Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Of course it does, thats why 4 non-puppets were against this absurdity. And why this absurdity is a very recent phenomena (2010). But keep shilling for the donor class though. They are laughing at you.
So, 4 people were going to deny a business it's 1st amendment? Do 4 politically motivated people really "think" the constitution says government can limit free speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Its interpretation! How hard is it to understand! 4 judges disagreed with the 5 puppets of the ruling class. So the floodgates that previously were closed were opened and the billionaire class said thank you for the favor.

You claim the puppets were right because you support continued rule by the donor class over the working classes.
The law didn't restrict what one could give to the parties.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:24 PM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In this case, what was there to interpret? Nothing in the constitution gives the federal government any authority to get involved in any voting process, or private companies, producing their own media to air on tv and radio? That is a 1st amendment issue.
You're the first person to complain about a corrupt government yet you are defending this decision that corrupts government, some might argue that the amount of money present for super packs takes away individual 1st amend rights of individuals.

So I take it you support the current rules and the Citizens United decision, it's working well with lobbyists that out number congressmen. I really should be a bipartisan issue.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The law didn't restrict what one could give to the parties.
Yes, they are "independent", *wink* *wink*

Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're the first person to complain about a corrupt government yet you are defending this decision that corrupts government, some might argue that the amount of money present for super packs takes away individual 1st amend rights of individuals.

So I take it you support the current rules and the Citizens United decision, it's working well with lobbyists that out number congressmen. I really should be a bipartisan issue.

The thing is, I'm for what the constitution says. The constitution is not corrupt. I'm defending the constitution and the 1st amendment. Government should never be able to deny the public the right to free speech.
It isn't what you think the constitution should say. It is what it actually says. Free speech is not selected by government.
Everyone has the right to say what ever they wish about government.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
They are not elected officials, or on any government payroll.
Private citizens, exercising their 1st amendment. Yet, the constitution should say, the government can deny free speech to some people. I get it. It isn't there in the text, though.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Arrow Hillary cares about the little people.

Quote:
The five are nothing but puppets, and they dont serve you, they serve their financial overlords. Why you protect these people who laugh in your face as they transfer wealth from people like yourself to themselves is odd. They dont care about you. Its better to just send your money straight to the donor class instead of voting for these people who promise to make the voting process completely irrelevant as the policy is just rubber stamped by the super rich.
Before you reply with more exclamation marks, hear me out. The part about "They don't care about you" is precious. It's adorable that you think the non- puppet party (aka Hillary's high horse club) is interested about protecting your narrow little behind while Hillary trotted around the world collecting money from dictators for the Clinton Express.

And what is this corporate donor influence getting in return? How much if a threat are the high roller donors when it's the non-puppet ( your words) running the white house?

Could you use some of your hopped up energy to work on our debt crisis? The debt has more than doubled to nearly $20 trillion in the last 7 years- more than it had in the last 200.

Where is our infrastructure after blowing through $847 billion "TARP" dollars? Did flint, Michigan see any if that public spending? Where did all that money go and how is our infrastructure still completely broke? Was it the non-puppet unions that got the majority of that money? 💰

Old 08-02-2016, 07:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
So, 4 people were going to deny a business it's 1st amendment? Do 4 politically motivated people really "think" the constitution says government can limit free speech?
Corporations have not been considered people for centuries! This radical extremism that you support is not based in logic, because you are the victim of it. You are NOT part of the donor class that pushes this extremism and crowd out the voice of the people. That ordinary people support dismantling of our democracy and welcomes oligarchy like you do just shows how deep rooted the subservient attitude to big capital really is in America. People are just meekly droning around, serving the billionaire class.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
So if the law didn't restrict what a person can give to the parties to start with what good is over turning the ruling?

Old 08-02-2016, 07:35 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
The thing is, I'm for what the constitution says. The constitution is not corrupt. I'm defending the constitution and the 1st amendment. Government should never be able to deny the public the right to free speech.
It isn't what you think the constitution should say. It is what it actually says. Free speech is not selected by government.
Everyone has the right to say what ever they wish about government.
Do you believe in unlimited freedom of speech even it harms others?
How about protesters practicing Freedom of Speech in front of Washington DC with crowds so large they restrict the flow of traffic?

You see, when they block my way to work, it becomes a problem

When a Deep Pocket Corporation like Big Pharma and Healthcare has enough wealth to brainwash the masses as if Obamacare is for them at my expense, we have a problem

When defense Industry Corporations Brainwash the masses with wars and more wars to make them wealthier, we have a problem.

Your Freedom of Speech ends when it effects me and mine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies