Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 11:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,172,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Absolutely. Give Sinai back to Israel, and cancel the deal.
Why do you keep acting like you're hurting my feelings about who has the Sinai?

Stop it. They can all choke on the damn Sinai for all I care. I'm an American...like you.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:28 AM

23,205 posts, read 29,009,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I vote they get the entire state of Florida and make it Israelida.
Long ago, Madagascar was considered an option to be what's now Israel. An island all to themselves! More land, more welcoming neighbors?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter who wins. Israel will get additional funding either way. The unknown factor is how much. Thus is can be done now or can be done during the 10 year review in the end of 2017.
True! 80% of our U.S. Senator's receive money from the 75+ Jewish lobby groups!

Old 08-04-2016, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
yeah, how do you feel about all the Palestinian olive groves
that fall to the ever-encroaching Israeli bulldozers for illegal settlements ?

Does "Israel" do anything wrong in your eyes, has it ever ?
And of course you believe the U.S. should keep feeding them billions,
regardless of need. Are you a Jewish Supremacist ?
There are untold number of American Jews opposed to Israeli policies, but too scared to speak out. There are Jews within Israel that are opposed to Israeli policies, and, over there, they're free to speak out, without reprimands, but not here in the U.S.

Yes, you can be opposed to certain Israel policies and not be labeled anti-Semite!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:03 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,723,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
When the hell did anyone receive that? We've spent TRILLIONS in the Middle East since 9/11 and BILLIONS more each and every day.
The US needs to cut all economic ties-with Israel, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, etc. and LEAVE the region for good.
The economic treaty with Israel does NOTHING for Americans or Israelis-it's yet another welfare program for war corporations and war profiteers. END IT NOW!

NO MORE WAR!
The ONLY places the US has spent TRILLIONS in the Middle East has been in Iraq and Afghanistan. Syria has cost the US in excess of $8 BILLION (and growing daily) in a little over a year, yet there is not one thread related to it. The culmination of funds to all the other countries in the Middle East pales during the same time period. Israel, unlike the other countries gets no economic aid at all. Their aid subsidized the US Military sector as currently 76% of it is required to be spent in the US. The next package is 100%.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
There are untold number of American Jews opposed to Israeli policies, but too scared to speak out. There are Jews within Israel that are opposed to Israeli policies, and, over there, they're free to speak out, without reprimands, but not here in the U.S.

Yes, you can be opposed to certain Israel policies and not be labeled anti-Semite!
There are anti-Israel Jews who speak out in the US. They have freedom of speech like everyone else Its just the pro-Israel Jews tend to drown them out at 9:1. They show up at every Israel parade or gathering in the US along with the myriad of Palestinian groups who also show up.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Give Israel Iran's own money?

Really now? How about I just pat your pockets and give everything I find to one of my friends? Like that idea?

It's their money, and Iran isn't your enemy.
Our nation is already on a fast track downhill. Once we stop supporting Israel, God will be thru with us. Iran and Islam is our enemy.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
True! 80% of our U.S. Senator's receive money from the 75+ Jewish lobby groups!
Really? Show your source. Make sure it lists every Senator, how much they get and from whom. Keep in mind you stated lobby groups and not individuals who are Jewish.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,655,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why do you keep acting like you're hurting my feelings about who has the Sinai?

Stop it. They can all choke on the damn Sinai for all I care. I'm an American...like you.
A true American is standing behind his words and keeping signed contracts.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,921,964 times
Quote:
The ONLY places the US has spent TRILLIONS in the Middle East has been in Iraq and Afghanistan. Syria has cost the US in excess of $8 BILLION (and growing daily) in a little over a year, yet there is not one thread related to it.
Actually I did start a thread on Syria a while back. And yes, Iraq and Afghanistan were colossal failures for the people-good for those in Government and the War Corporations, but an utter waste of money and human life.

Quote:
The culmination of funds to all the other countries in the Middle East pales during the same time period. Israel, unlike the other countries gets no economic aid at all. Their aid subsidized the US Military sector as currently 76% of it is required to be spent in the US. The next package is 100%.
Yep-that's why I say neither Americans or Israelis should support it. For the vast majority of both populations it is just a giant welfare program that helps nobody but the defense industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.