interview. "And I would put a pause on all immigration from those 34 countries.Ē

Rand Paul Reacts To Trump's Muslim Ban: 'I've Called For Something Similar'

America broke off diplomatic relationships with both Japan and Germany in ww2, No new imports. Does mean every Japanese and German wanted to fight the Americans? This is nothing personal.
I agree. Good people come in all colors and from all religions, and many of us likely know good Muslim people that may be your family, friend, coworker, neighbor, etc. But that doesn't mean we have to bury our heads in the sand about Islamic terrorism which is a very serious issue. The Democrats bringing the the Khan family feels very contrived to give a dishonest narrative about the issue at hand.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:29 PM

15,421 posts, read 7,876,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What is this? We are back in the Abrahamic period now that we have to "sacrifice" to prove something? As far as I can tell this guy is still alive and talking but his son is 6 feet under. Who has sacrificed here?
Odd question considering the red....

He sacrificed his son for our country. I would rather die myself than sacrifice my son.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:29 PM

32,986 posts, read 13,924,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You lie! Trump called for muslim ban for ALL muslims and where they come from!

No, YOU LIE by NOT including the COMPLETE STATEMENT, "A TEMPORARY BAN UNTIL WE CAN VET THEM PROPERLY" after the Obama top officials said, the vetting process is NOT dependable.

'We CANNOT vet people from Syria because there is NO RECORDS on them".

Well he's a little short on details as far as what "properly vetted" means, you cannot ban an entire religion by the way even temporarily.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:34 PM

32,986 posts, read 13,924,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Democrats cherry picked a Muslim family and paraded them for political gain. Even though Trump's proposal doesn't affect this family who are US citizens.

Muslims are only 1% of US population and are neck to neck with the 99% US Non-Muslim population when it comes to terrorism on US soil.

My biggest concern is Women, LGBT, and Minority rights and safety, which plummets as Muslim population percentage rises.

Molly Norris should not have to change her name and go into hiding. Not here in USA!!
Muslims are a terror threat equivalent to the all non-Muslims on US soil, I would love to see a link to that stat.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:06 PM

5,077 posts, read 2,224,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What world do you live in?

You must get all your "news" from MSNBC

"Terrorism in Germany: Past terror attacks and plots

The killing comes after a week of terror in Germany"
Terrorism in Germany: Past terror attacks and plots | World | News | Daily Express

I believe it was sarcasm...........

Old 07-29-2016, 02:11 PM

5,077 posts, read 2,224,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Odd question considering the red....

He sacrificed his son for our country. I would rather die myself than sacrifice my son.

To be precise it was the son who sacrificed...........who is to say that the father was against his being in the military? It is a volunteer military you know........

Old 07-29-2016, 02:12 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,038,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Muslims are a terror threat equivalent to the all non-Muslims on US soil, I would love to see a link to that stat.
Homegrown Extremism: Deadly Attacks Since 9/11 | The International Security Program
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies