Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 PM

20,335 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yes they should.
I work for the state of California, and i can tell you that those ridiculous pension are from the top 1%.
Your Executives, Fire Battalion Chiefs, Vice Chancellors of Community Colleges all look out for each other, kinda of Like Ceo's and NFL Football Coaches.
Get fired from one place then you're hired some where else. Think Bob Nardelli, who almost ran Home Depot into the ground then gets a job running Chrysler
They all take care of each and vote each other into high paying Positions and pay raises. A lot of times their contracts are written to skip over the 5 years That Calpers requires you to wait for your pension.
O.P. you should be mad at the top 1% that keeps recycling jobs between each other as a whole not just the state Of California.
Makes you come off as a hater
Sound like the same system in NJ. It's a retiree's gold mine for politicians and their cronies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 11:58 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Why do people living in Texas care what California does with its pension plan?

Texas already gutted its pension plans for young people; that's not enough, you have to stick your nose into other states' business.

A CEO gets paid $50 million/year and you shrug your shoulders, "That's their business." But a state you don't even live in overpays in pension benefits to average people and you're up in arms over it like it's a moral issue.
Who is paying the government employee?

Federal Income Tax, is not paying the CEO's salary, but it does pay the government employee.

Does the CEO pay his federal income tax? If the answer is no, then there's a problem that will not be dismissed by the shrug of one's shoulders.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:11 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Redistribution of wealth inevitably fails.
It focuses on the abstraction (money) and ignores prosperity.
Prosperity is based on the production, equitable trade and enjoyment of surplus usable goods and services.
Penalizing the productive and rewarding the nonproductive is a recipe for disaster.
And when the recipients outvote the donors, the end result is complete collapse, chaos, and civil war.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Why do people living in Texas care what California does with its pension plan?

Texas already gutted its pension plans for young people; that's not enough, you have to stick your nose into other states' business.

A CEO gets paid $50 million/year and you shrug your shoulders, "That's their business." But a state you don't even live in overpays in pension benefits to average people and you're up in arms over it like it's a moral issue.
Liberalism at its finest.

Average person.

Bwahahahahahahahahah

Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
California state and local taxpayers.

It's interesting that you didn't know the basic facts before forming an opinion.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:00 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Liberalism at its finest.

Average person.

Bwahahahahahahahahah
If policemen, firemen, teachers and sanitation workers are not average people, then what are they?

Old 08-10-2016, 12:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
If policemen, firemen, teachers and sanitation workers are not average people, then what are they?

They are a special class of "average people" who get by more easily off the backs of other people who have to pay their way because of political deals that have been made.

Many of these special "average" people are not leftists despite with ideological leftists tend to think, they are just pro union when it comes to money coming into their own pockets that other people have to pay for.

You think cops are pro universal health care? Ha! Most of them couldn't care less about a working family getting good health insurance, they have great coverage that is largely paid for by taxpayers and you can take care of yourself, thank you.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
California state and local taxpayers.

It's interesting that you didn't know the basic facts before forming an opinion.
Only blonde when I want to be as there are exceptions to the rule.

The U.S. Economic Stimulus Plan - Council on Foreign Relations

The Stimulus: States Getting the Most Money So Far | US News

So up until Obama Administration, what you said, would have been true. To be honest though, the Bush Administration began the implementation of the Federal Stimulus, the Obama Administration executed it.

So, I ask this again. Who is paying for the states government employees? (plural, not possessive noun)

Remember you're the one that brought Texas into this, but some one else brought Texans into it long before you did ...

Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yes they should.
I work for the state of California, and i can tell you that those ridiculous pension are from the top 1%.
Your Executives, Fire Battalion Chiefs, Vice Chancellors of Community Colleges all look out for each other, kinda of Like Ceo's and NFL Football Coaches.
Get fired from one place then you're hired some where else. Think Bob Nardelli, who almost ran Home Depot into the ground then gets a job running Chrysler
They all take care of each and vote each other into high paying Positions and pay raises. A lot of times their contracts are written to skip over the 5 years That Calpers requires you to wait for your pension.
O.P. you should be mad at the top 1% that keeps recycling jobs between each other as a whole not just the state Of California.
Makes you come off as a hater
No hate involved. All government problems start from the top.

I seriously doubt that the voters of CA would approve of these rich pension plans. I suspect they would prefer that their government pension plans fall in line with private business. But they don't have a choice. They don't get to vote on pension plans in most states.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Having already downed a few power drinks, she turns around, faces him, looks him straight in the eye and says,

"Listen here, good looking. I will screw anybody, anytime, anywhere, their place, my place, in the car, front door, back door, on the ground, standing up, sitting down, naked or with clothes on...it doesn't matter to me. I just love it."

His eyes now wide with interest, he responds,

"No kidding. I'm in Government too. Are you federal or state?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies