Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 03:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
See, this is the perfect example. This is complete refuse. Pro-life people believe they are stopping parents from intruding on the life of a child. There is no contradiction. It is only a contradiction for those who would be best unborn due to an nonviable organ.

Again, I don't think that and disagree with them on a another consistent principle. I don't think a blood test is a mass slaughter of human life.
"Pro-life" don't want tax dollars paying for abortions. Pro-choice don't want tax paying for a total care person who is literally a vegetable their entire life. (see post #17)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 03:42 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How self-righteous of Rubio.

Most microcephalics do not develop cognitively beyond an infant. They cannot communicate, control their muscles or eliminations, have repeated seizures, cannot eat (must be fed through a gastric feeding tube), cannot walk or talk. Many become ventilator dependent for breathing.
And yet you have idiots like Rubio that are so "pro-life", that even such a devastating disease as Zika, cannot see the wisdom of allowing abortions in this instance. Perhaps, Zika babies born in Florida should be referred to as "Marco-babies".

Old 08-08-2016, 03:56 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
and this is another reason why the GOP will lose the election.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:02 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
He is not imposing anything other than his opinion. Did he sign some executive order or something that the OP failed to mention.

People are still entitled to their opinions are they not? Fascism has not usurped the Constitution during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics or did we all miss something. Sheesh, some people need to go to their safe spaces and let the adults handles the hard stuff like listening to others and being able to disagree without going Bat S crazy!
Sure they are..BUT Rubio is a "LAWMAKER" some some sort of anonymous idiot on a blog site! I would ask him..would he personally take on the COSTS of such babies born with Microcephaly ?? Because IF not his opinion is meaningless..Unless one's committed to such a ridiculous idea of forcing lower income and poor to bear the costs of looking after such a child..never mind the COSTS to Government in the case of Medicaid recipients!! So Just maybe such self-righteous belief system should be held accountable and fund those children himself!! Right along with all those others who demand women to bear children with such debilitating issues!!!!

I really do believe Rubio is too young to even fathom the WHY of the original reason for Women to be allowed to make such discussions!! What a jerk.!!

He has never witnessed nor experienced such a horrific situation such mother, father and parents enduring such..SO with that I say Stupid..preaching to his base Fundies!! SMH!!

BTW~~ I'm NOT in favour necessarily for Abortion for convenience sake..( I'm adopted so have a sensitivity to that)..But after over 19 years delivering babies..and witnessing the thrill of life..but also seen the devastation side of the babies suffering from irreconcilable issues..I side with ..Nature isn't always fair..but why put knowingly put any LIFE thru Hell on earth either??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How self-righteous of Rubio.

Most microcephalics do not develop cognitively beyond an infant. They cannot communicate, control their muscles or eliminations, have repeated seizures, cannot eat (must be fed through a gastric feeding tube), cannot walk or talk. Many become ventilator dependent for breathing.
See my above post^^^ and I agree 100% with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
And yet you have idiots like Rubio that are so "pro-life", that even such a devastating disease as Zika, cannot see the wisdom of allowing abortions in this instance. Perhaps, Zika babies born in Florida should be referred to as "Marco-babies".
Politicians ..Fundies and their sacrosanct options need to put up or SHUT UP..because IF these preachers in chief desire such babies..then they SHOULD step up to the plate and take them in..PAY out of their pockets for their care..YET they refuse to acknowledge forcing such compromised infants to SUFFER ..THEY are cruel and yet profess to believe in God..It makes me shiver really..They have NO Clue the suffering of child let alone the PAIN and Agony of parent/parents of such a child!! It's hypocrisy to the tenth degree!!! Take it from a HC provider..If you can't understand it..why demand something you have no understanding?????

Old 08-08-2016, 04:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Does not matter what a politician says. Abortion is legal. States can put time limits on it.

A super majority of Congress would have to approve a constitutional amendment and 37 states would need to ratify it.

Good luck with that.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:06 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
Zika is a great thing for the Democratic party. Think about all the future voters they will pick up with even smaller brains.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
...if a female friend became pregnant and had the Zika virus I would recommend she consider aborting the fetus and avoid becoming pregnant so long as the virus was present. Considering the difficulties that would be faced by a microcephalic baby abortion should be considered a kindness for all concerned.
Yep. I would strongly recommend said female friend go ahead and get the abortion as soon as possible after the knowledge of the pregnancy and the Zika infection were known.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 08-08-2016 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: changed "strong" to "strongly" cuz grammar matters

Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Does not matter what a politician says. Abortion is legal. States can put time limits on it.

A super majority of Congress would have to approve a constitutional amendment and 37 states would need to ratify it.

Good luck with that.
The problem is that early ultrasounds may not show microcephaly.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/862006

In WI, they passed a bill denying pregnancy termination after 20 weeks. The result is that mothers are choosing to terminate earlier for a suspicious birth defect rather than waiting and determining the severity with ultrasounds.

Quote:
Dr. Steven Leuthner, professor of pediatrics and bioethics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, said some diagnoses of life-limiting conditions aren’t completely reliable before the 20-week mark. Faced with a stricter timeline to legally obtain an abortion, more women may choose to end a pregnancy that could have been carried to term instead of obtaining additional fetus monitoring and physician counseling, he said.
Expert: Republicans' abortion ban in Wisconsin will cause more abortions, great suffering - Wisconsin Gazette

Old 08-08-2016, 04:30 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
If they have Zika and vote for leftists, they should have an abortion. If they don't have Zika and vote for leftists, they should have an abortion.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If they have Zika and vote for leftists, they should have an abortion. If they don't have Zika and vote for leftists, they should have an abortion.
Right wing logic that will contribute to the extinction of the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies