U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:34 PM

2,636 posts, read 1,546,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Except the job that Trump aspires to is that of a politician, a job that requires specificity of language, if he can't do that then I don't know how he can be considered qualified for the job. The job of the Presidency requires precise speech, the ability to include words and phrases that can be later denied of ignored. That's just a simple fact.

Yes, he does have that problem. Hillary has problems too. I'd prefer to make my choice on the message they send, as I understand it.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:37 PM

19,724 posts, read 14,698,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Too bad Nidal Hasan's parents aren't around to speak at the convention.
They could teBrutus about his sacrifice also.

They immigrated here from Palestine.
That was work place violence on Obama's order, so it doesnt count. Individual Muslims are not the problem but Islam is. They cant live with each other, how could they be expected to live with us infidels.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:40 PM

7,311 posts, read 12,202,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
They are immigrants. Their son would never have served this country if draft-dodger Donald Trump's opinions had been put into place because they never would have been allowed in.

Neither would you, by the way.
They aren't immigrants RIGHT NOW nor will they be after Trump takes offices. So they got NO skin in the game.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:07 PM

33,035 posts, read 13,940,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Dems want to completely ignore religion as a predictor of terrorism. If you want to say 99% of Muslims are not terrorist, I would go along with you but at the same time 99% of todays terrorists are Muslim. Give me a formula that would take this ratio into account. Remember the Ebola scare? Why were a handful of countries picked for quarantine? I bet you could argue that 99% of the people there were Ebola-free too.
Ebola was another example of an over reaction by our country to be perfectly safe.

A rather large majority of Muslims are peaceful, what do you propose. This type of reaction is exactly what ISIS wants.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:12 PM

7,183 posts, read 5,417,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoihdne View Post
So another lie from the left. Trump has never said that US Muslim citizens should be treated different. What Trump said was we should suspend immigration of Muslims from countries like Syria that have no way of telling who is who and even the states pass port office has been taken over by ISIS in many cities. More lies smoke and mirrors from the left.
She left the white house broke as I recall.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:13 PM

33,035 posts, read 13,940,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
When the Administrations FBI director and HLS head says they cant be properly vetted I would believe them.
He said some Syrian refugees can't be properly vetted.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:14 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,039,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ebola was another example of an over reaction by our country to be perfectly safe.

A rather large majority of Muslims are peaceful, what do you propose. This type of reaction is exactly what ISIS wants.
No they are not.

Pew research shows otherwise.

50+ Muslim countries are hell holes for Women, LGBT and Minoritites.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:42 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,235,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
There are many killings each year in USA due to drugs, robbery, prostitution, etc.

The stats compares killings done in the name of an ideology or political reasons, that's what it is comparing. Muslims with only 1% population are vying for the top spot.

Columbine shooting happened in 1991, if you want to roll the clock back till then, you then have to add 9/11 done by the Muslims. Be careful what you wish for.
Columbine was 1999. Clearly the responder did want to include the 9-11 attack with 19 Muslims in the name of terror.

Old 07-30-2016, 08:56 PM

11,701 posts, read 3,203,729 times
59 posts in, and still not one Hillbot has attempted to answer the OP's initial question: What has Skankles sacrificed?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:24 PM

4,491 posts, read 1,671,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoihdne View Post
So another lie from the left. Trump has never said that US Muslim citizens should be treated different. What Trump said was we should suspend immigration of Muslims from countries like Syria that have no way of telling who is who and even the states pass port office has been taken over by ISIS in many cities. More lies smoke and mirrors from the left.
Correct me if I'm wrong, guy who's already been kicked off the forum, but didn't Trump at one point mention having surveillance in Mosques in the US?

But a point I'm more interested in, this unknown person you're referring to who is at the very least anti-Trump said something and it's now being translated into a lie from the left. I guess my question is how? No name provided and he sounds more like he's just speaking for himself, and I want to know how this translates to an issue where this view represents or is coming from the entirely of people who are left of center, most of whom disagree with each other on quite a lot. And since this guy's been booted, I'd love an explanation from anyone of the many dwellers of this forum who have this same sort of sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies