Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because ice cream makes up for all the times police have abused our rights and murdered innocent people. Just as I wouldn't take anything from Gotti, I wouldn't take anything from a cop.

It must be the pits to have had so many interactions with police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 09:33 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It must be the pits to have to lie about others because the truth is treason to people like you.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:51 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I was actually referring to the son in the passenger seat. At that impressionable age, everything he sees on TV and reads on the Internet must make him scared to death of cops, to the point of believing what you just wrote. That gives him a free pass to become a criminal, because at that age it's easy to think you won't live long enough to have a decent life anyway, a cop will more than likely take you out.

Of course, that isn't true. For every bad cop there are 100 good ones (except they all lie if it helps to keep the bad cop out of trouble). But the bottom line is that only a very small percentage of the public, no matter their color, will be shot by a cop.

So that one good experience with a cop might change that kid's life completely. Who knows what good he might accomplish?
I disagree..Being afraid of cops would not be used as a "free pass to become a criminal" by most stable minded people....maybe just to be more cautious...I can't see how corrupt cops can corrupt good decent people.
There's just NO way that a kid would think like you've just said.

That one good experience (if you forget the fact that the women was pulled over for no good reason..at all,) might make the child think it was pretty cool getting a free ice cream cone, especially from a cop, and that's likely ALL that will come from it.

No WAY is a cop handing out a cheap ice cream cone gonna EVER change a "kid's life completely".
The kid will learn from his parents what they think about cops...ice cream or no ice cream.

Wonder what the cop would have done, what with the power they obviously have to pull over vehicles for no reason, had he run into a driver that refused his ice cream and told him where to put it. Do you think the cop would have let that go?...being the nice guy he supposedly is....

Last edited by purehuman; 08-09-2016 at 06:04 AM..

Old 08-09-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Sorry if you were brutalized by the police - most people do not experience that tho. However - you want to look at it - the goodwill shown is better than doing nothing which is what many are complaining isn't being done now.
If "nothing" is leaving people alone and letting them travel unimpeded by frivolous, useless stops by police trying to make themselves look and feel better about themselves...I'd rather have the nothing.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
It must be the pits to have to lie about others because the truth is treason to people like you.
Some people prefer to see only the appeasing facade, I guess cause it's easier on the mind than acknowledging and caring about the whole truth.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,437,626 times
THIS did NOT take place in Canada...

Two points.....Canadian Police ( who are city or town Police ) all have a red stripe on the leg of their uniform pants, with the exception of the RCMP and the Ontario Provincial Police services.

RCMP has a yellow stripe, and OPP have a light blue stripe on their trousers. The RCMP also have a yellow stripe on their uniform hats, and the OPP have a light blue stripe on their uniform hats.

Second Point......The officers very large shoulder insignia is a typical US small town style. The Canadian type is much less ornamental, and much more "readable ".

I hope that sets the record straight.

Jim B.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Even for people who haven't had "so many interactions with police", the corruption and anger from police towards the average hard working jo is easy to see...it's all around us.
That's probably why these odd "feel good" video's get posted...to try and smooth over the corruption.

Some of us might not be too happy about these injustices done to other people either...sometimes it's not necessary to experience the injustices and pain of violent discrimination to feel compassion and empathy towards those that do...or have.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:24 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,282,979 times
Quote:
Because ice cream makes up for all the times police have abused our rights and murdered innocent people. Just as I wouldn't take anything from Gotti, I wouldn't take anything from a cop.
Not everyone in the uniform is out to get you. Your never accept anything from ANY cop mentality is frankly borderline insane and you should seek help.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
https://youtu.be/DWy9LqYhpD8

There are more videos like this, too.
This is seriously disgusting!!!

1. Why did the police pull them over when they committed no offense?
2. Why did the police pass out ice cream cones on duty? The taxpayers paid his time to fight crime, not to give out ice creams.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:38 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,261,506 times
This happened where I live and I feel it's a much better story:

During traffic stop, officer and dad calm fearful girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies