Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:51 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
And you know everything I've been through and countries I've lived in? Wow. We got a psychic in the house!
I don't claim to be psychic.

Just comparing most Americans' daily experience with, for instance, Ivan Denisovich's. (Fictional character, I know.) Oppressed? We're not. Not even close. Which leads me to question the experience of someone who claims we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 09:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL are you going to give a sermon?
Discussing whether Americans are oppressed is giving a sermon? Ooooookaaaaay.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:56 PM

593 posts, read 1,377,794 times
Americans will never rise up against the government. Democrats for the most part are content with status quo. We are about to have another Democrat fo Prez. The Republicans are too scared to rise up. Dont believe me, just read their posts on CD. They are all afraid of a little old lady named hillary! Its really ironic considering the Republicans own most of the guns in America.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:52 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
We've been pushed around by our corrupt government serving their own interests and it seems to only be going downhill from here.

Is there a tipping point? Are the American people united enough to overthrow a government that becomes too oppressive (not suggesting that it's unbearable now, but could reach that point). Or, do they have our psychology in tight reins, able to steer us wherever they want?
people have been 'dumbed down' over the last decade or 3, so its a lot of damage that needs to get undone, Trump is really helping 'undo' the 'going thru the motions' and he's forcing people to think and he's forcing people to have an opinion and he's forcing people to pick a side and be passionate about it. we need passion and trump has injected passion into america like a hot beef injection. thank you donald, we owe you huuuuge.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:01 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
people have been 'dumbed down' over the last decade or 3, so its a lot of damage that needs to get undone, Trump is really helping 'undo' the 'going thru the motions' and he's forcing people to think and he's forcing people to have an opinion and he's forcing people to pick a side and be passionate about it. we need passion and trump has injected passion into america like a hot beef injection. thank you donald, we owe you huuuuge.
I'm not voting, but I do appreciate that he is shaking things up. I'm usually most scared when no one questions anything.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not voting, but I do appreciate that he is shaking things up. I'm usually most scared when no one questions anything.
we haven't questioned anything in a long time, we just sit back, surf the internet, keep up with the kardashians and see what taylor swift is up to, that's it in a nutshell, we question nothing.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times

Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
we haven't questioned anything in a long time, we just sit back, surf the internet, keep up with the kardashians and see what taylor swift is up to, that's it in a nutshell, we question nothing.
What is there to question?

The world woke and is passing America by while you folks complain instead of adapting.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
What is there to question?

The world woke and is passing America by while you folks complain instead of adapting.
what's there to question?

Authority.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
what's there to question?

Authority.
Why? Because too many people were lazy or thought they were star spangled awesome the world would always favor America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies