Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times

Advertisements

The Saudi and Lebanese and Iranian teams should be BANNED from the Olympics unless they agree to play Israel. This happens in every Olympcis, and the Arab Muslims from Lebanon also refused to even share a bus with the Israelis.

Of course liberals and Democrats who support the Palestinian cause believe this is okay. They also won't care that the Saudis didn't even allow women on their team until the IOC forced them to. But homophobia, anti-Semitism and sexism are acceptable as long as it is part of Arab Muslim culture, which must be respected.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Were the Saudi managers afraid their person would lose the match and become an embarrassment to their country?
If so I don't blame them because when it comes to Saudi, losing could mean your death.
If she did fight and lost the coaches could have defected to the US.

Imagine if the US hockey team in 1980 refused to take on their bitter rival on the ice due to political tension between the USA and Russia, we would not have had "the Miracle on Ice" .

The olympics are a chance for the world to set aside their difference and let the athletes compete. I guess Saudi didn't get the memo.
It's common practice for Muslim and Arab athletes to forfeit to avoid playing Israel. This happened last time with an Iranian boxer. Lebanese athletes and coahces refused to even share a bus with Israelis the other day. And remember the selfie issue at the Miss Universe pageant? The Arab Muslim from Lebanon coudn't even take a selfie with the Israeli girl.

Yet liberals and Democrats still side with the Palestinians......

Old 08-08-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Saudi Judo Competitor Forfeits Match to 'Avoid Israeli' in Next Round: Reports

here's another source. BTW this is hardly the first time an athlete from an Islamic country forfeited a match in order to avoid an Israeli. Iran has done it before too.

Iranian Olympian Comes Down With Mysterious Infection To Avoid Facing An Israeli

Iran praises athlete for forfeit to Israeli - philly-archives

If an Israeli athlete forfeited a match to avoid a Muslim, you would hear about it non-stop on CNN and the rest of the MSM.
CNN also didn't cover how the Arab Muslims of the Lebanese team refused to share a bus with the Israelis. Only Fox News reported that story.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:10 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Bigotry or not, that's your opinion. They don't see that's bigotry.
It is bigotry.

You must admire the KKK for wearing white robes and burning a cross. That is their principals, too.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:14 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The Saudi and Lebanese and Iranian teams should be BANNED from the Olympics unless they agree to play Israel. This happens in every Olympcis, and the Arab Muslims from Lebanon also refused to even share a bus with the Israelis.

Of course liberals and Democrats who support the Palestinian cause believe this is okay. They also won't care that the Saudis didn't even allow women on their team until the IOC forced them to. But homophobia, anti-Semitism and sexism are acceptable as long as it is part of Arab Muslim culture, which must be respected.
You are projecting your own prejudices on others, Tom.

The fact is most American Jews are democrats and liberals.

I am a democrat and a liberal and I also support Israel.

Homophobia, anti-Semitism, and sexism is never acceptable no matter which country that legitimizes it.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:52 PM

714 posts, read 355,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Clark,
You're in the minority. Or will be soon.
The Sanders wing is gaining power at a quick pace. The Dems are making a hard left turn. This ain't the Democratic party of your grandfather, or even your father.

And far leftism, just as far rightism, is anathema for Israel. Hatred of Israel and so-called "Zionism" is where the extreme left and the extreme right meet and kiss.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I have no idea how Muslim countries get away with this crap. Sporting events are supposed to be non political and Qatar was even told they have to let Israel compete in the World Cup if they qualify or they wouldn't get to host. Saudi Arabia was told several yrs ago by the IOC that they have to end their ban on women athletes or get suspended from the Olympics.

Like I said in the OP, the morality bar is set very low for these countries. at least ISIS doesn't pretend to be a humane organization. They're up front and honest about what they are.
The woman in this thread started her training for the Olympics in the US only around a year ago and dropped out pretty quickly. Let's see what happens with the rest of the women on their team.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:54 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Bigotry or not, that's your opinion. They don't see that's bigotry.
Of course it is bigotry.

Are you Humpty Dumpty? Do words only mean what you say they mean?

Old 08-08-2016, 06:57 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You are projecting your own prejudices on others, Tom.

The fact is most American Jews are democrats and liberals.

Homophobia, anti-Semitism, and sexism is never acceptable no matter which country that legitimizes it.

I think he was being sarcastic, at least I hope so.

I find Muslim culture and the middle east in particular to be completely distasteful and also completely incompatible with western culture.

They take gay people there and drop them off the tops of multi-story building roofs head first. Disgusting stuff and it's widely accepted or at least a blind eye is turned for sure.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:30 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Nice world leadership by the great community organizer. They respect him about as much as they respect a pile of camel dung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.