Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:26 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,283,997 times

Advertisements

Respect Trump? A foul-mouthed, bigot, pathological liar, and a bully?

More likely, I'd want to go to D.C. on inauguration day and give him a rotten egg and ripe tomato party.

Last edited by markg91359; 08-10-2016 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 03:40 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,758,913 times
I respect neither of them. Both are scumbags in my opinion.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:28 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,062,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
No matter who's elected president, you're going to have to respect them

That is where you are wrong. I don't have to respect anyone. I have respect for the office. I don't have to respect the person.
Ditto here. At least there are a few more months of us getting dissed by our current president before that office itself can earn any respect again. We need to clean out the filth out first.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:41 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Unless, you defy him then all bets are off.
I haven't heard of any Republicans dying in the last 3 weeks, have you?

Sounds like emails are not something anyone should be connected to.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:46 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Um, no. I do not have to respect them and I wont.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:46 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,767,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
If Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump wins the presidency this November, you're going to have to respect them whether you like it or not. Hillary Clinton would be the first female president, and she will demand respect whether you agree with her or not. Trump will demand respect and honor as well as the first non politician president in a long time.
Why? I cannot see myself ever respecting Hillary. Her corruption and utter contempt for the American people has sealed her fate as a disgrace to the office she aspires to. Trump maybe can be respected, but he has to stop being a pompous ass first and tone down the ego.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,248 times
NEVER!

Don't vote, NEVER have, NEVER will.

I laugh at this circus. We all die faster than we think we are going to and life speeds up QUITE fast after a while.

I have never in my almost 4 decades on this planet respected a single politician. (MAYBE Corey Booker when he was Mayor of Newark... but I think he bailed!?)

Old 08-10-2016, 06:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Funny, when Republicans are president, you never hear things like we must respect our president. How much respect did Obama get? Republicans are still convinced he came from Kenya. Who was the big voice in that fiasco? Trump of course. Nothing sticks to him as if he can't be held responsible for anything stupid that comes out of his mouth. Like having a child as president.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,332 times
The process required to become the President should disqualify anyone from serving as the President. Or, put another way:

Quote:
Only the sociopaths and psychopaths among us will go to the extremes of energy output required for the duration of time required to get power to control others with.
Some may admire this but it highlights the flawed and over-driven psychology of all political power candidates. In office they will make every decision based solely on personal power.
And here's Terence McKenna on the topic:
Quote:
What we have to do is stop looking for leadership from the top, because the least among us make their way into those positions of power.

You can see that now -- those guys are not fit to throw guts down to a bear, any of them.

So what we have to do is knock off this fantasy of being citizens inside a democratic state, I mean, what we are, are the propagandized masses inside a fascist dictatorship, and what people have to do is begin to form affinity groups, get their own ship together, get their own goals defined, and then move out into it and do it, it's not gonna come from the policy council of the Republican or Democratic parties, that's just silly to think that.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Funny, when Republicans are president, you never hear things like we must respect our president. How much respect did Obama get? Republicans are still convinced he came from Kenya. Who was the big voice in that fiasco? Trump of course. Nothing sticks to him as if he can't be held responsible for anything stupid that comes out of his mouth. Like having a child as president.
Obama is responsible for his own birther confusion. He had so little respect for the people of this country that he didn't think we had the right to see proof of his being a citizen even with his strange upbringing and global hopping. He still shows no respect for people in the south and our ancestor's history. He says we should look at other cultures as individuals but he calls the confederate battle flag a symbol of hate. That flag has nothing to do with slavery. He hasn't been enough an American to even know the country's history.

It was not until he showed he has no respect for our immigration laws or any other laws that our government has spent centuries putting together that I finally said I have had enough and I have no respect for that little piece of scum. The man has no class whatsoever. Can't wait until I don't have to look at his ugly face any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies