Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:34 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Stop you are embarrassing yourself.............RNC Speaker Pat Smith: Gold Star Mother of Benghazi Victim, Sean Smith » Politichicks.com

The term Gold Star Mother originated during World War I in America as applied to mothers whose sons or daughters died in World War I. It continues to be used to reflect on the tragedy that continues to be experienced by the mothers of the fallen. The mothers of all the Benghazi victims are Gold Star Mothers, as is Brian Terry’s mother from Fast and Furious, as are the mother’s of the Extortion 17 victims. There are many military personnel that have been killed because of Barack Obama’s Harvard School sense of rules of engagement.

Pat Smith stood on the RNC stage as a Gold Star Mother.
To be fair, those rules of engagement were in place before Obama came into office. Isn't it part of the counter-terrorism ideas of Gen. Petraeus, or the other general that Patraeus replaced? Can't remember his name, but it was the strategy they developed in Iraq to win the hearts and minds of the people against the insurgency.

Maybe I'm basing this off old information though, because I don't really know if there are any new policies. I'm sure someone on this forum knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 12:29 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Hillary didn't have to, the corrupted media did it for her and right quick.

This goes right along the lines of how the media has been treating both issues since they came to light. They favor unfettered muslim immigration and they think that Clinton could have done nothing to have prevented the Benghazi attacks. Their "reportage" reflects this.
Where did the media personally attack this woman? Even though Matthews was harsh, he didn't attack Ms. Smith.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:31 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't agree with him attacking this family. The media sure as heck isn't going to attack anyone for a Republican. They have a narrative, and it's in coordination with the DNC. Trump shouldn't attack this family, but one thing I have noticed is that the media is now on defense for the way they treated the mom of Sean Smith, who died in Benghazi. Now people can see the difference in treatment, where before Trump started talking no one cared.
How did they treat her? She has been on every stations, but some have stopped putting her on because there is no reason to. The Benghazi case has been closed, there is no new information. Just a bitter mother who refuses to accept reality. The only reason Fox has her on is to perpetuate hate toward President Obama and Hillary Clinton. You're getting played katygirl.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:42 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
They even had Mike Brown and Trayvon's parents there, even though their kids deaths unfortunately were justified! Even the Obama DOJ under Eric Holder upheld Officer Wilson's exoneration in the Ferguson death. If anything, they are examples of bad parents who failed their children.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:21 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
They even had Mike Brown and Trayvon's parents there, even though their kids deaths unfortunately were justified! Even the Obama DOJ under Eric Holder upheld Officer Wilson's exoneration in the Ferguson death. If anything, they are examples of bad parents who failed their children.
There were invited guests of the democrats but did Michael browns mom (who is not Mrs brown) state that she supports police officers and she was wrong for inciting a riot?

Old 08-02-2016, 08:39 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
How did they treat her? She has been on every stations, but some have stopped putting her on because there is no reason to. The Benghazi case has been closed, there is no new information. Just a bitter mother who refuses to accept reality. The only reason Fox has her on is to perpetuate hate toward President Obama and Hillary Clinton. You're getting played katygirl.
I can think for myself, thank you very much.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:57 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why did the heroes that died in Benghazi or along the border get not only zero endorsement but hostile insults when their parents spoke at the RNC ( see Chris Matthews hate speech) by the establishment media but fawned over the moms that spoke at BLM portion of the DNC?

Our nation's hypocrisy with the nationally run media outlets is on full display. Now that this hypocrisy is being fully shown, many news outlets are not realizing the shame but doubling down on how only their victims that they support are getting any positive press.

The establishment press wants to know why their readership is down to a couple hundred thousand and racing to sensationalism is not helping as they blame youth disinterest in the news cycle.

Media hypocrisy about grieving parents on full display - The American MirrorThe American Mirror
chris matthews plays hardball with a victim's family nobody says a word.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:05 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't agree with him attacking this family. The media sure as heck isn't going to attack anyone for a Republican. They have a narrative, and it's in coordination with the DNC. Trump shouldn't attack this family, but one thing I have noticed is that the media is now on defense for the way they treated the mom of Sean Smith, who died in Benghazi. Now people can see the difference in treatment, where before Trump started talking no one cared.
Are you kidding. Change your channels. The attacks come from the media on both sides, but the candidates should never mess with people. The fight is between the candidates. Mr T shows no restraint .

Old 08-02-2016, 09:09 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why did the heroes that died in Benghazi or along the border get not only zero endorsement but hostile insults when their parents spoke at the RNC ( see Chris Matthews hate speech) by the establishment media but fawned over the moms that spoke at BLM portion of the DNC?

Our nation's hypocrisy with the nationally run media outlets is on full display. Now that this hypocrisy is being fully shown, many news outlets are not realizing the shame but doubling down on how only their victims that they support are getting any positive press.

The establishment press wants to know why their readership is down to a couple hundred thousand and racing to sensationalism is not helping as they blame youth disinterest in the news cycle.

Media hypocrisy about grieving parents on full display - The American MirrorThe American Mirror
Pat Smith, the mother of one of those who died in the Benghazi Attack, was mostly criticized for saying Hillary Clinton was directly responsible for her son's death, most thinking that's a pretty unreasonable criticism. Even if Hillary was negligent in some area, the idea that a diplomat could die at the hands of Islamic Extremists in a region crawling with them isn't really that unreasonable. As tragic as it was, even if it were preventable, those being critical of Mrs. Smith are primarily doing so as they feel the criticism is unfair or overly harsh. Few hold the views of Chris Mathews, who was undeniable a douche (and I think he even said so himself later, but I don't know or care).

As for the BLM, the circumstances are different. These moms are coming as parents of victims of targeting by the police. The circumstance is different. They praise their bravery because they're trying to create change rather than bring a candidate down.

Keep in mind, I'm not taking sides, I'm just explaining this in a more sensible way. Most on the left have mild criticism over Mrs. Smith's criticism. Few actually have her. I of course thing both moms in this scenario are over politicizing the deaths of their respective children, however, they have a right to speak wherever they want about whatever they want, as it should be. That said, it doesn't matter who they are or why they're there. If you speak at a political event, you are NEVER above criticism. I mean, really, if you speak anywhere you're never above criticism, but never at a political event under any circumstance should criticisms of people be shot down. It doesn't matter if they were the victims of a racial attack or a military attack; the idea that they shouldn't be criticized is stupid and fascist.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:21 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
The reason I switched to C-SPAN is because Fox News wasn't doing its d**n job of covering the speeches at the RNC. Instead, they were airing their regular shows. I don't even think O'Reilly was in Cleveland the first day. I think FNC has a collective pair of big ones to say The Khans got more coverage than Sean Smith's mother. I'm pretty sure FNC didn't even show Smith's mother's speech. We aren't babies who need the media to pick and chose what we see but the righteous indignation of Fox News makes me want to puke and I'm a big Trump supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies