U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:15 PM

32,073 posts, read 36,725,329 times

Advertisements

Too bad Nidal Hasan's parents aren't around to speak at the convention.
They could tell us about his sacrifice also.

They immigrated here from Palestine.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:34 PM

7,328 posts, read 4,024,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump is no politician and his words appear clumsy next to a lawyer and career politican who plays with sentence structure and punctuation to create loopholes in his presentations to allow escape if required, in the future.
Except the job that Trump aspires to is that of a politician, a job that requires specificity of language, if he can't do that then I don't know how he can be considered qualified for the job. The job of the Presidency requires precise speech, the ability to include words and phrases that can be later denied of ignored. That's just a simple fact.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:39 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Except the job that Trump aspires to is that of a politician, a job that requires specificity of language, if he can't do that then I don't know how he can be considered qualified for the job. The job of the Presidency requires precise speech, the ability to include words and phrases that can be later denied of ignored. That's just a simple fact.
and refrain from purposely storing classified emails on a personal server and deleting 30,000 of them.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:42 PM

33,154 posts, read 14,000,573 times

So you came up with 94 in the last few years and conveniently left out a few home grown terror attacks like Columbine not to mention the 15,000 killed each year by guns. I noticed your reference isn't the FBI, a blogger.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:46 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you came up with 94 in the last few years and conveniently left out a few home grown terror attacks like Columbine not to mention the 15,000 killed each year by guns. I noticed your reference isn't the FBI, a blogger.
There are many killings each year in USA due to drugs, robbery, prostitution, etc.

The stats compares killings done in the name of an ideology or political reasons, that's what it is comparing. Muslims with only 1% population are vying for the top spot.

Columbine shooting happened in 1991, if you want to roll the clock back till then, you then have to add 9/11 done by the Muslims. Be careful what you wish for.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:46 PM

33,154 posts, read 14,000,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
To be precise it was the son who sacrificed...........who is to say that the father was against his being in the military? It is a volunteer military you know........
Yes you are precise but I have yet to hear anyone make such a statement when it comes to other families that had sons and paid the price. If you can find a reference anywhere on this board I would live to hear it, now what might be different that this suddenly comes up now.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:59 PM

14,724 posts, read 9,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Muslims are a terror threat equivalent to the all non-Muslims on US soil, I would love to see a link to that stat.
Dems want to completely ignore religion as a predictor of terrorism. If you want to say 99% of Muslims are not terrorist, I would go along with you but at the same time 99% of todays terrorists are Muslim. Give me a formula that would take this ratio into account. Remember the Ebola scare? Why were a handful of countries picked for quarantine? I bet you could argue that 99% of the people there were Ebola-free too.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 PM

200 posts, read 119,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoihdne View Post
So another lie from the left. Trump has never said that US Muslim citizens should be treated different. What Trump said was we should suspend immigration of Muslims from countries like Syria that have no way of telling who is who and even the states pass port office has been taken over by ISIS in many cities. More lies smoke and mirrors from the left.
Actually, the hijabbed mother just stood there like a dummy. The father did all of the talking. Cankles sacrificed many nights without her beloved Bill.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 PM

2,638 posts, read 1,552,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I agree. Good people come in all colors and from all religions, and many of us likely know good Muslim people that may be your family, friend, coworker, neighbor, etc. But that doesn't mean we have to bury our heads in the sand about Islamic terrorism which is a very serious issue. The Democrats bringing the the Khan family feels very contrived to give a dishonest narrative about the issue at hand.

I agree as well. Mr. Trump's message with respect to Muslims are similar in intent to comments regarding illegal immigrants from Central America. Trump does have a problem expressing himself clearly and avoiding language that can land him in trouble. But if you pay attention to the broad message, it is aimed at illegal immigration, not to Muslims or Latin Americans already in the U.S., and not to Muslims or Latinos that are productive members of American society.

As far as the Khan family, no one doubts their sincerity or their son's sacrifice. But the segment was consistent with a general effort on the part of the Democratic Party to avoid, by misdirection, dealing with the issue of Islamic terrorism and its relationship to uncontrolled immigration. Very similar to "never mind what the emails said, the Russians got them to help Trump!"

Old 07-29-2016, 09:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 14,756,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Right. That was the point, that Trump signaled out Muslims especially ones from certain countries.
When the Administrations FBI director and HLS head says they cant be properly vetted I would believe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies