Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 10:49 PM

7,443 posts, read 6,984,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most all of us would support our sons protecting themselves while walking home from the store if some pervert gets that close.
Yes, and I followed that trial closely, and the evidence clearly supported a verdict in favor of George Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin was the attacker and he had no just cause for it. That's what the evidence showed.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:49 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,517,293 times
Quote:
Most all of us would support our sons protecting themselves while walking home from the store if some pervert gets that close.
Zimmerman wasn't a pervert. He might be a dum@ss, but he doesn't appear to be a pervert.

Martin's parents failed him. They bare more responsibility for their sons dearth than Zimmerfool.

Zimmerturd may have been a bit overzealous due to the crime occurring in his neighborhood, but there is no proof he committed any crime. Sure, you may want to lock him up because you don't like him, but do you want to live in a nation that locks up people who aren't liked?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,285,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You champion assault apparently. Hopefully the thug who did it will be charged. It is likely a better case than the one against Zimmerman.
We have several wannabe Black Panthers on this board that champion violence outside of self-defense.

Words, flags, looks not to their liking will be met with fists/weapons according to them. Though I suspect their cyber barks are worse than their bites.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Yes, and I followed that trial closely, and the evidence clearly supported a verdict in favor of George Zimmerman.
I noted early on that the prosecutor over charged and i wouldn't have found for murder. I most certainly would have a lesser charge.

Quote:
Trayvon Martin was the attacker and he had no just cause for it. That's what the evidence showed.
No it didn't. We can assume we would have just ran if some pervert was following us but some are more defensive in their actions.

A grown man has no business creeping around following a teen boy home from the store.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Zimmerman wasn't a pervert. He might be a dum@ss, but he doesn't appear to be a pervert.
Of course Zimmerman wouldn't own up to that. It was the vibe Trayvon got when he made his phone call.

Quote:
Martin's parents failed him. They bare more responsibility for their sons dearth than Zimmerfool.
I would be O.K. if my son told me he punched some pervert following him home from the store. In all reality we all would.

Quote:
Zimmerturd may have been a bit overzealous due to the crime occurring in his neighborhood, but there is no proof he committed any crime. Sure, you may want to lock him up because you don't like him, but do you want to live in a nation that locks up people who aren't liked?
No, following a teen home while he walks back from the store is not a crime. I want people to mind their own friggen business.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:13 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,574,153 times
There was no evidence that GZ was a pervert.

If TM suspected that, perhaps he was projecting, or he was a homophobe. You know, many of the biggest most vocal complainers re homosexuals are simply insecure in their own sexuality.

The evidence did in fact support GZ's version of the incident, i.e., that TM attacked GZ.

There was, however, considerable evidence (though not admissible at trial) that Trayvon was a wannabe gangsta who liked fighting.

And of course there was the Court officer who deleted messages and photos depicting drugs and guns from Trayvon Martin’s phone.

It boggles the mind that so many cling to the false narrative. Is the truth so difficult to face and or admit?

Some of you have so much invested in the false narrative. Its truly a shame.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 08-06-2016 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-06-2016, 11:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,651,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In fact, I don't see how a 28 year old grown ass man could be getting his ass whipped so bad by a mere skinny kid. That's embarrassing.
That's because, contrary to what some think, it is not what really occurred. What he stated that transpired is not really the case. He shot him almost immediately.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 08-06-2016 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-06-2016, 11:22 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,517,293 times
Quote:
Of course Zimmerman wouldn't own up to that. It was the vibe Trayvon got when he made his phone call.

I would be O.K. if my son told me he punched some pervert following him home from the store. In all reality we all would.

No, following a teen home while he walks back from the store is not a crime. I want people to mind their own friggen business.
Wait, so it's ok for Trayvon to have the vibe that Zimmerman, who Martin perceived to be a gay pervert, might do harm to his brother, but it's not ok for Zimmerman to have the vibe that Martin, who Zimmerman apparently didn't recognize as a resident, might be one of the thugs who has been victimizing his neighborhood?

Double standards much?

Old 08-06-2016, 11:24 PM

9,132 posts, read 5,778,281 times
Quote:
I noted early on that the prosecutor over charged and i wouldn't have found for murder. I most certainly would have a lesser charge.

No it didn't. We can assume we would have just ran if some pervert was following us but some are more defensive in their actions.

A grown man has no business creeping around following a teen boy home from the store.
But a neighborhood watch volunteer might have business following and reporting a suspicious character.
"Following" is not a crime. If the followee attacks the follower, he certainly may defend himself.

Obligatory disclaimer: Zimmie is still a moron.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wait, so it's ok for Trayvon to have the vibe that Zimmerman, who Martin perceived to be a gay pervert, might do harm to his brother, but it's not ok for Zimmerman to have the vibe that Martin, who Zimmerman apparently didn't recognize as a resident, might be one of the thugs who has been victimizing his neighborhood?

Double standards much?
Yes, I do have double standards where a 17 year old and an adult are concerned.

It's why we do not allow them to drink or vote.

I'm thinking you now wish you had thought your reply through a little better.

A double standard for a teen and an adult? Don't be silly, of course there is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies