Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Yes, in Iran covering the hair is compulsory. In Egypt, it is not. Two different countries, two different sets of laws.

Clearly hijab was an optional part of the uniform for the Egyptian volleyball players since one player has her hair covered and one does not.

You apparently paint all Muslims in one broad brush depending on what they wear. You must not know any Muslims or you are masquerading here as the Donald.
50+ Muslim countries do not even allow Gay Pride Parades. It's definitely not "all Muslims" that are bigots, but the vast majority of them are.

Same with choice for a woman to wear what she wants in a Muslim country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
50+ Muslim countries do not even allow Gay Pride Parades. It's definitely not "all Muslims" that are bigots, but the vast majority of them are.

Same with choice for a woman to wear what she wants in a Muslim country.
Does any western country allow polygamy?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Quote:
Just for this one religion and culture, the Democrats turn into rabid conservatives and Republicans become the liberals.

Instead of supporting the Women, LGBT, and Minorities within Muslim countries who want to have Gay Pride Parades, Sl*t walk, wear a bikini, etc., the Democrats find myriad excuses to support the morality enforcers.
Not true at all. The Dems I've seen posting here, including myself, are object to a) people who want to force women to wear OR remove hijab as if they were children who cannot make their own decisions and b) people who paint an entire religious or ethnic group with a broad brush.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
On what team are the members free to wear whatever they want? Do you think all of the Western women want to wear a bikini to play? I can say from personal experience that the number one complaint my girlfriends and I had with our high school volleyball uniforms were the bloomers, which were basically bikini bottoms. Given the choice, the majority of the girls would have chosen to wear shorts.

I think it is great that women's sports are becoming a bit more in tuned to what female athletes feel comfortable wearing, and are slightly less concerned about giving their male audiences a show. The Egyptian team's uniform doesn't change the level of play in any way. Let them wear it.
Yeah...I'm no fan of Islam but I like that women are no longer forced to wear a bikini in order to play beach volleyball.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:59 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
I feel really bad for the Muslim women.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Does any western country allow polygamy?
Polygamy is seen as oppressive to women.

In India, Muslims are the only communicate that can legally have upto 4 wives and brides below the legal age limit. Muhammad had like 9 wives at any one time, multiple sex slaves and a 9 year old child bride. A good Muslim follows the example of Muhammad.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I feel really bad for the Muslim women.
Don't. They choose to live that way.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Polygamy is seen as oppressive to women.

In India, Muslims are the only communicate that can legally have upto 4 wives and brides below the legal age limit. Muhammad had like 9 wives at any one time, multiple sex slaves and a 9 year old child bride. A good Muslim follows the example of Muhammad.
What? We aren't talking about sex slaves or forcing children to marry, which is already illegal. We are talking about polygamy within consenting adults. Please don't muddy the water.

What consenting adults do is none of the business of other people or the government. That's called freedom, which we don't have.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 08-09-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 08-09-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Don't. They choose to live that way.
Not all.
Many are forced and are fighting back. Unfortunately the Democrats don't even acknowledge their existence.
Home - MSF
^ My Stealthy Freedom

Old 08-09-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Not all.
Many are forced and are fighting back. Unfortunately the Democrats don't even acknowledge their existence.
Home - MSF
^ My Stealthy Freedom
So are we!

Unless they sign an agreement to acknowledge your definition of freedom, you are just imposing your view onto them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies