Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Conservatives: "why do you liberals always make everything about race?"

SMH...we see who can't get enough of this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 01:23 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
This must be a Red Neck Hick Thread, which plays to the Racist, because they sure come out in force to sling their ignorance.

These commentators are a clear and present example why racism in American is such a problem and it demonstrates who promotes its continuance. Hopefully these types soon die out, ultimately their graves sites will go UN-maintained over the decades to come.
You're being incredibly reactive to a minority of posters participating in this thread. Way to blow it up into an all-encompassing agenda.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:25 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Conservatives: "why do you liberals always make everything about race?"

SMH...we see who can't get enough of this topic.
LOL, ain't this the truth.

I will also add how the OP and those like him like to complain about black people "complaining" about race and slavery, yet they are the main ones starting all the "race" threads.

I honestly don't even see the purpose of this particular thread. Our Olympic team is enormously diverse and I think that is why we always do so well in the Olympics. Also diversity is not just about ethnicity.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
It's a source of humor in some circles (several black girls I went to high school with took an "F" in Physical Education the semester we had swimming, laughing off the idea and citing "oh hell no I'm not getting my hair wet") but the truth is, a majority of black people don't know how to swim. The reasons why range wildly from personal vanity to lack of local pools or funds to pay for lessons. This article puts the number of non-swimmers at a staggering 70%.

There
I know a majority of Blacks don't know how to swim. This was noted after some people drowned near Shreveport,Louisiana. Personally, I don't like that some people make jokes out of it. Maybe it's because I wonder about the intentions behind it.

The lack of local pools could play a factor. I stopped swimming at an apartment complex pool when children with diapers starting swimming in it. Some people of all races won't swim in a pool if young children are in it. I stopped because I feared children were doing disgusting things in it.

Now, when I went to California, I went swimming in the chilly ocean. Loved it. So did alot of other Black people who went. They were mostly Africans. They blew the "Black people can't swim stereotype" of the water(pun intended). They could swim.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:30 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In my opinion, you really don't need diversity in sports. May the strongest and best win.

Think too much.
THIS ^^^

the Olympics is one of the few places where affirmative action is irrelevant and only merit counts.

ETA: Unless you're the 1st American fencer to wear a hijab. Then that's ALL you hear about - even if she hasn't done anything yet.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know a majority of Blacks don't know how to swim. This was noted after some people drowned near Shreveport,Louisiana. Personally, I don't like that some people make jokes out of it. Maybe it's because I wonder about the intentions behind it.

The lack of local pools could play a factor. I stopped swimming at an apartment complex pool when children with diapers starting swimming in it. Some people of all races won't swim in a pool if young children are in it. I stopped because I feared children were doing disgusting things in it.

Now, when I went to California, I went swimming in the chilly ocean. Loved it. So did alot of other Black people who went. They were mostly Africans. They blew the "Black people can't swim stereotype" of the water(pun intended). They could swim.
Im not able to see past comments into the heart of every person here, so I don't even try. I don't have that deep an interest in what lurks in the minds of strangers.

I totally agree about public pools. People have the worst manners in them.

I've spent a good amount of time in Hawaii and the Virgin Islands and can vouch for the ability of back people to swim just as well if not better than anyone of other color. It's just a shame that more blacks don't get an opportunity to learn. I'm glad there are programs out there trying to change that. As a surfer and part-turtle (I'm Hawaiian) I feel swimming is a vital life skill that is as important to learn as our ABC's.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I will also add how the OP and those like him like to complain about black people "complaining" about race and slavery, yet they are the main ones starting all the "race" threads.

I honestly don't even see the purpose of this particular thread. Our Olympic team is enormously diverse and I think that is why we always do so well in the Olympics. Also diversity is not just about ethnicity.
Conservatives make ALL the race threads with the exception of a couple that I've seen.

Their obsession with blacks and race in general is unreal.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Because we are confused why liberals don't apply their own standards universally.

If diversity is good for schools and businesses, why not for Olympic teams?

Old 08-08-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Because we are confused why liberals don't apply their own standards universally.

Because they're not at all the same thing. A one-size-fits-all mentality of life renders some too stupid to know the difference, I guess. Does it really need to be broken down for you?

Old 08-08-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Lol...just say "I hate seeing blacks in schools and working in various businesses" and be done with it.

I really don't understand why you guys never just get right to the point instead of using the Olympics as some diversion for your true sentiments. Hell, you're a right winger. It ain't like we don't already know how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies