Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 06:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
An amish family sold their young daughter to a perv in Bucks county Pa recently and he had multiple girls living with him. Let's not just bash moslems. Not to mention the Spanish guy in was it Ohio or Detroit that kidnapped the girl and made a sex slave of her.
Anyway, Obama may want that family moved to the USA as refugees. That would make for interesting classroom situations in grade school.
You left out the Rastafarian who ate his own mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
This is what happens in cultures that consider female humans to be property. This is one of the fundamental changes that Islam will have to make if they have any desire to be respected.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Fathers trading their very young daughters into marriage has been going on, forever.

While not common, the primitive practice persists and is not limited to Muslim majority countries.
Perhaps it isn't. But that does not mitigate the practice. By the way, can you name some non-Muslim countries that practice this?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The Mormon culture in UTAH?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Comparing this man to Mr Khan is reprehensible. That's why you will lose yet another presidential election because the majority of America is laughing at how ridiculous Trump and his slack-jawed yokel fanbase is.
I didn't compare this man to Mr. Khan!!! Go back and read my post again!

You people try too hard to find something offensive in every post by those you disagree with. I think it must be caused by the same defect that makes one a Leftist. That's why the Left was offended when Trump mentioned that the woman (Mr. Khan's wife) wasn't allowed to speak (he was right).

What else did Trump say that was "offensive?" Noting that I can remember.

Trump says what most of the rest of America thinks and would love to have the opportunity to say publicly. That's why he's so popular. And that's why he WILL win.

Hillary is a liar, and she is one of the most offensive people ever to run for any political office, let alone President.

Mr. Khan is a Muslim Brotherhood operative, and the fact that he was invited to speak shows that Hillary is not on the side of America. The Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-06-2016 at 07:24 AM..

Old 08-06-2016, 07:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Why do we import these people into western civilization ???

I guess this is just repeating the story of Muhammad in the Quran ...

Girl, six, is forced to marry 55-year-old man in exchange for a GOAT being given to her father in Afghanistan* | Daily Mail Online
How can the US expect to " Americanize" Afghanistan? Why are we even trying? They don't and never will accept it. It's as alien as another planet to them. And yes, bringing them here is asdaffy as an outhouse rat.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Why do we import these people into western civilization ???

I guess this is just repeating the story of Muhammad in the Quran ...

Girl, six, is forced to marry 55-year-old man in exchange for a GOAT being given to her father in Afghanistan* | Daily Mail Online
I didn't know we were "importing" Afghans into our country.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:18 AM

6 posts, read 3,386 times
This happening is not go with the civilized people. He can not do this only the exchange of a goat.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Once again, you seek to apply current laws to customs common throughout the world 1400 and more years ago. Throughout history, women have been viewed no different than livestock.
Absolutely, positively FALSE! What are you reading? Have you ever read the Bible? No such view of women can be found in the Bible. Just the opposite.

Tell us what cultures you are talking about. I'm betting they were a small minority. However in Islam, women are not even considered human. That is a fact. I know of no other religion or culture that has such a low view of women.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Absolutely, positively FALSE! What are you reading? Have you ever read the Bible? No such view of women can be found in the Bible. Just the opposite.

Tell us what cultures you are talking about. I'm betting they were a small minority. However in Islam, women are not even considered human. That is a fact. I know of no other religion or culture that has such a low view of women.
Really? This from Deuteronomy:

Quote:
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels
of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
That's how god values women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies