Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which team is that?
Not the one I play on.
Quote:
Larry Elder is going to have to really dumb down his interviews if he ever expects to reach the average black folks on CD.
Is that a personal insult?
Quote:
Yeah apparently.

Don't you just hate it when you have to admit that a guy is smart and says some really smart things but you can't listen to him or even think about liking him because he's one of "those" black guys?
Who had to admit that he's smart? I could've just as easily called him an idiot. What difference would it have made to me OR you?

Old 08-05-2016, 05:02 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,116,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Within the first 20 seconds this man utters stupid nonsense. For someone to get held up on a "much to do about nothing" term such as African American tells me right away he has an agenda. African American is probably the only thing in black people's lives that says we had an existence prior to slavery. I don't care if you call me black or african american, but you can appreciate what the term points back to. Shoot, most black people probably believe our existence began at slavery.

Man, 22 minutes of nonsense, why do you force me to listen to it. I've watched the whole video and one part that truly stood out to me was at 9:16. This man had the gumption, the balls, the unmitigated gall to say a black child was more likely to be born with his father and mother present during slavery than today is VERY telling about his mindset. For any of you who are familiar with "The Lord of the Rings" series, Larry Elder reminds me of a certain character. Larry Elder is the "Mouth of Sauron".

Man, how can someone imply the family structure of black people was better during slavery? How can anyone say anything was better for black people when they were in chains working the cotton fields? By the way, let's not forget the fact families were broken up by slave masters in order to keep control over them. Don't want them planning anything or coming together amirite? This right here tells me this man is a certified mouth piece, which of course I'm not surprised to see this when it comes to politics.

He also mentions affirmative action in a sense that it has done something for black people. Well, some black people benefited from it (when I say some, I'm talking about a group from out of millions of people, so you could point to hundreds of thousands of black people who benefited from it, technically), but in reality all ethnic groups got something from it as well. East asian groups benefited from it so well, it actually began to harm their chances of getting into certain schools. Yet no other group got the most out of it than white women. That is the honest truth. Ultimately, affirmative action wasn't just for black people, because that would be too close to reparation talk, and you KNOW you can't have that!!! By the way, this man talks a lot about marriage and the black community. I guess slavery marriage was duper amirite again? (Besides the whole thing about forced sexual relations between slaves, breeding them like animals)

The only thing he said I might agree with is the condition of schools a lot of inner city black youth are subject to. I don't know what kind of cost it would take for the kids to go to schools that are not in their area, but if a child can go to a better school, I'm for it. My question would be why can't we upgrade the schools in their area? Why can't we make the living conditions within the inner city better? Think about this, if the white community had the kind of numbers the black community has when it comes to things like education, unemployment, and homicide rates, there would be official state programs enacted to "specifically" correct those problems. Perhaps it would be because white people make up over 60% of the nation's population, so if they were having black people's problems statistically, it could pose a major problem for the country numbers wise. Yet because it's black people, who only make up around 14% of the general population last time I checked, we have to correct our own problems. There's no specific help for us. If a program is initiated to help us, it ultimately ends up helping everyone else more. (*Cough AffirmativeAction Cough*)

So that's my review of this video. Most of this is nothing but a man repeating what he was told to say. I'm not impartial to the "Left" or the "Right", but to blindly ignore the reason why the black community is disproportionately at a disadvantage to the white community is dumb.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-05-2016 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: edite quoted post

Old 08-05-2016, 05:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Pretty simple and straight forward. If your educated and highly educated, speak common sense, say things that are true, your not liked. Simple as that.

He ran circles around the white guy, in fact the white guy looked like a stupid jerk.

I always liked him because he does not make excuses in life, and says what is true.

The more someone like Larry tells the truth, the more he is disliked, that is fine, educated people appreciate someone like him.

Again the white guy was a complete idiot. Shot down by Larry.

He tells it exactly as it is, and some just can't handle the truth.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:13 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,026,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
That's what he is. We have had these kinds of Blacks throughout history.
Yeah, but isn't it odd that most of those "kinds of Blacks" just happen to be very successful, well educated and very well spoken? When you look at the statistics it's clear that America needs a lot more of "these kinds of Blacks" in our future if anything is going to improve.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:43 PM

12,027 posts, read 6,559,219 times
I've seen Larry Elders interviewed on FOX before, but never had seen this outstanding interview.
Larry nails it on every point; he articulates perfectly what's wrong with liberalism today.
Black conservatives are the most discriminated and despised group in our country.

He is a true and courageous leader, and we need more like him.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:49 PM

12,027 posts, read 6,559,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
As for the two Reverends, of course they are leaders. What else would you call them? Song & Dance Men?
Race pimps....

Old 08-05-2016, 06:45 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Larry was on LA area talk radio for years and years and I used to listen to him pretty frequently. The dude is no doubt a smart man. I agree with a lot of his points, he goes a little too conservative for me at times, but his logic is hard to argue with most of the time.

He gets a lot of hate from the far far left for sure. You counter the "poor helpless downtrodden black people" narrative and watch out.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:19 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Pretty simple and straight forward. If your educated and highly educated, speak common sense, say things that are true, your not liked. Simple as that.

He ran circles around the white guy, in fact the white guy looked like a stupid jerk.

I always liked him because he does not make excuses in life, and says what is true.

The more someone like Larry tells the truth, the more he is disliked, that is fine, educated people appreciate someone like him.

Again the white guy was a complete idiot. Shot down by Larry.

He tells it exactly as it is, and some just can't handle the truth.
Who's truth is Larry speaking for? I've never made and excuse in life and blamed it on the white man but I'm not stupid in the things I see on a daily. This is the same man that says Rascism is non existent. White privilege has nothing to do with ones success or money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.