Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I hope they come looking for reparations in my neighborhood. My AR-15 club members will be glad to welcome them.
^^^ Look an internet tough guy. These type of posts routinely happen from the safety of sofas...

Listen, you're not shooting no one. Because if you did you'll be in jail and in jail a lot of loving goes on and internet tough guys don't quarterback...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
What I get from this thread is some blacks just want to be apart from main society and create their own parallel black one. Like how BET advertises their programming, "our channel, our shows, etc." Reading the comments by bra and sha, at its core is a deep seated resentment against us-mainstream society of any color because the roots are based on "whiteness" and does not include being black as a special condiation.

Do you folks see that in any type of black focused political claim- there is something unique about being black which cannot be understood by others. Tribal. Reminds me of printed commentary regarding the Old South and their claim that they had a unique culture which others-Northerners were not capable of understanding. So these ungalvanized blacks of today are at the same level of social maturity as the white planter class of the 1850s.

At the conclusion of his book, Albion's Seed, David Hacket Fischer wrote that the modern american black retains many cultural elements of the old planter class. So I guess what we see now in blacks and their intransigence is similar to what Northern readers experienced 150years ago. No wonder slavery is still an issue with them. They have not moved forward in time.
Felix, I've read most the posts on this thread and I'm not seeing where the black posters (that I'm aware of) are advocating separation. Most black separatist organizations are classified as hate groups and the majority of black folks don't get down like that..

Your other claims seem to be influenced by prejudice...

Old 08-03-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
wrong again. I am not affiliated with any party. that's 3 things you got wrong about me. I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal.

I still don't understand why you have to mock him and push him down. Are you mad that he's doing something with his life rather than protesting with BLM?
We'll I guess you don't confirm to the typical stereotypes people with your posting history exhume.. Bravo Northeast...

Old 08-04-2016, 12:07 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've come to realize that this statement is nothing but a cop out and an attempt to shut anyone down from ripping someone's ridiculous assertions apart.

It's utter bs. Are you a human being? Then don't flippin' tell us we couldn't possibly understand. You are not any different from anyone else. Your skin is darker than some, lighter than others...big fricken deal. You're not as different as you're trying to make yourself out to be.
Everyone is human. However how we look dictates how people treat us. And this is the foundation of how you create a culture, a shared experience, and a resulting mindset. You can say "it doesn't matter if you're black". But you see it does. Every black person feels the need to have to fight a stereotype everytime they open their mouths. And that's just realistic. It may be an insecurity, but it comes from somewhere. And until you've lived with the burden of this insecurity, you really could never possibly know the set of interactions, mindsets, and responses around this idea.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:29 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedownlow View Post
The head of black lives matter is nothing more than a George Soros paid shill brought in to cause chaos.
This has to be THE biggest conspiracy theory I've ever heard! And I've heard them all......!

Old 08-04-2016, 01:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
One things BLM folk could do, in order to achieve those goals, is to run for office, and change the system from within. Say what one wants about the Tea Party, but not only did they march and call Mr. Obama all types of names, they put their candidates in office to influence what they wanted!

While I was in college, African American students went into what was called Operation Infiltration, where in every organization of the school, from student government, student groups, university senate, etc, there was at least one, or a few, African American representative(s). The Tea Party basically did the same thing to Congress, and all the state legislatures. It protested from the outside, but opted to change from the inside!

Old 08-04-2016, 02:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Everyone is human. However how we look dictates how people treat us. And this is the foundation of how you create a culture, a shared experience, and a resulting mindset. You can say "it doesn't matter if you're black". But you see it does. Every black person feels the need to have to fight a stereotype everytime they open their mouths. And that's just realistic. It may be an insecurity, but it comes from somewhere. And until you've lived with the burden of this insecurity, you really could never possibly know the set of interactions, mindsets, and responses around this idea.
Spare me. EVERY ONE on this planet is judged by how they look. I'm female, you think I haven't had plenty of people stereotype me before I say a word? Don't even try to play that card, it doesn't work. As I said earlier, black folks do not have the market on "tough life".

Old 08-04-2016, 03:15 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post

Just like if your fat,skinny,gay,ugly,mentally ill,poor, ad infinium..........unless you walk in anyones shoes who is looked down upon or ridiculed about ANYTHING.................
Show me any human being and there is an insecurity there somewhere about something......

Old 08-04-2016, 03:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
^^^ Look an internet tough guy. These type of posts routinely happen from the safety of sofas...

Listen, you're not shooting no one. Because if you did you'll be in jail and in jail a lot of loving goes on and internet tough guys don't quarterback...

Shabazz, you do know this is what a lot of your posts sound like, right? Including the one above?

What makes you think you've cornered the market on being internet tough guy?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:35 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Spare me. EVERY ONE on this planet is judged by how they look. I'm female, you think I haven't had plenty of people stereotype me before I say a word? Don't even try to play that card, it doesn't work. As I said earlier, black folks do not have the market on "tough life".
So people don't automatically associate black people with being dumb, uneducated, violent, and thuggish? A lot of Americans would disagree. You can say 'well black people actually are violent crimianls". But what about the black people who aren't? How do you think this effect them knowing that this image is what they have to overcome to be viewed individually?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies