Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 03:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get another source.
OHHHH, the source is bad! I suppose you would find Daily Kos or Think Progress acceptable sources though. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 03:10 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He should have held out for a cow.
Nah, he didn't want Hillary!😙😙

Old 08-06-2016, 03:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In the first place, this is not "treating the woman as livestock". The fifty shekels is a fine to be paid to the father. He is not "purchasing" the woman. Also note that it refers to her as a "woman," so we are not talking about a "girl" here.

Secondly, a study of the original language reveals that this passage is not talking about rape at all. The words in the original language and translated "rape" here are speaking of a man "lying with a woman" who is not married, in which they voluntarily engage in sexual intercourse. (The KJV version more correctly translates this passage).

This is why Bible study is important. We can't just assume the words used are the correct words translated from the original language. A clue here would be, "and they are discovered." This seems to indicate that there is mutual consent, that they are committing the act in secret.

The Bible never sanctions a rapist marrying his victim. God does not punish the victims of crime along with the criminal (But that does happen under Sharia, Islamic Law).
It gets even better. Lot is God's loving and slavishly devoted follower...and look at how he views HIS OWN DAUGHTERS! Quote:

Quote:
But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.” Lot went out to the men at the entrance, shut the door after him, and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”—Genesis 19:4-8
To this passage, what's your excuse?

Old 08-06-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
BTW, if you want them to stay outta your country, get the hell outta theirs.
Oh, well, that certainly is intelligent foreign policy. As Obama loves to say, "That's not who we are." How can you be a country that claims to stand for human rights, and then refuse to help people being oppressed, slaughtered, girls taken as sex slaves, while their brothers and other family members are lined up in front of a ditch and shot in the back of the head, one at a time (if not beheaded)?

Just leave them alone?

I guess you don't understand the intention and beliefs of these people, that they have an agenda to wipe out all of Western civilization. They believe they are superior, and their law is above all other law.

Yep. We should do nothing.

I guess we made the mistake of developing their oil fields and then turning them over to them. Bad move. We should have taken the oil for ourselves.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:22 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
This shows the value of women in Islam. But Democrats (and even some Republicans) criticized Trump for his comments about Mrs. Khan not being allowed to speak. Trump was right. Women have no rights in Islam.
Hate to mention that when other ethnicities immigrate to other Countries..not always their belief systems get forgotten...Thhis FACT has been around for half Century..Even here in Canada....and Yep..Honour Killing Family oriented ..DO get held accountable!! Once young people get exposed to freedom of thought and practice..OLD fashion folks ( parents or grandparents) rebel ..Slowly but surely it's being accepted... It's called assimilation..and until anyone accepts the mores and folkways of "New Country"..Then consequences will happen..

Assimilation is difficult for OLDER folks..because of decades of indoctrination (Belief System)..Nowadays..Such systems are a KNOWN item..SO Those folks are advised NOW..IF you cannot accept OUR way..Then don't bother entering..

Bottomline really comes down to assimilation to a Democratic Society which doesn't preclude you from any belief system..BUT is that belief system conflicts the Countries LAWS..YOU WILL be held accountable!!

It's a NO BRAINER..Forcing a Youngster to marry some OLD GUY just isn't acceptable..THAT would never be accepted..Then of course we have right within American Boarders folks like Jeff's..Who spends time in prison now for his personal actions and portion of such behaviour!! It's on a basic level.."Child Trafficking" No prophet of God would ever accept much less condone such abuse...

I'm always amazed how some religions use Religion as a rationale to take advantage of vulnerable/innocents to suit their Sexual needs ( mostly MEN BTW) ... There's a special place in He$$ for abuser's of God's/Jesus preachings !!

Human beings are basically on the bottom of the totem Pole when it comes to ability to act Godly! Human's mostly act for their OWN SELF Gratifications.. Instant Gratification is demonstrated every minute of every day by far too MANY!!

Old 08-06-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Hate to mention that when other ethnicities immigrate to other Countries..not always their belief systems get forgotten...Thhis FACT has been around for half Century..Even here in Canada....and Yep..Honour Killing Family oriented ..DO get held accountable!! Once young people get exposed to freedom of thought and practice..OLD fashion folks ( parents or grandparents) rebel ..Slowly but surely it's being accepted... It's called assimilation..and until anyone accepts the mores and folkways of "New Country"..Then consequences will happen..

Assimilation is difficult for OLDER folks..because of decades of indoctrination (Belief System)..Nowadays..Such systems are a KNOWN item..SO Those folks are advised NOW..IF you cannot accept OUR way..Then don't bother entering..
The problem is, assimilation is NOT happening here. Muslims build their Mosques, where the old ways are taught (including Sharia) and the young people are indoctrinated. They are told that he West is evil and America is the 'Great Satan.'

These immigrants live in whole sections of a community where, increasingly, non-Muslims dare not go. This has already happened in Europe. We read stories here in the U.S. where Somalis go into the surrounding neighborhood and threaten rape against women, saying it is their right to do so, under their law (Sharia).

If something isn't done soon to stop this resettlement of Muslims (these are all Muslims we're talking about; other immigrants do not tend to behave this way, although, I'm sure there are some places where people would argue otherwise), we are doomed, and will never be the nation we once were. We are literally turning our country over to a culture and class of people that we only read about in books on medieval history.

Quote:
Bottomline really comes down to assimilation to a Democratic Society which doesn't preclude you from any belief system..BUT is that belief system conflicts the Countries LAWS..YOU WILL be held accountable!!
Nothing about Islam is compatible with our laws or our Constituion, and these people think Sharia is above our laws. Nothing is going to change that belief for the majority of Mohammedans. It is a cult, was a cult, and always will be a cult. To describe it as a "religion" that should be protected under our First Amendment is a deadly mistake. It is a "religiopolitical" system. It is an extension of the heresy known as Arianism, which rejects the triune nature of the Godhead. But that's not to place Judaism in that category. Far from it! Judaism is the basis of our Christian faith with Jesus, the Messiah, the Chief Corner Stone, and foundation. He is the head of the Church. We, as Christians, are taught (in the Bible) that we are "Jews by adoption."

Quote:
It's a NO BRAINER..Forcing a Youngster to marry some OLD GUY just isn't acceptable..THAT would never be accepted..Then of course we have right within American Boarders folks like Jeff's..Who spends time in prison now for his personal actions and portion of such behaviour!! It's on a basic level.."Child Trafficking" No prophet of God would ever accept much less condone such abuse...

I'm always amazed how some religions use Religion as a rationale to take advantage of vulnerable/innocents to suit their Sexual needs ( mostly MEN BTW) ... There's a special place in He$$ for abuser's of God's/Jesus preachings !!

Human beings are basically on the bottom of the totem Pole when it comes to ability to act Godly! Human's mostly act for their OWN SELF Gratifications.. Instant Gratification is demonstrated every minute of every day by far too MANY!!

Old 08-06-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, well, that certainly is intelligent foreign policy. As Obama loves to say, "That's not who we are." How can you be a country that claims to stand for human rights, and then refuse to help people being oppressed, slaughtered, girls taken as sex slaves, while their brothers and other family members are lined up in front of a ditch and shot in the back of the head, one at a time (if not beheaded)?

Just leave them alone?

I guess you don't understand the intention and beliefs of these people, that they have an agenda to wipe out all of Western civilization. They believe they are superior, and their law is above all other law.

Yep. We should do nothing.

I guess we made the mistake of developing their oil fields and then turning them over to them. Bad move. We should have taken the oil for ourselves.
Exactly. Do nothing.

And we're not capable of stealing the oil for ourselves.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
It gets even better. Lot is God's loving and slavishly devoted follower...and look at how he views HIS OWN DAUGHTERS! Quote:

To this passage, what's your excuse?
It's obvious to me that you know very little about the Bible, have not studied it, and don't care to. I'm not going to do it for you. You simply love to argue with those who believe. You're not fooling me, and you are convincing me of nothing. Have a nice life.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
It's obvious to me that you know very little about the Bible, have not studied it, and don't care to. I'm not going to do it for you. You simply love to argue with those who believe. You're not fooling me, and you are convincing me of nothing. Have a nice life.
Lol...I knew you'd tap out and come up lame!

Oh goodness...LMAO. You Christians are a real doozy.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:39 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
It is not, and likely never will be, one world!
There are HUGE differences in culture around the globe. some of these cultures can never mix, they are simply too different.
What is accepted as right in one culture may be anathema to another. That may change over time, but it will be a very long time!
People don't want to wait, they want the change NOW! Of course, that will never happen.
Until the change does take place, we will hear more and more "WHY can't THEY be more like US?" Of course, the other side is saying the same thing!
the world would be a great place to live if it weren't for...
People!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies